Best headliner IYHO

cowmadiddy

it's a tough one. Wooderson did a headliners tournament of some sort a few years back on here surveying us all. i think he was in shock that Radiohead's 2003 beat out Macca 04 in semis or something?

experience mixed in with actual performance has me with Stones, Springsteen and Macca. add in Radiohead in '03 for the performance...that's my final 4. Stones on Pyramid may have been gig of my life when adding in all the factors, so that wins I guess...

as earlier mentioned on here, best non-Pyramid headliner Portishead Other '13..and I'm not even a huge fan of them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

3. Radiohead & REM 2003 - can't seperate them, my x2 fave bands, perfect double header. Best year ever?

truly an amazing booking that year. 2003 right there with '09 as best year for me. Don't think I have ever been as excited upon arrival as that year. REM and Radiohead at that time, just an amazing back to back nights, and REM side of stage for Radiohead's set too, getting a "Lucky" dedication.

8 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Portishead in 2013 is still probably the greatest gig I have ever been to. I cant see how it can be topped. Stunning atmosphere, the privilege of seeing a band who rarely play live, emotionally charged, a singer who just got it and nailed it completely, as did the rest of the band, the best, and most apppropriate visuals I have seen at Glasto and a crowd who wanted to be at that stage that night at that time and really added to the whole thing. I simply cannot find any bad points in that performance, And it was t Glastonbury

Simply blew me away

Gibbons parting words "was it all right??"

30 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Portishead in 2013 is still probably the greatest gig I have ever been to. I cant see how it can be topped. Stunning atmosphere, the privilege of seeing a band who rarely play live, emotionally charged, a singer who just got it and nailed it completely, as did the rest of the band, the best, and most apppropriate visuals I have seen at Glasto and a crowd who wanted to be at that stage that night at that time and really added to the whole thing. I simply cannot find any bad points in that performance, And it was t Glastonbury

Simply blew me away

Completely agree.  The only show/gig i have been right at the front for as well made it even better being that close

1. Radiohead 2003

2. Radiohead 1997

3. Portishead 2013

i completely agree with portishead being mentioned several times. The earth shock with the bass. The crowd were devotional at the front watching Beth in a black Mac with her eyes closed throughout singing like a lost Angel. 

Pure perfection. 

I remember radiohead coming onto there there in 2003 and equally my iron lung in 1997 and when it kicked in, you could get a skipping rope under the front half of the crowd. 

I so miss the old school festival mosh pits    

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

it's a tough one. Wooderson did a headliners tournament of some sort a few years back on here surveying us all. i think he was in shock that Radiohead's 2003 beat out Macca 04 in semis or something?

experience mixed in with actual performance has me with Stones, Springsteen and Macca. add in Radiohead in '03 for the performance...that's my final 4. Stones on Pyramid may have been gig of my life when adding in all the factors, so that wins I guess...

as earlier mentioned on here, best non-Pyramid headliner Portishead Other '13..and I'm not even a huge fan of them.

I remember that mate, yep. Radiohead fervour on here is white hot.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

goddamn i will always regret missing that Portishead set

Don't.  It might have been one of the greats, but wherever you went that night there was a great gig on, something for everyone that night.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Don't.  It might have been one of the greats, but wherever you went that night there was a great gig on, something for everyone that night.

Chic were headlining west holts. I chose the funk that night and I'm glad I did.

still didn't stop me from wishing I could clone myself so I could've seen both sets. 

11 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Chic were headlining west holts. I chose the funk that night and I'm glad I did.

still didn't stop me from wishing I could clone myself so I could've seen both sets. 

Likewise.

We left it late to choose and as we were in full on party mode Chic seemed like the best option. Sure enough they were fucking fantastic, we danced our arses off then headed straight down the SE corner until 5am. One of the best nights of my life :)

Still wish I could of seen Portishead.