Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, simonizer said:

Closer it gets, the wetter it's looking . sad face.

Say whaaaaaat !

Not from where I'm sitting ......https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=284E6F34A916B79E!2073&authkey=!AKF4C8EVP8y_pVg&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

If you can't be arsed to follow the link it says, Pilton (Shepton Mallet) which I'm lead to believe is where they hold this ere festival.

Tuesday      21/06  9h of sun, Min 11 Max 18

Wednesday 22/06 10h of sun, Min 11 Max 18

Thursday    23/06  10h of sun, Min 11 Max 18

Friday         24/06  10h of sun, Min 11 Max 18

...... doesn't look too shabby from where I'm sitting, if anything long range forecast improving every day.

6 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

In theory it's possible but that'd require a level of discipline that I just don't have!

I'm disciplined about packing lists, getting provisions and avoiding the weather thread until the previous week - apologies to lovers of the thread. 

The times we've had truly awful weather it just makes you miserable for extra weeks in advance :) 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm disciplined about packing lists, getting provisions and avoiding the weather thread until the previous week - apologies to lovers of the thread. 

The times we've had truly awful weather it just makes you miserable for extra weeks in advance :) 

This is a first for me, haven't been here for any of me other festivals... Eh good weather will be nice but I'll still have a great time of the weather's crap anyway.

This rain that's being banded about for next week is pretty much whats been being said for the last weekish isnt it?, the general (albeit rough) consensus was on off rain in the run up with it brightening up from the 21st onward.

Well that's what i'm going with anyway

2 hours ago, devonhammer said:

This chart would bring some rain. Not loads, but enough. If the Azores high pressure pushes NE a bit and the low recedes to Greenland then it could be perfect. If it goes the other way it could be a wash out.

Latest run has gone the other way :-(

Netweather GFS Image

It's just way waaaay too early to say. Squeaky bum time from maybe 18th/19th, but prior to that you'd be as well reading the bottom on yer tea cup for an answer.

I mind living the dream in 2010, checking obsessively until maybe the Monday beforehand when it became clear that it was going to be el - scorchio. Every forecast got better and better until I eventually become so cock sure of myself that I stopped checking. Those were the days.