Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

17 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Although still very much out of the mainstream, Floating Points is really climbing up the festival bills these days. He was quality on The Park last year.

Really intrigued by the solo live sets, seems like he'll be recreating his more dancy, electronic stuff rather than the band stuff. Would love to have him doing that

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, evannn said:

Thundercat, americ anfootball, Arab Strap, Girl Band, and Joy O for me. 

I don't know if any of those have played too recently to rule them out 

I asked American Football if they're at Glastonbury and they said they wont be there. :( 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I can't see American Football ever playing Glastonbury. They will get more money headlining a boutique festival on an exclusive deal, or playing R+L. They are one of those bands I never expect Glastonbury to book. Unfortunately :mellow:

As well there seems to be a dearth of the indie side of emo, anywhere other than arctangent or bestival's invaders of the future stage (RIP?). Maybe get one or two acts at R&L each year. 

1 minute ago, evannn said:

As well there seems to be a dearth of the indie side of emo, anywhere other than arctangent or bestival's invaders of the future stage (RIP?). Maybe get one or two acts at R&L each year. 

Most of those bands are fairly niche American acts and won't cross the pond for anything less than a fairly substantial fee and a headline/featured position on the lineup. It's a shame really. Same reason why Mars Volta/At the Drive-In will likely never play.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Most of those bands are fairly niche American acts and won't cross the pond for anything less than a fairly substantial fee and a headline/featured position on the lineup. It's a shame really. Same reason why Mars Volta/At the Drive-In will likely never play.

Well I've seen Pinegrove and The Front Bottoms play at Bestival. And ttng and Moose Blood are British, but they don't seem to crop up on many bills.

Basement are at DL this year but that's a weak lineup in general for me

9 minutes ago, evannn said:

Well I've seen Pinegrove and The Front Bottoms play at Bestival. And ttng and Moose Blood are British, but they don't seem to crop up on many bills.

Basement are at DL this year but that's a weak lineup in general for me

You'd think an act like TTNG would ideal for midday on the Park Stage or something. Ah well.

11 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Um so according to someone who works at/with (no idea what they do) Parklife Bon Iver is gonna be announced at 11 tonight. 

I dont believe em, but thought I'd report it anyway. 

For Parklife or Glastonbury? Sorry can't tell which you mean.