New Quechua "Fresh & Black" Tents

FrankieX

I’m really torn reading this I have a 3man xl pop up which I love and think is a perfect size for 2 but it’s not the fresh and black version. I only bought it in 2017 and it’s in perfect condition so seems like such a waste to upgrade but the coolness especially does sound great after last time out especially when I expect 4-5am is probably my normal get back to the tent time 

12 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I’m really torn reading this I have a 3man xl pop up which I love and think is a perfect size for 2 but it’s not the fresh and black version. I only bought it in 2017 and it’s in perfect condition so seems like such a waste to upgrade but the coolness especially does sound great after last time out especially when I expect 4-5am is probably my normal get back to the tent time 

You could always sell it on ebay / facebook so that its re-used 🙂 

Great thread!

I have a 4 man F&B tent (absolutely love it) but I feel it is too big, heavy and clunky to take this year, for two reasons;

1) Arriving on Thursday lunchtime (childcare reasons...urgh) and feel it will hamper our group due to the lack of space at this time. 

2) We are coming by Bus so will have limited carrying capacity.

My decision is therefore to buy the 3 man pop up (for 2 of us) or this slightly bigger 3-man tent with porch below:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-331796?mc=8641758&c=BROWN_BEIGE

Think I'll get the one in the link as it is cheaper, slightly bigger bedroom, has a porch and only marginally heavier than the pop up (yet still 4.5kgs lighter than the 4 man that I have). 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

15 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Great thread!

I have a 4 man F&B tent (absolutely love it) but I feel it is too big, heavy and clunky to take this year, for two reasons;

1) Arriving on Thursday lunchtime (childcare reasons...urgh) and feel it will hamper our group due to the lack of space at this time. 

My decision is therefore to buy the 3 man pop up (for 2 of us) or this slightly bigger 3-man tent with porch below:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-poled-tent-mh100xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-331796?mc=8641758&c=BROWN_BEIGE

Think I'll get the one in the link as it is cheaper, slightly bigger bedroom, has a porch and only marginally heavier than the pop up (yet still 4.5kgs lighter than the 4 man that I have). 

Looks decent. Similar to my old one, and that was a faithful friend come festy time

25 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Great thread!

The 3 man xl pop up has a porch and I think that’s an essential if there is any rain, although they don’t seem to be selling that at the moment 

5 minutes ago, Barneym said:

The 3 man xl pop up has a porch and I think that’s an essential if there is any rain, although they don’t seem to be selling that at the moment 

Yeah I couldn't see it either.. Bit the bullet on this MH100XL, not pop up but good price and the porch is essential imho.

36 minutes ago, Barneym said:

This one?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/3-person-blackout-pop-up-tent-2-seconds-xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-172537?mc=8492484&c=WHITE

It's listed as the first item on the F&B page for me..

Edited by incident

54 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep so weird it didn’t come up when I looked on the link earlier, think it may have been filtered to Festival Tents and maybe that’s what excluded it.

anyway I love the regular version of this and it’s perfect for 2 with an air bed 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:07 PM, dondo said:

As @balti-pie said it's a few years old so think discontinued now unfortunately.  As posted you might be able to get one off ebay, FB marketplace etc.

It was this one for reference 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QUECHUA-SECONDS-FRESH-FAMILY-CAMPING/dp/B07G48G4B4

I have the same one.  Absolutely love this tent. Was a godsend in 2019, stayed pretty cool and even managed to sleep in till about 10am.

6 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone have any recommendations for sleeping mats/pads?

I ideally would like a blow up mattress however I do not have the capacity to carry this on the bus. 

Dont have a recomendation for mattress, but highly reconmend this pump https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLEXTAILGEAR-Electric-Rechargeable-Portable-Inflatables/dp/B0932MTQKM/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B0932MTQKM&psc=1 if you do happen to go for something bigger. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

ideally would like a blow up mattress however I do not have the capacity to carry this on the bus. 

