Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

my favourite bit was Deftones > Ocean Colour Scene > Bring Me The Horizon

Some of my highlights include Kool and the Gang playing fourth down west holts. the absoloutely sky rocketing price of that friday pyramid.Beach House below tv on the radio, and the hazardous secret sets

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Some of my highlights include Kool and the Gang playing fourth down west holts. the absoloutely sky rocketing price of that friday pyramid.Beach House below tv on the radio, and the hazardous secret sets

you don't think Kool and the gang would play there? where would you place them? 

I don't think the Friday would be to expensive, Royal blood wont be too expensive, in fact Will smith would probably be the most expensive. Yes more so than muse because he's a huge name.

although a great area, i'm not knowledgeable on the bands that seem to play the park other than the headliners or a couple of placings below. I just took a few names from other predictions on here. That's right it's a prediction, don't bite my hand off. Every single one could be wrong, minus the already confirmed. It's just a little fun.

There will be secret sets, there are every year. I wouldn't say they are hazardous, apart from radiohead on the park stage, but it's been done before.

12 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

I don't think the Friday would be to expensive, Royal blood wont be too expensive, in fact Will smith would probably be the most expensive. Yes more so than muse because he's a huge name.

although a great area, i'm not knowledgeable on the bands that seem to play the park other than the headliners or a couple of placings below. I just took a few names from other predictions on here. That's right it's a prediction, don't bite my hand off. Every single one could be wrong, minus the already confirmed. It's just a little fun.

There will be secret sets, there are every year. I wouldn't say they are hazardous, apart from radiohead on the park stage, but it's been done before.

Kool & the Gang headlined the West Holts 2011 didn't they? Don't see why they wouldn't headline again if they were to return.

Edited by theDandy

57 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

my picks, something for everyone i guess, maybe a bit to much hip hop.

Friday:

Pyramid: Muse, Foals, Royal Blood, Snoop Dogg, ZZ top, Will Smith, Jack Garratt

Other: LCD Soundsystem, Disclosure, Beck, The Last Shadow Puppets, Chvrches, shaggy, Foo figthers (special Guest)

West Holts: Chic, Damien Marley, Fat freddys drop, A Tribe Called Quest, JUNGLE, Flume, The Skints

John Peel: Editors, James Blake, Bloc Party, A$AP ROCKY, Daughter, Glassjaw, slutface,

Park: M83, Grimes, Animal collective, battles, Twin Peaks, Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Saturday:

Pyramid: Adele, Ellie Goulding, The xx, PJ Harvey, Jess Glynee, guy Garvey, The Strypes

Other: New Order, The 1975, Tame Impala, Of Monsters and Men, TOTO, Dinosaur JR, Skepta, 

West Holts: Ice Cube, Cyrpess Hill, Benjamin Clementine, Floating Points, Pusha T, So solid Crew

John Peel: Bring me the horizon, Ocean Colour Scene, Deftones, Kodaline, Jake bugg (secret set), Hudson Mohawke, myrkur

Park: Explosions in the sky, Deerhunter, Beirut, TV on the Radio, Beach House

Sunday:

Pyramid: Coldplay, Faithless, Dizzee Rascal, ELO, father john misty, David Bowie tribute

Other: David Geutta, Years and years, Clean Bandit, Wolf alice, Slaves, RANCID,

West Holts: Earth, wind and fire, Justice, roots manuva, Kool and the gang, Four tet, 

John Peel: Underworld, HAIM, sleafod mods, Jamie XX (secret set), Boy better know, Stormzy, SOAK, 

Park: Wilco, John Grant, crystal castles, Mac de Marco, Kula Shaker, Radiohead (secret set),

(Secret set) 

I'm afraid this is going to be miles and miles and miles and miles away from what happens 

24 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

don't get me wrong this line up is incredible, but the sheer amount of giants bands playing too low slots. Like zz top fifth, will smith 6th (same place as hozier, james bay and the waterboys last year) aswell as chvrches so low down. But hey if any of my isssues pan out, i'll buy you a drink or something

