Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My inital prediction on the headliners thread was Radiohead, Biffy Clyro and Rihanna.

Just had a fiver on Rihanna saturday headliner at 40/1.. If she is, she pays for my ticket

Coldplay will probably close on Sunday and Rihanna isn't doing two nights running on her tour and a 2nd night at Wembley could be added if she does.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

June 14 - Ricoh Arena, Coventry

June 16 - Cardiff Stadium, Cardiff

June 18 - Stadium of Light, Sunderland

June 21 - Aviva Stadium, Dublin

June 24 - Wembley Stadium, London

June 27 - Hampden Park, Scotland

I assume the rest of this new record is better than anything we've heard of it so far.

You wouldn't think two headliners would play Wembley the same summer? Wouldn't expect Coldplay and Rihanna, one or tother, and there's certainly one looks more likely just now

Would definitely take The Weeknd on the pyramid or other, after all, he owes the festival a favour after cancelling 

37 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The Coral headlining Sound City is a feat for them, got to be all down to the fact their back as a band for the first time in yonks, keeping company with The Flaming Lips and B&S!! Interesting to see if/where they line up at the farm

They're also from Merseyside so that plays into headlining a medium sized festival there. :P

Looking at how many times they played Glastonbury before hiatus; they should seem a fairly safe bet to get a gig next year. Would be nice to see though I've barely listened to them in years so I don't really know how fussed I'd be without revisiting their stuff.

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Sigur Ros have been announced for Dour festival in July. Surely we'll get one of them, Bon Iver or The National?

That would be the best trio of other stage headliners ever, just imagine 

Sigur Ros closing the Sunday up against Coldplay would be a sight to behold, I say there wouldn't be a dry eye in the field

55 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Elton John is headlining the Henley Festival in Oxfordshire early July, in what's said as one of only 5 shows in the uk this year 

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151124a.shtml

Also playing another festival that runs the same weekend as Glastonbury, that's him ruled out for another year then:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151124d.shtml