Weather 2016

Keithy

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

On Sunday the 19th at around 2pm the BBC website will be updated with the Weather for the week ahead. This goes further than the Countryfile forecast, which only goes to the following Friday, and will cover the whole festival.

It will be the first indication of any doubts or certainties they have. This forecast does actually come out every day at around 9pm but is earlier on Sunday's so if you want a bumpy ride follow this thread and that forecast from here on in :)

In that case I'll be tuning in on the 19th ;)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Bad news: Latest GFS run has likelihood of rain from tomorrow for a week and a half on and off.

Good news: High pressure arrives on a majestic stallion on the Thursday of the festival.

It'll be too late by then. Place will be a muddy mess. 

And the low pressure meeting with the high pressure is really really bad news.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I quite like it :ph34r:

Fair does I just hate them both.

1) We do not have blue on our flag - why does the home shirt have blue sleeves?

2) We do not have maroon on our flag - see above?

3) Whatever happened to Red shirt, white shorts, red socks for away kit. Classic away colours for England. I have always preferred the away colours mind.

Just now, mungo57 said:

Fair does I just hate them both.

1) We do not have blue on our flag - why does the home shirt have blue sleeves?

2) We do not have maroon on our flag - see above?

3) Whatever happened to Red shirt, white shorts, red socks for away kit. Classic away colours for England. I have always preferred the away colours mind.

Oh I completely agree with your points. I just like the shirt style if you take it in isolation. If it were up to me though every nation would have basic kits that represent the colours of the flag! I guess it'd be hard to sell those year after year though...

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

its utterly pointless to even speculate this far ahead, even meteorologists will admit that long range forecasting is basically akin to psychic readings at this point, all the forecast models in the world cant predict random changes to weather patterns over time. I was always told however you get the most accurate forecasts from sites that cater to the farming community because obviously they take pains with accuracy as farmers have a lot riding on an accurate forecast to make decisions about crops etc Need to track down a British version of a site like this really. http://www.almanac.com/weather

I live about a 20 minute drive from the festival and the weather has been great lately, very little rain in the last week.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Oh I completely agree with your points. I just like the shirt style if you take it in isolation. If it were up to me though every nation would have basic kits that represent the colours of the flag! I guess it'd be hard to sell those year after year though...

hit the nail on the head there Mr Parx!

You lot need to chill out.

I don't normally read the weather thread as I can't take the stress but this year I didn't get a ticket so I've been keeping up to date.  

The weather will be unsettled for the next week and a half with showers. From Tuesday 21st the weather will be mainly sun and 20 to 22 degrees.  You will receive the occasional small shower over the weekend but this will only damp down the dust and will not cause mud.  In short perfect Glastonbury weather.  There is you nailed on weather forecast, now stop worrying and get to Lidl to stock up on your booze and start making your skittle vodka.

Enjoy and peace out bread bin.

9 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

I don't normally read the weather thread as I can't take the stress but this year I didn't get a ticket so I've been keeping up to date.  

The weather will be unsettled for the next week and a half with showers. From Tuesday 21st the weather will be mainly sun and 20 to 22 degrees.  You will receive the occasional small shower over the weekend but this will only damp down the dust and will not cause mud.  In short perfect Glastonbury weather.  There is you nailed on weather forecast, now stop worrying and get to Lidl to stock up on your booze and start making your skittle vodka.

Don't you be coming here with your sensible comments you heathen

40 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

I like this guy +1

Predictions seem to be improving with every run at the moment.  Reminds me that around this time last year there were a few dodgy runs that made things look a bit more perilous than they ever were.  This year we've got a stronger risk of wet weather but I honestly don't think we have much to worry about at all.  It's been 5 years since we had anything like a wet festival and nearly a decade since we had a proper stinker.  The drier than average spring means that even if we have as much rain between now and the festival as we did in 2011 it wouldn't be anywhere near those conditions.

Bit gutting about Jackone not being able to do his predictions this year. I know it's getting close when I wait for his latest updates. Whatever the reason, I hope the guy is OK. Thanks for ally your hard work Jack.

In honour I'll reminisce about the 2010 forecast, as the days got closer, doubt was gradually removed on the chances of rain, and the  glorious weather that we were to have slowly became apparent. I remember each evening waiting for the update and getting more pleased each night as the weather gods smiled upon us. They sent a messenger in the form of an angel named Jack to spread their word to us mortal beings  

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

Fair enough if you're coming by coach and therefore have to pack light, otherwise I just decide now to check the wellies in the car and have done with it ;)

Unfortunately I'm coaching it from Brighton this year despite living in Liverpool  so packing light is as important as ever. I'm just hoping for a completely dry forecast on the Tuesday with high confidence so wellies won't be necessary, however I am expecting to need them!

9 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Unfortunately I'm coaching it from Brighton this year despite living in Liverpool  so packing light is as important as ever. I'm just hoping for a completely dry forecast on the Tuesday with high confidence so wellies won't be necessary, however I am expecting to need them!

I've certainly coached before without them, but am lucky enough that I could cough the small premium on site if I needed any desperately (not trying to show off btw ;) )

Edited by clarkete

7 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Need is a strong word. Wellies have been needed twice in the last 18 years, and one of those occasions was for less than a day. Walking boots without waders are fine most of the time.

The standard way of the Weather Thread.

Weather Thread newbies come on and tell everyone "this weather predicting is bollocks, you need to chill" and then the following year they're in here screaming "AZORES FINGER!"

You can't deny the way of the Weather Thread.

2 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Got a couple of friends down in Cornwall just outside Plymouth and from what they say it hasn't rained for a week or more, been very hot and close.....I know its further down then Glastonbury being as it is in somerset but it shows the sw is the place to be for weather atm

From Plymouth...can confirm it's been dry, hot and sunny for the last couple of weeks. Not a single, solitary raindrop. I hear it's supposed to be wet Sunday though which sort of goes along when this rain should hit Pilton. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

It'll be too late by then. Place will be a muddy mess. 

And the low pressure meeting with the high pressure is really really bad news.

Rubbish.  Last 2 festivals I've been to its rained torrential on the first or 2nd day, turning the place into a mudbath.  But after 2 days of sunshine the ground has been fit for trainers again by the Sunday.

35 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

The standard way of the Weather Thread.

Weather Thread newbies come on and tell everyone "this weather predicting is bollocks, you need to chill" and then the following year they're in here screaming "AZORES FINGER!"

You can't deny the way of the Weather Thread.

That almost indicates there is a pattern!

#AHTWT

Beautiful day in Berkshire today, it makes me worried when it's like that a couple of weeks before the festival, as if we are using up our nice weather and we only have X amount of nice days per year to go around.

I'd be more than happy of it pissed down for the next week and a half, it would make me feel better, the ground wouldn't be that bad as us general punters wouldn't be stomping all over it, it might get a bit churned up by the workers but nowhere near as bad as 150 thousand people stomping about.

At this stage I'd take last years weather in a heart beat, I'd love Wednesday and Thursday to be sunny, for me it's more important that those days are Sunny than the weekend, for me it's just much more special when it's sunny when you arrive.