The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, thatcrazypenguin said:

do you think the still tba acts are going to be likely to be big names though? or just random acts scattered around the smaller stages and stuff like arcadias lineup etc? how has this worked in previous years with the tba on the poster? did we have any large acts announced late last few years?

Headliner and a sub for starters...

1 minute ago, CJTM said:

flights of the conchords?

Nah, Eavis won't let comedy acts on the main stage and they're too big for the tents. (Aka the answer to Why doesn't Bill Bailey ever play Glastonbury anymore?)

Just now, thatcrazypenguin said:

do you think the still tba acts are going to be likely to be big names though? or just random acts scattered around the smaller stages and stuff like arcadias lineup etc? how has this worked in previous years with the tba on the poster? did we have any large acts announced late last few years?

Well there will be plenty of random acts scattered around smaller stages, because this poster covers just five stages of the 100+ there. But it barely covers half of all those.

As for the rest, depend on your value of 'big'. I doubt we will see many more acts that trouble the singles charts or get played on commercial radio, but if you mostly listen to radio 2 you might see a fair few more 'big' acts.

3 minutes ago, pmdirectuk said:

The Stone Roses! They have been announced for T In The Park. I was expecting Madonna and Bieber too! Lots on there I like but only a couple I am ecstatic about but hey! I'll be on my honeymoon and in a caravan with all the mod cons.  

You on crack?

13 minutes ago, wirralchris said:

Faithless

Chris Cornell

Noel Gallagher

Noel is one I actually would love to see. Didn't he say they could never pay him enough though? Others are the Coral, Catfish & the Bottlemen, and Royal Blood would have been nice.  

13 minutes ago, feline said:

Noel is one I actually would love to see. Didn't he say they could never pay him enough though? 

From what I've seen of Noel G in Glastonbury related interviews he would love too play. He's always there as a punter.

26 minutes ago, pmdirectuk said:

The Stone Roses! They have been announced for T In The Park. I was expecting Madonna and Bieber too! Lots on there I like but only a couple I am ecstatic about but hey! I'll be on my honeymoon and in a caravan with all the mod cons.  

Madonna and Bieber? Thank god you were wrong.