The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

3 hours ago, zico martin said:

I always hope for a bit more of the old school indies stuff to be there but sometimes I wonder whether I should be going to that Butlins Shiiine on weekender instead!  More my era like (bit no doubt full of dickheads)

Yeah, I'm always up for seeing a few bands on those lineups (there's one in Bognor with Suede headlining this year) but there also seems to be a lot of filler IMO. 

Plus, not to be a snob or anything, but it is in fucking Butlins :rofl:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love and thought TV On The Radio would be making an appearance.  Only tour date they have listed at the moment is for BST with Massive Attack the Friday after the festival.  Surely will be playing were great on the Other Stage a few years back when they whipped out Ghostbusters theme song

5 minutes ago, splinterbungee said:

Would love and thought TV On The Radio would be making an appearance.  Only tour date they have listed at the moment is for BST with Massive Attack the Friday after the festival.  Surely will be playing were great on the Other Stage a few years back when they whipped out Ghostbusters theme song

Yeah Tv on the Radio would be one of must sees if added. 

1 hour ago, splinterbungee said:

Tbf Massive Attack on their own would make me extremely happy. 

If a few of these got added then the lineup would go from good to brilliant for me:

Tame Impala (NA Tour ends on the 16th then Poland on the 29th)
DIIV (playing festivals in Greece and Spain the week before)
The Kills (Spain on the 16th then nothing until Luxembourg on the 29th)
TV on the Radio (Only tour date is BST 1st July)
Big Deal (In Bristol on the 19th then nothing til late July)
Beach House (probably highly unlikely now but they don't have any other dates that weekend so still clutching)

Shame, I've got a lot of time for Steve Mason.One of my most memorable Glastonbury moments was stumbling upon his secret after hours Crows Nest set on the Sunday of 2013. Saw out my first Glastonbury in a small room crammed full of people singing along to Dry The Rain.

8 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Beach House are the main one for me - release two of my favourite albums from last year. 

I'm assuming they'd be up the top of the Park tho, and the headline slots are already looking pretty clash-tastic. Sunday would suit me, if the gods are reading... 

Yeah feel like they would have been on the first poster if they were there, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Beach House are the main one for me - release two of my favourite albums from last year. 

I'm assuming they'd be up the top of the Park tho, and the headline slots are already looking pretty clash-tastic. Sunday would suit me, if the gods are reading... 

I just find Beach House so hard to place. I had them as subbing the Park, possibly headlining, but I'm starting to think they could easily play 3rd or 4th down and not seem out of place. I'm probably either completely wrong or clutching straws a little too much or both :P. I'll be absolutely ecstatic if they are announced though :thumbsu:.

9 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I would like to see added

• The Coral
  • The Kills
  • The Joy Formidable
  • Iggy Pop
  • Nothing but thieves 
  • Eagles of Death Metal

Also, shame Sia is an exclusive for V as she was great at Coachella

love The Joy Formidable saw one of there first gigs and feeling in love with Ritzy lol

no PEARL JAM again for me this year ...strting to think itll never happen

no modest mouse ...gutted

DREADZONE are pending sent Greg another message to night

LEVELLERS WHERES THE LEVS

id like to have seen Heather Nova

ohh and the STONE ROSES where the fuck are they ???

and i would have loved to have had the LIBS play again as they were my highlight of last year

any lots mor bands to come so you can never count any one out yet apart from PEARL JAM lol

2 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Tame Impala

TVOTR

Feeder (for old times sakes)

Gary Clark Jr

The Coral

The Kills

The Avalanches

Everything Everything

Everything Everything are playing in the Netherlands on the Friday so I think that makes them unlikely 

Just now, WallaceHigh said:

Anyone have any idea on the chances of Biffy Clyro playing?  My wife is desperate to see them and interestingly they're playing Belfast (where we're coming from) on the Saturday of Glasto.

pretty much zero unless they show up as a secret act (again) - headlining Reading/Leeds as an exclusive