Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

Maan I'm hiding behind the couch at the sight of these clashes already!

Few things tho; Savages can't do Fri, I feel like Hinds would be about mid-Park, DMA's are fully booked elsewhere andddd I think Oddisee is gonna play one of the stages on Saturday. Maybe WH.

I've been really stoked for Kurt Vile for ages though so if it comes down and Radiohead are up against him, that'll sting.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

On a similar note, does anyone else find it hard to believe that TLSP are going to be 3rd from top on the Pyramid?

I really don't think anyone would give a toss about them if it weren't for yer man from the chilly chimps

I'd say they could slip down a place to fourth but Neil has had word that it's Madness in that slot, and as the rest of the lineup is looking a little jam packed it looks like the only realistic slot for them imo, although we could be totally off

37 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

FRIDAY
PY: 
Muse, Foals, ZZ Top, Two Door Cinema Club, Skepta, Wolf Alice, Ezra Furman, Syrian National Orchestra
OT: Disclosure, Bastille, Catfish & the Bottlemen, The Lumineers, Jack Garratt, Daughter, Blossoms, The Coral, James
WH: Underworld, Rokia Traore, BadBadNotGood, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Bixiga 70
JP: Sigur Ros, Of Monsters & Men, Band of Skulls, Elle King, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Swim Deep, Dua Lipa, Nothing But Thieves, Sundara Karma, YAK
PA: Richard Hawley, Savages, Ronnie Spector, SOAK, Field Music, NAO, Gwenno, Declan McKenna

SATURDAY
PY: 
Adele, Special Guests, The Last Shadow Puppets, Madness, Jess Glynne, John Grant, Roots Manuva
OT: New Order, Chvrches, The 1975, Richard Ashcroft, Travis, Tom Odell, Frightened Rabbit, The Joy Formidable
WH: James Blake, Floating Points, Baaba Maal, Ernest Ranglin, Mbongwana Star, Leon Bridges, Mura Masa
JP: M83, Fatboy Slim, Santigold, MØ, AlunaGeorge, Lapsley, Izzy Bizu, Pretty Vicious, Clean Cut Kid, The Japanese House, High Tyde
PA: Charles Hazelwood & the Paraorchestra, Explosions in the Sky, Kurt Vile, Mercury Rev, Jagwar Ma, Toy, C Duncan, Sunflower Bean, Holly MacVe

SUNDAY
PY: 
Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Beck, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Laura Mvula, Gregory Porter, The Strypes, Burnham & Highbridge Band
OT: LCD Soundsystem, Bring Me the Horizon, PJ Harvey, Years & Years, Band of Horses, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Newton Faulkner
WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Roisin Murphy, Miguel, Kamasi Washington, Quantic, Human Pyramids
JP: Jake Bugg, Grimes, Mystery Jets, Vince Staples, Half Moon Run, Rat Boy, Spring King, DMA's, Tired Lion, She Drew the Gun
PA: Bat for Lashes, Guy Garvey, Mac DeMarco, St Ettiene, Kwabs, Hinds, NZCA Lines

Ok, a few changes to be made.

St. Paul and the Broken Bones are rumoured for Saturday. Savages can't do the Friday & it's looking like Sunday is the best day for them. Beak> have said they're playing around 6 on the Park stage on Sunday which means 4th down. St. Etienne say they're playing around half 7 which mean they're 3rd down. There are also 9 acts from the original poster on West Holts there, when Neil and WH themselves have said there is only 8.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd say they could slip down a place to fourth but Neil has had word that it's Madness in that slot, and as the rest of the lineup is looking a little jam packed it looks like the only realistic slot for them imo, although we could be totally off

5th would seem more realistic than 3rd to me. Maybe I'm underestimating how much people want to come and gawp at that tax dodging little shit :lol:

Could they possibly be JP headliner?

2 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

Anyone else struggling for a Saturday headliner? Looking like it's gonna be Adele atm but none of the potential options are that appealing atm

Yes - I'm on New Order at the minute, which I was orginally very excited about, but seeing some of the stuff on the other days I think I'll have to miss due to clash, it's abit annoying that this is the 'best option'. Won't be watching Adele.

3 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

Anyone else struggling for a Saturday headliner? Looking like it's gonna be Adele atm but none of the potential options are that appealing atm

Im thinking of missing New Order now.

Friday - Sigur Ros

Saturday - Something then heading to Unfairground before 12. Maybe the first hour of New Order.

Sunday - ?

28 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

I'm split between New Order and James Blake at the moment. I'll probably decide on the day as I'd be keen to see both.

I think the subs will come into play. If the Adele sub turns out to be something I don't fancy I'll be at CHVRCHES, if so I'll probably just stay where I am for NO. However if it turns out to be Radiohead, and given that'll probably to the high point of my festival, a more chilled out set at West Holts for James Blake might sway me toward that.

If you've not listened to James Blake yet you should give him a go.

If LCD are on the Sunday then I think I'm gonna enjoy the headliners as much as any festival I've been to. Underworld/New Order/LCD is just perfect for what day they fall on as well. Go mental on Friday, see one of my favourite bands ever on Saturday, then close it with the perfect type of music to say goodbye to the main stages with on the Sunday.

Edited by Alan_C

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

If LCD are on the Sunday then I think I'm gonna enjoy the headliners as much as any festival I've been to. Underworld/New Order/LCD is just perfect for what day they fall on as well. Go mental on Friday, see one of my favourite bands ever on Saturday, then close it with the perfect type of music to say goodbye to the main stages with on the Sunday.

Agree. I think LCD on Friday would be such a shame given how strong Friday is already.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Are you thinking Grimes for headlining JP?

Yeah but only because I'd seen that predicated or is currently on the clash finder. I'd agree Grimes subbing so you can go Grimes > LCD, and I imagine that probably is more likely actually