Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, maarrkk said:

does Earth Wind & Fire playing on the bill http://imgur.com/apTo8eP make them more or less likely to play this year? Been waiting for them to headline West Holts since Chic 2013!

Slightly more, perhaps, in that it shows that they are active and playing festivals next June. But they've been doing that the past few years without turning up at G, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

28 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Slightly more, perhaps, in that it shows that they are active and playing festivals next June. But they've been doing that the past few years without turning up at G, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Turned down the opportunity to see them at Royal Albert Hall in November 2013 cos I convinced myself they would be playing Glastonbuy 2014 - and had the same hopes for 2015 - so it has to be West Holts 2016 now!

54 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The winner is surely Hyde Park calling festival 2012/2013 with Bruce Springsteen? Closely followed by Download booking Def Leppard in 09 and 11.

Nah T wins it hands down with their resident DJ Calvin Harris 

7 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The winner is surely Hyde Park calling festival 2012/2013 with Bruce Springsteen? Closely followed by Download booking Def Leppard in 09 and 11.

No, just because Hyde Park Calling is mostly Day Tickets - so any given day is largely sold on the headliner.

I'll submit a couple of candidates though -

Glastonbury 1987 & 1989 - Both had Van Morrison and Elvis Costello at the top of the bill. Because there was a fallow year in 88, it was consecutive festivals as well.

But the winner, surely, has to be Oxegen -
2007 - The Killers & Snow Patrol
2008 - Kings Of Leon
2009 - The Killers, Snow Patrol & Kings Of Leon
Technically, both of the Snow Patrol apearances were "joint headline" ie glorified sub, but still..

Edited by incident

13 minutes ago, incident said:

No, just because Hyde Park Calling is mostly Day Tickets - so any given day is largely sold on the headliner.

I'll submit a couple of candidates though -

Glastonbury 1987 & 1989 - Both had Van Morrison and Elvis Costello at the top of the bill. Because there was a fallow year in 88, it was consecutive festivals as well.

But the winner, surely, has to be Oxegen -
2007 - The Killers & Snow Patrol
2008 - Kings Of Leon
2009 - The Killers, Snow Patrol & Kings Of Leon
Technically, both of the Snow Patrol apearances were "joint headline" ie glorified sub, but still..

I like how Kings of Leon played in 2007 as well albeit lower down the lineup. T in the Park was similar, they had The Killers and Snow Patrol in 2007 and 2009 and Kings of Leon played third down in 2007, subbed in 2008 and headlined in 2009.

Seeing Florence and Mumford pop up on a few lineups now. Both possible for T and IOW I would have thought. Obviously only Mumford can do Glastonbury this year. Imagine it! Was the most depressing end to a Sunday night of my life in 2013.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd imagine tomorrow, bit late tonight to really gather the exposure unless it's very soon!

Yep I'd agree tomorrow now 

I wonder if John Giddings has just randomly tweeted a link to The Miarcle of Joey Ramone by U2, of if he's firing out clues for IOW