Best headliner IYHO

cowmadiddy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Special mention - U2 as one of the few who thought it was brilliant.

Me too. I really enjoyed watching a band out of their comfort zone not only fighting the elements but also a crowd that partially wanted to see them fail. I'm not sure how much they enjoyed it but it was a gutsy set I thought. Not my favourite headliner, but one I enjoyed nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Travis was good fun actually. I loved their first album but have been abit 'meh' ever since.  It does raise a smile looking back when at that gig he said 'we're gonna play a new song now, it's called 'Safe''. 

Haha, yeah. Their first album is probably my favourite, less poppy than those that followed. :)

51 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Special mention - U2 as one of the few who thought it was brilliant.

First 9 tracks = this is fucking awesome despite the weather, instant classic stuff

Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until The End Of The World
One
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Next 4 tracks = oh god this is horrific, like listening to a fucking headache

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Get On Your Boots
Vertigo

Next 3 = the weather is appalling and ruining what should be a fucking superb gig - shit theyre playing Bad and no one cares...

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
Pride

Last 3 tracks = the band have fucked this up even more than the weather, let me outta here.

With Or Without You
Moment Of Surrender
Out Of Control

Mental gig.

Edited by Wooderson

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

I thought it was awful and I really like them. Such a soul sapping atmosphere even at the back of the pit. Even The Who last year was more lively. 

Really? I thought the exact opposite, although we were closer to the front and there was a lot of flares etc near us so everyone was in to it

1 hour ago, stixmcvix said:

Amazed that no-one's picked Beyonce in 2011. Man it felt good to be alive that night. Her cover of Prince's The Beautiful Ones (see 45:17) was outstanding. Still watch that set about twice a year and get serious goosebumps.

As a bloke in the crowd for this it was notable just how many ladies were there, young and old. Never seen the crowd like that before. Too right as well after plenty of years of blokes dominating that stage, and whilst it wasn't really my cup of tea she undeniably smashed it.

My Mrs enjoyed Single Ladies a little too much for my liking though :P

14 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I've only seen 2 Pyramid headliners. The Rolling Stones and Arcade Fire. Stones was special, Arcade Fire was my favourite gig of my life so far. So that one. 

I'd go for Arcade Fire followed by the Stones as well.

In terms of other stages, Hot Chip last year and Massive Attack in 14 were both excellent.

I would give a nut to be able to travel bck in time to see Neil Young and 'Yonce.

1 hour ago, snorton82 said:

Really? I thought the exact opposite, although we were closer to the front and there was a lot of flares etc near us so everyone was in to it

I wasn't even very far back in the pit but everyone seemed bored, never more so than when they played the Humbug songs in the mid section. I don't think the screens they went for helped. Objectively and watching back on tv it looks cracking. But being there was sadly a different story. 

Radiohead '97 for sheer spine tingling magic. 

Stones '13 for as perfect a combination of performance, excitement and crowd atmosphere as I can imagine.

Objectively not the best, but top in pure nostalgia - Smashing Pumpkins on the Other in '13 :rolleyes:

another one for the Stones and Arcade Fire. absolutely off my nut for both of them and loved every single second - the Stones because it was just such an event and they outdid everybody's expectations, and Arcade Fire just nailed it and looked genuinely stoked to be doing it

none Pyramid, Hot Chip last year definitely stands out. had so much fun. my friend has been dying to go see them again ever since

Edited by FloorFiller

Stevie Wonder 2010.  Hands Down.  In my top 5 gigs of all time, probably even top 3.

Ones I wish I'd been at that could have run it close would have been Bowie in 2000 and Blur in 09.

Portishead in 2013 is still probably the greatest gig I have ever been to. I cant see how it can be topped. Stunning atmosphere, the privilege of seeing a band who rarely play live, emotionally charged, a singer who just got it and nailed it completely, as did the rest of the band, the best, and most apppropriate visuals I have seen at Glasto and a crowd who wanted to be at that stage that night at that time and really added to the whole thing. I simply cannot find any bad points in that performance, And it was t Glastonbury

Simply blew me away