Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they're all either on tour or have been reasonably recently.

Admittedly I think I was a tad optimistic with my predictions... but perhaps it would make sense to have some more popular bands and acts playing slightly earlier on.  If I were Beck and was offered 5th or 6th down the Pyramid, with guaranteed BBC coverage and not much in the way of competition on the other stages, then I'd probably take it.  But alas I am not Beck.

1 hour ago, carpdreamer said:

Well they're all either on tour or have been reasonably recently.

Admittedly I think I was a tad optimistic with my predictions... but perhaps it would make sense to have some more popular bands and acts playing slightly earlier on.  If I were Beck and was offered 5th or 6th down the Pyramid, with guaranteed BBC coverage and not much in the way of competition on the other stages, then I'd probably take it.  But alas I am not Beck.

I wasn't trying to call you out at all. It just looked a little like someone went down my dads summer BBQ playlist and filled in gaps. 

He controls the music at any party and there are never any complaints from anyone of any age. I'd love to see some of them at the festival!  The cider will be sure to flow

Short prediction 

Friday 

Pyramid - Muse, Foals, Bastille

Other - LCD Sound System, Beck, Chvrches

JP - Bloc Party

WH - Ice Cube

Park -  Explosions in the Sky

Saturday

Pyramid - Adele, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Jess Glynne

Other - New Order, The 1975, Years and Years

JP - Dizzee Rascal

WH - James Blake

Park - The Coral

Sunday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Iggy Pop

Other - BMTH, Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey

JP - HAIM

WH - EW&F

Park - M83

Probably way off with positions. Hated putting Ellie Goulding as a sub!!

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Short prediction 

Friday 

Pyramid - Muse, Foals, Bastille

Other - LCD Sound System, Beck, Chvrches

JP - Bloc Party

WH - Ice Cube

Park -  Explosions in the Sky

Saturday

Pyramid - Adele, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Jess Glynne

Other - New Order, The 1975, Years and Years

JP - Dizzee Rascal

WH - James Blake

Park - The Coral

Sunday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Iggy Pop

Other - BMTH, Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey

JP - HAIM

WH - EW&F

Park - M83

Probably way off with positions. Hated putting Ellie Goulding as a sub!!

A dance act to sub Adele?, I doubt it....or Iggy Poo 3rd down, he'a not relevant at all anymore. Wack The Coral on another day and don't clash Jess Glynne and Y&Ys and it's cool.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A dance act to sub Adele?, I doubt it....or Iggy Poo 3rd down, he'a not relevant at all anymore. Wack The Coral on another day and don't clash Jess Glynne and Y&Ys and it's cool.

Dance act?

Iggy pop not relevant enough to play 3rd down Pyramid?

4b5228f476a13f023e30147a1eb70f4a.jpg

An educated guess

FRI
PY: Muse, Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, ZZ Top, John Grant, Craig David, Gary Clark Jr., Syrian National Orchestra
OT: Disclosure, Bastille, Chvrches, Years & Years, Slaves, Blossoms, Eagles of Death Metal, Feeder, Special Guests (Primal Scream)
JP: Iggy Pop, Deftones, At The Drive-In, The Kills, Stormzy, Skepta, Boy Better Know, Pretty Vicious, Lany
PA: M83, Floating Points, Sun Kill Moon, Benjamin Clementine, Jason Isbell, Sunset Sons, Titus Andronicus, Chelsea Wolfe
WH: Underworld, Blood Orange, Oneohtrix Point Never, Vince Staples, Misty in Roots, Mura Masa

SAT
PY: Adele, Foals, The National, Sia, Jack Garratt, Laura Marling, The Strypes, Vintage Trouble
OT: New Order, Tame Impala, James Bay, Jamie XX, Band of Horses, Daughter, Sleaford Mods, The Wombats
JP: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Editors, Yeasayer, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Lapsley, Beach Slang, Oh Wonder, Yak, Saint Sister
PA: Explosions in the Sky, Savages, Badbadnotgood, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Little Simz, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Declan McKenna, Holly MacVe
WH: Grimes, Robyn, Jagwar Ma, Mbongwana Star, Parov Stelar, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band

