Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

In reality the subs are probably going to be placed under the headliner they fit under the most of the three (unless other commitments prevent this). It's definitely been the case for the previous two festivals. Foals would probably be the most rocky sub and would therefore sub Muse. Adele will probably have any poppy act below her (Macklemore/The Weeknd/Ellie Goulding) and Coldplay would have similar. For some reason though I see Ellie Goulding under Coldplay, although that may just be as she's been listed for Sunday on here for ages.

Scissor Sisters subbed Muse in 2010. Resulted in the worst between bands crush I have ever seen at Glastonbury as the Scissor Sisters crowd tried to leave and the Muse lot moved in

6 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

Scissor Sisters subbed Muse in 2010. Resulted in the worst between bands crush I have ever seen at Glastonbury as the Scissor Sisters crowd tried to leave and the Muse lot moved in

That was just when I took off my tight fit Scissor Sisters shirt and pulled out another tee. Girl behind me said "got Muse on that one, have you?" (I did have Muse on that one)

I imagine my taste is more eclectic than most.

6 hours ago, captainmuscles said:

That was just when I took off my tight fit Scissor Sisters shirt and pulled out another tee. Girl behind me said "got Muse on that one, have you?" (I did have Muse on that one)

I imagine my taste is more eclectic than most.

You wore the t-shirt of the band you were watching, twice? C'mon man, that's a massive no-no. Never wear the t-shirt of the band during the gig.

The names being thrown around for this line up at the minute are enough for me to give up my FIRST glasto ticket. I'm so annoyed, the one year I get a ticket!!! If I give 5 names, using the info either from Neil or anyone else they have word from, will anyone tell me whether the think they will play or not - be brutally honest. 

Peace

Slaves

Maccabees 

Stone Roses

Last Shadow Puppets.

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

The names being thrown around for this line up at the minute are enough for me to give up my FIRST glasto ticket. I'm so annoyed, the one year I get a ticket!!! If I give 5 names, using the info either from Neil or anyone else they have word from, will anyone tell me whether the think they will play or not - be brutally honest. 

Peace

Slaves

Maccabees 

Stone Roses

Last Shadow Puppets.

Well firstly, if you're thinking about giving your first ticket up, well you're silly! It's much more than what you think it is and you won't know that until you go 

The Last Shadow Puppets are going to be there.

The Stone Roses won't be there.

Can't say I've checked the touring schedules of the other 3 so no idea

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Peace

Slaves

Maccabees 

Stone Roses

Last Shadow Puppets.

Don't worry, the organisers tend to have much better taste and imagination than the hive mind on here. I'd be very surprised if you don't at least one of those, plus some bands you like that you've not considered.

Don't be giving up your ticket based on not having actually been to the festival or hearing a fraction of the lineup!

8 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Peace

Slaves

Maccabees 

Stone Roses

Last Shadow Puppets.

If TSR is what you're after to keep your ticket then you need to be more realistic, Maccabees probably won't be there, Slaves/Peace both played last year but should be back, TLSP are playing 

Am I one of few who is not bothered too much by the line up?

It's going to be my first time, but from the stories from on here and friends it seems music just adds to the entertainment. I'm going to Glastonbury to enjoy the atmosphere, sunshine, friends and drinking copious amounts of cider. Any bands that turn up on the line up that I'm fan of will be a bonus.

It's under 4 months now :) 

1 minute ago, 6t6o6m said:

It's going to be my first time, but from the stories from on here and friends it seems music just adds to the entertainment. I'm going to Glastonbury to enjoy the atmosphere, sunshine, friends and drinking copious amounts of cider. Any bands that turn up on the line up that I'm fan of will be a bonus.

Good attitude to have. For me, it is so much more than the line up but of course I do want in an ideal world 3 acts I want to see a day!

But some of the best times are just sitting there admiring the view, wandering aimlessly around, stumbling on something mad happening and listening to artists who you've never heard of before. 

4 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Wouldn't say I'm 'not bothered' - but I know what you mean. The festival is so vast, with so many options, there won't just be something for everyone - there will be lots for everyone. In a way, it's possible better if there's quite a few things on the main stages you don't fancy, because as a first timer, you'll discover more. This will be my second time, and what I'm really looking forward to this year - more than who or what is on, is bimbling about finding all the little bits & pieces I missed last time. I'd say your attitude is spot on for a newbie.

20 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

This is of course true - but good to have something to talk about beforehand.

I find a couple of things to look forward to is enough.... but ideally I want to really look forward to them, not something I'm just a little bothered about.

P: Muse, Foals, ZZ Top,
O: LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, Jess Glynne
JP: Bloc Party, Editors
WH: Damian Marley
Pa: M83

P: Adele, Ellie Goulding, Last Shadow Puppets
O: New Order, Chvrches, Iggy Pop
JP: Robyn, Catfish and the Bottlemen 
WH: Earth, Wind & Fire
Pa: The Coral

P: Coldplay, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Tame Impala, ELO
O: Bring Me The Horizon, PJ Harvey, Suede 
JP: Grimes, Skepta
WH: Ice Cube
Pa: Explosions in the Sky

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

Pa: Slayer

ftfy

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Pa: The Coral

New Order/Robyn/EW&F ouch 

21 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

JP: Robyn, Catfish and the Bottlemen - This one I can deal with but Catfish would headline it.
Pa: The Coral - You can take this one away right bloody now lol

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Robyn on the Sunday would be ideal. Would love to end my weekend watching her

As long as she is not up against New Order or LCD then I will watch her. New Order for obvious reasons and LCD as I am determined to see what all the hype is actually about.

So am I right in thinking the headliner rumours are basically down to this?

Pyramid - Muse, Adele, Coldplay, Radiohead (pretty much ruled out now)

Other - LCD, Disclosure, New Order, BMTH

WH - EWAT (any other big rumours?)

JP - Bloc Party, Haim, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Robyn 

Park - M83, Explosions in the Sky, Guy Garvey

(trying to summarise for a mate, please add and delete where applicable)