Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

19 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No you don't. Don't waste an hour listening to someone you don't like. Rock up as she finishes and you'll get to the front no problem.

Fairpoint.  

Anyway, suppose there's no point worrying about till the lineups announced.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Been listening to Grimes quite a bit recently, and can easily see myself marking her on my GF2016 itinerary.

Her live show got a 5 star review in the Grauniad this week.

Where do we see her playing?

Afternoon Other? Quite high up JPT?

Ben

I'll be shocked if she's not on JPT. Kind of regret selling my ticket to her Brixton show so I'll definitely be catching her at Glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I'll be shocked if she's not on JPT. Kind of regret selling my ticket to her Brixton show so I'll definitely be catching her at Glastonbury.

Yeah, she feels like classic JPT, I guess.

She'd be great in a venue like Brixton. Not rubbing it in obviously, Winslow.

:)

Ben

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Been listening to Grimes quite a bit recently, and can easily see myself marking her on my GF2016 itinerary.

Her live show got a 5 star review in the Grauniad this week.

Where do we see her playing?

Afternoon Other? Quite high up JPT?

Ben

Top 2 JP or Park for definite imo. Most likely JP. She's definitely Sunday as well (I believe) so a Coldplay alternative.

Edited by Will-2609

Friday

Pyramid: Muse, Foals, The Weeknd, ZZ Top, Laura Marling, John Grant, Syrian Orchestra w/ Damon Albarn

Other: LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, Wild Beasts, Jess Glynne, Band Of Horses, Mo, Blossoms, Feeder, Special Guests (Maximo Park)

JP: Richard Ashcroft, Robyn, Miguel, Action Bronson, Turin Breaks, Rat Boy, Lady Leshurr

Park: Explosions In The Sky, Battles, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Floating Points, Grandaddy, Swim Deep

WH: James Blake, Flume, Blood Orange, Mbongwana Star, Kula Shaker, Mura Masa, Nao

Saturday

Pyramid: Adele, Beck, Last Shadow Puppets, Ice Cube, Craig David's TS5, Oh Wonder, Ezra Furman

Other: New Order, The 1975, Chvrches, Years and Years, Crystal Fighters, Frightened Rabbit

JP: Bloc Party, Kodaline, Savages, Skepta, Stormzy, Kano

Park: Beach House, Deerhunter, Daughter, Joanna Newsom, Benjamin Clementine, St Paul And The Broken Bones

WH: Earth Wind And Fire, Grimes, Pusha T, Jagwar Ma, Roots Manuva

Sunday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Emmy The Great, The Feeling, The Strypes,Vintage Trouble 

Other: Bring Me The Horizon, PJ Harvey, Of Monsters And Men, Wolf Alice, Jose Gonzalez, Polica, The Joy Formidable, Michael Kiwanuka

JP: C&TB, Miike Snow, The Coral, Jack Garratt, Mystery Jets, Ladyhawke

Park: M83, Guy Garvey, Ty Segall & The Muggers, St Germain, Kurt Vile & The Violaters, Cate Le Bon, Lapsley, Declan Mckenna

WH: Underworld, Jamie XX, Four Tet, Vince Staples, Anderson .Paak

Edited by jed300

20 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Friday

Park: Explosions In The Sky, Battles, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Floating Points, Grandaddy, Swim Deep

Saturday

Park: Beach House, Deerhunter, Daughter, Joanna Newsom, Benjamin Clementine, St Paul And The Broken Bones

Sunday

Park: M83, Guy Garvey, Ty Segall & The Muggers, St Germain, Kurt Vike & The Violators, Cate Le Bon, Lapsley, Declan Mckenna

This is all I need

Just now, Alan_C said:

Don't forget this reply I got from James Twitter. Get them amongst your stage predictions!

I am coming round to the idea that they will be there. New album out tomorrow and hardly announced for any festivals. Granted they still have tickets to shift but I remain hopeful.

If we got New Order, Hurts, James and St Ettienne then I would be ecstatic. I am also looking forward to LCD in the hope they are going to bowl me over.

*If I get a ticket*

I would be absolutely delighted with New Order, Underworld, Foals, James, Last Shadow Puppets, Faithless and possibly LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala and Richard Ashcroft for a start. 

13 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

*If I get a ticket*

I would be absolutely delighted with New Order, Underworld, Foals, James, Last Shadow Puppets, Faithless and possibly LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala and Richard Ashcroft for a start. 