SUN
PY: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, The 1975, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Bloc Party, John Newman, Hinds, The King Blues
OT: Bring Me the Horizon, The Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey, Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Beirut, Father John Misty, Mystery Jets
JP: Haim, The Coral, Mac DeMarco, Swim Deep, Glass Animals, Kelela, Jamie Lawson, Turin Brakes, All Tvvins
PA: Guy Garvey, Beach House, Melody's Echo Chamber, Rival Sons, Natalie Prass, Ryley Walker, Seinabo Sey, Dean Blunt
WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Junior Boys, Action Bronson, Hiatus Kaiyote, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Gogo Penguin

I spent lots of time on this

Edited by Acid_Haze

46 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

An educated guess

FRI
PY: Muse, Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, ZZ Top, John Grant, Craig David, Gary Clark Jr., Syrian National Orchestra
OT: Disclosure, Bastille, Chvrches, Years & Years, Slaves, Blossoms, Eagles of Death Metal, Feeder, Special Guests (Primal Scream)
JP: Iggy Pop, Deftones, At The Drive-In, The Kills, Stormzy, Skepta, Boy Better Know, Pretty Vicious, Lany
PA: M83, Floating Points, Sun Kill Moon, Benjamin Clementine, Jason Isbell, Sunset Sons, Titus Andronicus, Chelsea Wolfe
WH: Underworld, Blood Orange, Oneohtrix Point Never, Vince Staples, Misty in Roots, Mura Masa

SAT
PY: Adele, Foals, The National, Sia, Jack Garratt, Laura Marling, The Strypes, Vintage Trouble
OT: New Order, Tame Impala, James Bay, Jamie XX, Band of Horses, Daughter, Sleaford Mods, The Wombats
JP: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Editors, Yeasayer, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Lapsley, Beach Slang, Oh Wonder, Yak, Saint Sister
PA: Explosions in the Sky, Savages, Badbadnotgood, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Little Simz, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Declan McKenna, Holly MacVe
WH: Grimes, Robyn, Jagwar Ma, Mbongwana Star, Parov Stelar, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band

SUN
PY: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, The 1975, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Bloc Party, John Newman, Hinds, The King Blues
OT: Bring Me the Horizon, The Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey, Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Beirut, Father John Misty, Mystery Jets
JP: Haim, The Coral, Mac DeMarco, Swim Deep, Glass Animals, Kelela, Jamie Lawson, Turin Brakes, All Tvvins
PA: Guy Garvey, Beach House, Melody's Echo Chamber, Rival Sons, Natalie Prass, Ryley Walker, Seinabo Sey, Dean Blunt
WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Junior Boys, Action Bronson, Hiatus Kaiyote, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Gogo Penguin

Fair play, loads on there for me. That Deftones, Floating points, Kendrick clash and LCD, SKM, OPN, ATDI clash though!!

Fri: Primal Scream > Feeder > Craig David > John Grant > ZZ Top > LCD/SKM/OPN/ATDI > Kendrick Lamar/Deftones/Floating Points > M83
Sat: The Wombats > Sleaford Mods > Daughter > Parov Stelar > Sia > The National > Tame Impala > Explosions In The Sky/New Order
Sun: The King Blues > Father John Misty > Beirut > Bloc Party > ELO > PJ Harvey/Action Bronson > Beach House > dash to BMTH/Coldplay

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

An educated guess

FRI

SAT

SUN

This seems pretty feasible, the only thing that stands out to me is BBK followed by Skepta on Friday. Surely Skepta wouldn't do a solo set straight after performing with BBK? I also think BBK would play a bit higher up on the JP stage, but apart from that it looks good!