I’m taking the coach and will be carrying tent, double airbed and a couple of crates.

It’s possible if you pack smart. Although I will admit I did recently upgrade my bag to a 85L one to make it easier but I have done this load by coach before. 

All the heavy stuff you’ll want on your back. My airbed and beer goes in the rucksack and I strap the tent to the bottom. There’s room to stuff clothes in around the bed and beer. Any clothes you need but can’t fit in the main bag can fit in a smaller day bag you can carry by hand. I’ve carried my airbed in my hands before and by the time I’ve got to where I’m camping my arms felt about 4 inches longer. 

Ideally you will want the minimum amount of weight in bags you’re carrying in your hands. They’re the ones that sap the energy. 

Unless you’re planning on multiple outfit changes per day or bringing all of your alcohol with you it’s definitely possible to camp in comfort and travel by coach. 

On 4/18/2022 at 10:33 PM, manc said:

Oddly enough I bought the standard (not air pump) version of the 4 man Fresh & Black yesterday after randomly finding it for £30 less (inc. delivery) at Next rather than Decathlon themselves.

Bargain at £167 (plus £4 delivery) tbh

https://www4.next.co.uk/style/st729779/768466#768466

This seemed like great value so have just gone and bought it. I look forward to the next two months of feeling smug in this thread with the rest of you. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone have any recommendations for sleeping mats/pads?

I ideally would like a blow up mattress however I do not have the capacity to carry this on the bus. 

I have one of the Vango comfort ones. Can't remember if it's the 7.5 or the 10 but whilst pricy is very good 

What's everyone's views with these F&B tents, with regards to pop up vs normal?

I am unbelievable shit at constructing normal tents, no matter how simple. I'm getting a lift in a campervan this year, but will be camping outside the van when we get there. Thinking I may opt for one of these pop up one's.

Are there any downside to the pop up one's, besides the size when packed up? (that wouldn't really be an issue for me this time). 

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

What's everyone's views with these F&B tents, with regards to pop up vs normal?

I am unbelievable shit at constructing normal tents, no matter how simple. I'm getting a lift in a campervan this year, but will be camping outside the van when we get there. Thinking I may opt for one of these pop up one's.

Are there any downside to the pop up one's, besides the size when packed up? (that wouldn't really be an issue for me this time). 

There's a definite knack to putting them away, apart from the smaller, new ones, which look like a piece of piss.

It's the unwieldy shape and not wanting fold through 6 spacial dimensions when rushing for a coach, that made me opt for a normal tent this time.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's the unwieldy shape and not wanting fold through 6 spacial dimensions when rushing for a coach, that made me opt for a normal tent this time.

The knack to it is folding them in such a way that you open the “n”th dimension which opens a time portal so you never have to worry about missing a coach. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I am unbelievable shit at constructing normal tents, no matter how simple. I'm getting a lift in a campervan this year, but will be camping outside the van when we get there. Thinking I may opt for one of these pop up one'

Putting up a pop up tent is easy on the Wednesday. Taking it down after five days heavy drinking even if you've practiced is the hard part. 

What was the last poled tent you put up? Most of the new 2 man ones are literally 2 poles and come with the inner lining already attached. You can't really go wrong. 

I've seen one person putting up a huge air pole 8 man tent, there's a knack to them but once you know it it seems quite simple.

The inflatable F&B tent I have is so easy to put up. You just peg the four corners and pump the two bars up. All up and running in 10 minutes. Can even put it up with the wife without it breaking into a divorce level row. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bennykill said:

The inflatable F&B tent I have is so easy to put up. You just peg the four corners and pump the two bars up. All up and running in 10 minutes. Can even put it up with the wife without it breaking into a divorce level row. 

Decathlon should stick that on their website.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I've just got one of these. Hopefully back in stock soon:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/inflatable-camping-mattress-ultim-comfort-70-cm-1-person/_/R-p-307396?mc=8595946&c=BEIGE

It's very, very good. 

Edited by David_303