Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Their tour sold well, think they sold out two nights at Brixton and most other venues seemed to sell out as well. 

I knew this but not the album charts so I didn't know there'd been some decline, if there has been. Though it's pretty much accepted the hey-core thing is over isn't it, now Mumfords went electric and everyone forgot what a Lumineer was. Maybe they are old news.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I knew this but not the album charts so I didn't know there'd been some decline, if there has been. Though it's pretty much accepted the hey-core thing is over isn't it, now Mumfords went electric and everyone forgot what a Lumineer was. Maybe they are old news.

"Hey-core" :)

7 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Same weekend of Glasto all your fave acts, hope some of them are hardworking enough to do both festivals....

image.jpg

Brilliant.

Seen Brandon Block about 4 times. Twice he got thrown out of the club for being fucked. Once whilst Dj'ing. 

About 8/9 years ago. He was smashed, the mixing was awful. Then he out of nowhere threw a can of lager into the crowd. The bouncers ran on. Music stopped and he got led out. 

After that, I was actively looking to see him again. Next time he was that smashed the mixing was crap and after 5/6 tunes he was stopped. I then saw him 20 mins later in a "heated debate" with a bouncer, who launched him out.

For him alone it could be worth going to.

Can anybody answer my booking acts for the festival wonderings?

Do they really draw up a list of bands they would like to play at the farm and contact them direct? Or... Do the management put the names of all available acts for next year on some kind of database and the bookers cherry pick what is in budget?

1 hour ago, Scotdy said:

Can anybody answer my booking acts for the festival wonderings?

Do they really draw up a list of bands they would like to play at the farm and contact them direct? Or... Do the management put the names of all available acts for next year on some kind of database and the bookers cherry pick what is in budget?

well for most gigs, booking agents/management companies will let various promoters know which of their acts will be touring, and what their price is after inquiries. promoters can then decide who they want to book. I don't know about Glastonbury, but I'd imagine they're on the same mailing lists as the various other big promoters.

for one-off headliners, I'd imagine the promoters contact the artist's management directly and ask if they'd be willing to play a certain event and what their fee/requirements are. most headliners though will have plans to tour around a certain region at a certain time, so festivals will book them based on this.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How good they'll be in the hydro I'm unsure, but I'll definitely be going, Every Open Eye was absolutely magic

They were great at electric picnic in September but personally I think the new Grimes album has made Every Open Eye seem pretty tepid in comparison, I'll probably still go see them though especially with the twilight sad supporting. 

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

CHVRCHES are gonna be great on the Other Stage this year. Lauren has become a massively more confident performer since they last played, they're going to own that stage.

Do you reckon they are another name to add to the list of potential subs? I seriously hope they are there I agree with you all the way, they'd be brilliant 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Do you reckon they are another name to add to the list of potential subs? I seriously hope they are there I agree with you all the way, they'd be brilliant 

I was thinking 3rd or 4th down but they are getting very big so I guess subbing isn't out of the question. Very hard to predict how the order will go on that stage.