3 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

This seems pretty feasible, the only thing that stands out to me is BBK followed by Skepta on Friday. Surely Skepta wouldn't do a solo set straight after performing with BBK? I also think BBK would play a bit higher up on the JP stage, but apart from that it looks good!

Yep I put them all together to mean it'll be like one long grime set with BBK, Skepta and Stormzy all involved, because I can see something like that happening with the big hype for grime music at the moment

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

An educated guess

FRI

SAT

SUN

Would take that in a heartbeat but that Foals, Tame Impala and Editors clash would kill me! Thats the stuff of nightmares, also yeah Septa wouldn't play straight after BBK, its one or the other because BBK play Septa songs so its pointless. Apart from that sign me up 

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just a few observations but good effort as I couldn't be bothered to go that in depth.

LCD won't play 3rd down.

Kendrick can't play as an exclusive elsewhere

Jess Glynne far to low

Grimes is playing JP

Bloc Party 5th down Pyramid?!!

Where does it say Grimes is playing JP? The organiser of the John Peel stage said he's secured two John Peel headliners, and then went on to say that Grimes is booked for Glastonbury but they don't know where to put her? Also Bloc Party are actually rumoured on efestivals for the Pyramid stage, and I originally put them down as a JP headliner but since they're newest album totally flopped I don't think they'll be playing any headline slots anymore. Plus Jess Glynne is that popular? I put her down as about as popular as Ella Eyre in 2015 and Sam Smith in 2014, who both played 5th down Other stage. Also yeah, I don't really know about Kendrick and LCD. Maybe move LCD up to sub and whack the Weeknd on instead 3rd down.

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Where does it say Grimes is playing JP? The organiser of the John Peel stage said he's secured two John Peel headliners, and then went on to say that Grimes is booked for Glastonbury but they don't know where to put her? Also Bloc Party are actually rumoured on efestivals for the Pyramid stage, and I originally put them down as a JP headliner but since they're newest album totally flopped I don't think they'll be playing any headline slots anymore. Plus Jess Glynne is that popular? I put her down as about as popular as Ella Eyre in 2015 and Sam Smith in 2014, who both played 5th down Other stage. Also yeah, I don't really know about Kendrick and LCD. Maybe move LCD up to sub and whack the Weeknd on instead 3rd down.

Personally would find it strange if the JP organiser was talking about his stage and then mentioned Grimes who was playing somewhere else!

Jess Glynne is very popular, honestly would see her either 3rd Other or 4th Pyramid myself. (Someone also mentioned people who play Eden sessions having high spots)

Bloc Party are as likely on the pyramid as the likes of Ed Sheeran, Daft Punk etc... Who are also listed on the rumours page as such.

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

An educated guess

FRI

SAT

SUN

Feeder, Y&Y, Adele, Robyn, Band of Horses, Wolf Alice, TLSP, Jess Glynne, PJ Harvey and The Coral, that would be alright, although The Coral/TLSP clash it then favorable.

8 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Dance act?

Iggy pop not relevant enough to play 3rd down Pyramid?

4b5228f476a13f023e30147a1eb70f4a.jpg

With The Stooges probably yes but just Iggy Pop I doubt it. Tame Impala, Jess Glynne and ZZ Top are a lot morw likely to get that. Iggy if he plays will probably get 4th down, Other 3rd like I reckon PJ Harvey will or JP headline.

7 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah never get this you can't have another act before a certain act! 

Were Faithless not before Stevie Wonder? 

Macklemore are a dancier act that all the kids want to jump around to, so subbing Adele isn't that likely. Steviw is a little different lol. 

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

With The Stooges probably yes but just Iggy Pop I doubt it. Tame Impala, Jess Glynne and ZZ Top are a lot morw likely to get that. Iggy if he plays will probably get 4th down, Other 3rd like I reckon PJ Harvey will or JP headline.

Macklemore are a dancier act that all the kids want to jump around to, so subbing Adele isn't that likely. Steviw is a little different lol. 

Out of interest who or what kind of act are you expecting before Adele?