The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

pretty much zero unless they show up as a secret act (again) - headlining Reading/Leeds as an exclusive

They will be playing radio 1's big weekend which is pretty weird then. And metallica was a festival exclusive for download or something like that when they played Glastonbury. So i still have a little bit of hope that they will be playing :D not much tho

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheRedSeat said:

Varying degrees of likelihood (mostly unlikely) but any combination of 

J5

Richmond Fontaine

Felice Brothers

The Coral

Paul Heaton

Hold Steady

Kendrick

Nathaniel Rateliff

would be just fine with me

The Hold Steady would be amazing! Can't see it happening though I'm afraid. I think Craig Finn is touring his solo stuff at the moment - maybe he could show up?

On 4/1/2016 at 1:00 PM, Cammers said:

A few personal likes that would be cool to see in the full announcement:

Tame Impala
The Japanese House
Alabama Shakes
SBTRKT
Lonely The Brave
Bears Den
Koan Sound
Mystery Jets
John Butler Trio

Yes to Alabama Shakes! I saw them last year on the Pyramid and were fantastic! Love to see First Aid Kit thrown in there somewhere too.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 10:26 AM, chazwwe said:

Tame Impala for me is a big one and with the way its shaping out to be, I feel like they're not gonna be there. Which is a huge shame

I think that's a good shout, I do hope they play to be honest! For me personally I would LOVE Kendrick Lamar to show his face.

Just to keep people's expectations realistic the acts who we got last year who were the most 'commercially recognisable' were the likes of Catfish, The Cribs, Burt Bacarach, Twin Atlantic. That's the level of acts we're looking act.

Aside from acts like Kendrick and Biffy having exclusivity agreements elsewhere they're also too big to be announced at this stage. Same goes for Tame Impala I would unfortunately suspect. The line up is already ridiculously stacked.

Personally I'm hoping for The Coral and I think there's a decent chance we'll get them.

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just to keep people's expectations realistic the acts who we got last year who were the most 'commercially recognisable' were the likes of Catfish, The Cribs, Burt Bacarach, Twin Atlantic. That's the level of acts we're looking act.

Aside from acts like Kendrick and Biffy having exclusivity agreements elsewhere they're also too big to be announced at this stage. Same goes for Tame Impala I would unfortunately suspect. The line up is already ridiculously stacked.

Personally I'm hoping for The Coral and I think there's a decent chance we'll get them.

Yeah I completely agree. If (e.g.) Tame Impala would play, they would want to be on the first poster and the Eavises would want to have them on the poster as well 

6 minutes ago, Primalcrux said:

Yeah I completely agree. If (e.g.) Tame Impala would play, they would want to be on the first poster and the Eavises would want to have them on the poster as well 

Given their other activity this summer, I'm assuming that Animal Collective fall into that category too, sadly. I know they're not Tame Impala sized, but I would imagine that had they been booked they'd be on the poster, given that they're headlining the (admittedly comparitively tiddly) EOTR.

Still, hope is not gone 'til the full mother is released.

Ben

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Given their other activity this summer, I'm assuming that Animal Collective fall into that category too, sadly. I know they're not Tame Impala sized, but I would imagine that had they been booked they'd be on the poster, given that they're headlining the (admittedly comparitively tiddly) EOTR.

Still, hope is not gone 'til the full mother is released.

Ben

Yeah there's always hope. I know that in 2014 Imagine Dragons was pretty big and they recieved a spot on the other stage accordingly (I believe they were 3rd from the top) and they weren't on the first poster either.

They are not as big as e.g. Biffy or Tame Impala, but still, a man can dream ;p 

12 minutes ago, Primalcrux said:

Yeah there's always hope. I know that in 2014 Imagine Dragons was pretty big and they recieved a spot on the other stage accordingly (I believe they were 3rd from the top) and they weren't on the first poster either.

They are not as big as e.g. Biffy or Tame Impala, but still, a man can dream ;p 

2014 was a strange poster. I think the whole of Sunday Other Stage apart from Massive Attack - so including Ellie Goulding, Bombay Bicycle Club, etc - was off the poster while there were Block 9 acts on the poster. More of a snapshot of the lineup as a whole, whereas last year and, by the looks of it, this year the poster is more about the big acts.

2 hours ago, Primalcrux said:

They will be playing radio 1's big weekend which is pretty weird then. And metallica was a festival exclusive for download or something like that when they played Glastonbury. So i still have a little bit of hope that they will be playing :D not much tho

Big Weekend often isn't taken into account when claiming exclusivity, I assume because of it being free. Lots of acts who are exclusive elsewhere play it.

Metallica was a weird situation so I don't think too much can be read into it. I know Neil has said they were going to be on the Other Stage had Prince played but it doesn't seem all that likely to me that they'd agree to that. If that is true, the only way I can see it having come about is that they were chasing Prince, he was dithering and fucking them about so they went after other options (which ended up being Metallica who were already booked as an exclusive at Sonisphere) as headliners but told them that they were still after Prince and if he did eventually agree then said act would headline the Other Stage instead.

Biffy Clyro aren't in any kind of weird situation like this, and if they were booked as some kind of sub-if-the-headliner-agrees-and-headline-if-not it'd be to Adele, and they're busy that day anyway.

Add to this that the only slot they could possibly play which isn't 99% certain to be an act already on the poster (although it pretty much is) is the Saturday sub slot when they're elsewhere and unfortunately it's a non starter.

2 hours ago, Henrik said:

The Hold Steady would be amazing! Can't see it happening though I'm afraid. I think Craig Finn is touring his solo stuff at the moment - maybe he could show up?

Yeah it looks like we're at least a year or so away from a full band album/tour. The solo stuff hasn't grabbed me the same way but I'd definitely be there if he played

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

James Bay (as much I hate him) he was definitely one of the bigger names missing on the initial lineup

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 19/04/2016 at 0:32 PM, zico martin said:

I always hope for a bit more of the old school indies stuff to be there but sometimes I wonder whether I should be going to that Butlins Shiiine on weekender instead!  More my era like (bit no doubt full of dickheads)

You should be, I went last year and am again this year. Best organised festival ever. No dickheads sighted really, was a special weekend. I was a little apprehensive about the whole Butlins weekender thing, but the organisers made it pretty clear that it wasn't about stags/hens/fancy dress that sort of thing.

Get  a look at the video below for a pretty good flavour of what it was about.