3 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

Let's throw a spanner in the works. Lana del Rey is headlining Electric Picnic alongside LCD - could she be a West Holts headliner or quite high up on the Other?

she was being touted for a West Holts headliner in 2014 due to their cryptic clues, but that would've been pretty weird. played high up on the Pyramid in 2014 though so i doubt she'll be rebooked so soon

Just now, FloorFiller said:

she was being touted for a West Holts headliner in 2014 due to their cryptic clues, but that would've been pretty weird. played high up on the Pyramid in 2014 though so i doubt she'll be rebooked so soon

I think it was a 3pm slot she played on the Pyramid if memory serves me well. And it's been 2 years, in which time she's toured her 2nd album and released a 3rd (very similar to Ellie Goulding), so wouldn't be too surprising to see her there again this year. Just wouldn't really know where to place her...

7 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

I think it was a 3pm slot she played on the Pyramid if memory serves me well. And it's been 2 years, in which time she's toured her 2nd album and released a 3rd (very similar to Ellie Goulding), so wouldn't be too surprising to see her there again this year. Just wouldn't really know where to place her...

yeah that's just it - she played fourth on the Pyramid last time and has only gotten bigger, so it's just a case of there not really being an appropriate slot for her. where do you go after playing so high up on the main stage? i don't think she'll be rebooked personally

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be booked. I think she could play 3rd down on the Other stage, or so.

Glastonbury doesn't seem to make a habit of booking big American acts like her on every album tour. makes it more special when they do actually play rather than 'oh Lana Del Rey's booked again'. she may play and third or subbing Other would probably be the best place for her, but i doubt it'll happen

Just now, theDandy said:

Could Lana Del Rey headline the JP? A bit too bag for that?

too big i reckon

11 minutes ago, Mesuri said:

What day are we looking at Earth, Wind and Fire most likely playing? Does anybody have a clue? I know most people are saying Sunday but I'm wondering if there is a reason for that.

they're playing in Paris on the Friday then Dublin on the Tuesday, so could play the Saturday but the Sunday probably a bit more realistic

Friday 
P: Muse - Foals - ZZ Top - Ice Cube 
O: LCD Soundsystem - 1975
WH: Santana
Park: The Coral, Beach House
JP: Robyn

Saturday
P: Adele -  Beck - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Gladys Knight
O: New Order - Cvrches, Years and Years
WH: Sigur Ros, Floating Points
Park: M83, Guy Garvey
JP: The Last Shadow Puppets

Sunday
P: Coldplay - Ellie Golding - ELO - Barry Gibb
O: BMTH - PJ Harvey
WH: Earth Wind and Fire
Park: Explosions in the Sky, John Grant
JP: Bloc Party - Catfish and Bottlemen

I really think TLSP are a tough one to call, I can imagine they'd be up for headlining JP, but as others have said if it's a full orchestra effort they're more likely to be third down on the Pyramid. JP headliners on Sunday would be ideal if unlikely

Edit: also would be grim to have LCD, Coral, Robyn on Friday, New Order, Sigur Ros, TLSP on Saturday then fuck all I'd be keen on on Sunday 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

Yeah defo Pyramid for TLSP I reckon. Slight chance of subbing the Other but I don't see it.

Friday: Muse / Foals / ZZ Top / Ice Cube

Saturday: Adele / Macklemore and Ryan Lewis / The Last Shadow Puppets / Years and Years

Sunday: Coldplay / Ellie Goulding / Tame Impala / Jeff Lynne's ELO

I could see any of The Weeknd, Beck or Iggy Pop slotting in 3rd down somewhere, though. If that were to happen I'd move ZZ Top and Ice Cube down one to accommodate them, and perhaps rearrange the days to make it flow better (ie. I'd probably leave Beck/Iggy Pop on Friday, but I'd put The Weeknd Saturday and move TLSP across).

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Would Catfish sub Bloc Party? I thought it would be the other way round.

Catfish would definitely headline JP, I reckon. I think both them and Bloc Party will do so, but if the organisers expected Bloc Party's comeback to go as abysmally as it has done then perhaps they'll find themselves in a lower slot. I doubt it, though.