Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure anyone was particularly excited about their status on the rumours list but I see You Me at Six have been announced for a German festival on the Saturday of Glasto, in addition to their appearance at Hurricane & Southside. I guess that rules them out. Don't right understand why they keep lying to Couchy but there you go.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not sure anyone was particularly excited about their status on the rumours list but I see You Me at Six have been announced for a German festival on the Saturday of Glasto, in addition to their appearance at Hurricane & Southside. I guess that rules them out. Don't right understand why they keep lying to Couchy but there you go.

Am I right in thinking that's twice now they've said they're playing Glastonbury and aren't playing? I haven't been expecting them since they were announced for R&L given their lies about that too. Strange guys tbh.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well I guess that opens up the 'Kerrang/Reading & Leeds band on the Other Stage' slot that I made up.

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fantastic! Glad they aren't playing. Wonder who the Eavis' booked at the NME awards then

Saw a pair of gigs across Thursday and Friday that, no word of a lie, both fall into my all-time top 20 (and I'm well intro triple figures).

These artists? Gojira and Rick Astley.

The latter is probably more likely than the former - but both are currently in Europe around the Glasto weekend (Gojira have no dates scheduled but are between European legs, whilst Rick plays Dalby Forest on the Friday).

Gojira were, shy of Metallica, probably the most technically excellent, thrilling heavy metal band I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Stick 'em on JP mid-afternoon and they'll get a decent crowd.

Rick Astley would have been everything that Telegraph and Guardian critics will hate - as in uproariously good fun and self-deprecating, but also vocally superb and and backed by a crack band. Even the songs that should have been hokey - pretty much all of them, from the SAW to the clubland covers - just flew instead. Very warm, very good. Stick him in the slot Madness had last year and he'll probably justify it with ease.

16 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Here we go Twenty One Pilots 

Anything but.

12 hours ago, henry bear said:

Alice Cooper starts a European tour (including festivals) in Barcelona on 1st July. No UK dates on this leg thus far. Not likely I know, but a possibility for the Motorhead/ZZ Top slot (if they're persevering with it).

Would take with a pie on the side, though feel that seeing Cooper in daylight is a bit of a con for his stage production. Hoping to take in his arena show in the autumn. 

45 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I'd love to see Jimmy at the festival this year. They are in Germany the Friday, Saturday and then a gap until Wednesday in Berlin. What are the chances of them playing the Sunday? Bit tight but possible!

They're in Denmark on the Friday so it'll be Germany Saturday & Sunday unfortunately 

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Would take with a pie on the side, though feel that seeing Cooper in daylight is a bit of a con for his stage production. Hoping to take in his arena show in the autumn. 

Not the same I know but he could still bring out the guillotine, snakes, hunchbacks etc, and has plenty of songs the audience would be familiar with. 

On 17/03/2017 at 9:49 AM, MattDavies__ said:

Did anyone catch Ed Miliband speak last year? 

We saw him, can't remember what he was talking about though, Mr Charm thinks it was about renewable energy but I'm not so sure, love The Speakers Forum, fascinating talks and a nice place to have a chill, always pay a few visits. 
Charm x