When you get a ticket 

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

When you get a ticket 

I'm quite confident as well, but don't want to build myself up too much! There are more names creeping up on the rumours page now which is making the thought of missing it even worse. 

So, based on last nights news;

Friday

Pyramid - Muse, Foals

Other - LCD Soundsystem, Bastille

Saturday

Pyramid - Adele, TBC

Other - New Order, Chvrches

Sunday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Ellie Goulding

Other - BMTH, PJ Harvey

Aside from our elusive Saturday night sub are we thinking the rest are pretty much nailed on? Would this tally with your info @eFestivals?

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Friday

Pyramid - Muse, Foals

Saturday

Pyramid - Adele, TBC

Sunday

Other - BMTH, PJ Harvey

Aside from our elusive Saturday night sub are we thinking the rest are pretty much nailed on? Would this tally with your info @eFestivals?

Exactly what I posted this morning in the Adele thread (barring Faithless as sub for Adele). 

The only one I'm not sure about is PJ Harvey, I may be wrong but thinking about it, I'm not sure if Neil hinted at 3rd rather than subbing it.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Bastille being Friday Other sub a thing? I thought that was just when they were meant to be subbing Disclosure, which we know now is bunk.

Sure there was something that they are defo playing, and sub other seems the obvious choice I guess. 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Exactly what I posted this morning in the Adele thread (barring Faithless as sub for Adele). 

The only one I'm not sure about is PJ Harvey, I may be wrong but thinking about it, I'm not sure if Neil hinted at 3rd rather than subbing it.

I understand the thinking behind Faithless (especially as Neil said he expects it to be an upbeat act on before Adele), but I'm just not convinced they're popular enough to sub anymore. Might be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Bastille being Friday Other sub a thing? I thought that was just when they were meant to be subbing Disclosure, which we know now is bunk.

Hopefully not but I thought there was maybe a second source on the subbing part of it? I'd much rather they were 3rd down.

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Friday

Pyramid - Muse, Foals

Saturday

Pyramid - Adele, TBC

Sunday

Other - BMTH, PJ Harvey

Along with this we have ZZ Top 4th (?) down on Friday(?) and ELO 4th down on Sunday. 

Tame Impala 3rd down on one of the stage? Is that a thing yet? 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

I think that changed when the Eden Sessions set came mate, I don't know anyone to play that and be lower than 3rd Pyramid? I believe it's Faithless.....I think it will have the festival appeal for Glasto much more than Macklemore will to fit that position and billing.

Are we sure about Chvrches playing 2nd down or is that just the assumption as they are placed there?....they are bigger than B&S and Courteeners mind.....aside from Manchester anyway.

There is a Y&Ys slot 3rd Other Friday or Saturday if I ever saw one....pray for Friday as they day is going to look shit anyway.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Sure there was something that they are defo playing, and sub other seems the obvious choice I guess. 

I would defo go see these over the alternative atm.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think that changed when the Eden Sessions set came mate, I don't know anyone to play that and be lower than 3rd Pyramid? I believe it's Faithless.....I think it will have the festival appeal for Glasto much more than Macklemore will to fit that position and billing.

Are we sure about Chvrches playing 2nd down or is that just the assumption as they are placed there?....they are bigger than B&S and Courteeners mind.....aside from Manchester anyway.

There is a Y&Ys slot 3rd Other Friday or Saturday if I ever saw one....pray for Friday as they day is going to look shit anyway.

I would defo go see these over the alternative atm.

Think Neil said he believes Chvrches are subbing it.

Years and Years and The 1975 taking 3rd spots on the Other too I reckon

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Think Neil said he believes Chvrches are subbing it.

Years and Years and The 1975 taking 3rd spots on the Other too I reckon

The 1975 aren't taking a 3rd spot on Other, that would put them 4th on Pyramid. They are hugely bigger than Courteeners and B&S playing 3rd down last year. T is getting done a bit having them as 2nd stage headers compared to Reading.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The 1975 aren't taking a 3rd spot on Other, that would put them 4th on Pyramid. They are hugely bigger than Courteeners and B&S playing 3rd down last year. T is getting done a bit having them as 2nd stage headers compared to Reading.

Neil mentioned something about a 2nd Stage header at R&L being a 3rd on other (or something similar). I presumed it was related to The 1975. 

If they aren't 3rd where do they play? Drop PJ Harvey down 1 and The 1975 sub?