Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No idea.

I have had new info overnight about Gibb tho, with someone else (with a proven history, tho not a big history) telling me he's definitely booked.

That new info has convinced me that it's correct that he's playing.

I can't quite believe that #rightbazza gets mentioned without being referred to as #rightbazza!

1 hour ago, Divein said:

There's only one special guest left to be announced at parklife and it isn't Bon Iver

There's 2 special guest spots to be filled, unless I've missed the announcement. 

Chainsmokers have a Manchester gig on the 23rd Feb which is when the special guest is announced.

2+2 and all that.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Yussef Kamaal are in the the UK/Europe in June. A cross between Floating Points (live) and BadBadNotGood is my attempt at a description. Pretty jazzy. Good stuff.

it feels like they're this years Kamasi Washington, they're being booked to play everywhere in the summer which is great. I'll be very surprised if they're not at Glastonbury. 

Also if they are, it's likely Henry Wu will probably have DJ set somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Cieran said:

it feels like they're this years Kamasi Washington, they're being booked to play everywhere in the summer which is great. I'll be very surprised if they're not at Glastonbury. 

Also if they are, it's likely Henry Wu will probably have DJ set somewhere. 

Let's hope so.

I'm pretty new to Yussef Kamaal to be honest, so you'll have to enlighten me; is Henry Wu one of the band? What does he play in his DJ sets?

7 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Let's hope so.

I'm pretty new to Yussef Kamaal to be honest, so you'll have to enlighten me; is Henry Wu one of the band? What does he play in his DJ sets?

I'm the opposite, don't know much about yussef kamaal but heard a few Henry Wu mixes. Seem to remember this being nice (Henry Wu is on in the second hour) fairly varied housey, discoey stuff from all over  https://m.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/alexander-nut-w-henry-wu-10th-january-2016/

Just now, big__phil said:

Let's hope so.

Henry Wu is a producer and DJ, he's also one of the 2 members that make up Yussef Kamaal. He plays a range of stuff, usually a lot house and disco, everything in that area really. A lot of his own stuff produced under Henry Wu is house, heavily influenced by jazz