Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

26 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Catfish would definitely headline JP, I reckon. I think both them and Bloc Party will do so, but if the organisers expected Bloc Party's comeback to go as abysmally as it has done then perhaps they'll find themselves in a lower slot. I doubt it, though.

I don't really know much about Catfish. I seen they sold out Castlefield though while Bloc Party were playing Albert Hall. I just assumed Catfish must be pretty big from that.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, eastynh said:

I don't really know much about Catfish. I seen they sold out Castlefield though while Bloc Party were playing Albert Hall. I just assumed Catfish must be pretty big from that.

Yeah they are pretty big at the moment and certainly sell more tickets than Bloc Party. I just saw Bloc Party at Newcastle Academy on the NME Awards Tour and they nowhere near sold it out. There were less people there than there were when I saw Editors at the same venue last year.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Yeah they are getting there. The two bands would be headlining John Peel on different trajectories. In fact, Catfish might be a little too big whereas Bloc Party would do well to get that slot.

Couple of acts who I don't know well enough to know where to place but here you go... Would have had The 1975 subbing Other if it wasn't for what Neil's said about an R&L NME headliner being 3rd down Other (and he has said he believes they're headlining the NME as much I think it will probably be wrong). Them below CHVRCHES does look odd, though, I concede.

Friday:
Pyramid: Muse / Foals / ZZ Top / Ice Cube
Other: LCD Soundsystem / Bastille /Jess Glynne / Slaves / Battles
West Holts: Sigur Rós / AIR / Action Bronson
John Peel: Bloc Party / Editors / Jack Garratt
Park: M83 / Daughter / Mac DeMarco 

Saturday:
Pyramid: Adele / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / The Last Shadow Puppets / Years and Years / John Grant / The Strypes
Other: New Order / CHVRCHES / The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Crystal Fighters
West Holts: James Blake / Four Tet / Floating Points
John Peel: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Coral / The Mystery Jets
Park: Explosions in the Sky / Mercury Rev / Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Sunday:
Pyramid: Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO
Other: Bring Me The Horizon / PJ Harvey / Kaiser Chiefs / Robyn / Band of Horses / The Joy Formidable 
West Holts: Earth, Wind and Fire / Jungle / Gary Clark Jr.
John Peel: Jamie xx / Grimes / Boy Better Know / Rat Boy
Park: Wilco / Guy Garvey / Savages

5 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

I can see Tame Impala being the sub headliner or third from top on the Pyramid Stage this year easily.

I'm thinking Other sub between PJ Harvey and BMTH.

Tame Impala into LCD Soundsystem would be pretty incredible though

Edited by Acid_Haze

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Couple of acts who I don't know well enough to know where to place but here you go... Would have had The 1975 subbing Other if it wasn't for what Neil's said about an R&L NME headliner being 3rd down Other (and he has said he believes they're headlining the NME as much I think it will probably be wrong). Them below CHVRCHES does look odd, though, I concede.

Friday:
Pyramid: Muse / Foals / ZZ Top / Ice Cube
Other: LCD Soundsystem / Bastille /Jess Glynne / Slaves / Battles
West Holts: Sigur Rós / AIR / Action Bronson
John Peel: Bloc Party / Editors / Jack Garratt
Park: M83 / Daughter / Mac DeMarco 

Saturday:
Pyramid: Adele / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / The Last Shadow Puppets / Years and Years / John Grant / The Strypes
Other: New Order / CHVRCHES / The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Crystal Fighters
West Holts: James Blake / Four Tet / Floating Points
John Peel: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Coral / The Mystery Jets
Park: Explosions in the Sky / Mercury Rev / Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Sunday:
Pyramid: Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO
Other: Bring Me The Horizon / PJ Harvey / Kaiser Chiefs / Robyn / Band of Horses / The Joy Formidable 
West Holts: Earth, Wind and Fire / Jungle / Gary Clark Jr.
John Peel: Jamie xx / Grimes / Boy Better Know / Rat Boy
Park: Wilco / Guy Garvey / Savages

mystery jets into the coral into catfish would be so so good.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I'm not having that either. Was going to say move one of them to Saturday but then they just clash with Explosions in the Sky which isn't much better!

the list of possible stage headliners is seeming quite strong this year and the possible clashes are already terrifying me! can already tell some horrible decisions are gonna have to be made

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

Am i the only one who actually liked the new bloc party album? tbh would be better if they didnt headline cause less likely to clash

It's a good album yeah! A couple of duds on there and defo not as good as their early stuff, but it's not a poor imitation of it. It's just different. But they're pretty irrelevant now compared to what they used to be. I've seen them twice with the new lineup and most of the crowd is just waiting for material off the first two albums. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Still no love for Hurts on here? I think they will be there somewhere.

Hurts has to happen! They were brilliant in Manchester last month. Other stage late afternoon I reckon. 

40 minutes ago, Odessa said:

It's a good album yeah! A couple of duds on there and defo not as good as their early stuff, but it's not a poor imitation of it. It's just different. But they're pretty irrelevant now compared to what they used to be. I've seen them twice with the new lineup and most of the crowd is just waiting for material off the first two albums. 

yeah i figured their gigs wouldn't be getting great reception atm, It just seems bloc party fans don't even give their new stuff a chance which is a shames because intimacy, four and hymns have some really good songs on them

Just now, ace56blaa said:

yeah i figured their gigs wouldn't be getting great reception atm, It just seems bloc party fans don't even give their new stuff a chance which is a shames because intimacy, four and hymns have some really good songs on them

Tbf I think a lot of people listened to The Love Within and thought "fuck that". It is a poor song. But yeah Four especially for me is a great album. Some people just want them to make Silent Alarm over and over again I think.