Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye, sorry, already registered on there. Just wondering if there'd been any sort of official tour communique.

Ah I gotcha. Didn't sign up personally but if you're signed up then it'll be incoming I guess.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Prince alone with his piano was epic. You could hear a pin drop.

New Rockslide confirmations:

Wiz Khalifa, New Order, Foals, Bring Me The Horizon, Sleep, Skepta, Vince Staples, Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra, Aurora, Bisse, Blick Bassy,Cate Le Bon, Dusky, Hayden James, Pat Thomas, Odesza, Tsjuder, and Twitching Tongues have all been added to the bill at next year's Roskilde Festival inDenmark.

So we could expect New Order, Foals, Skepta, Vince Staples and Cate Le Bon?

I can see Skepta/BBK playing a pretty high slot this year, they seem to be getting very popular 

New Order must be a shoe in, headlining the other stage seems about right? 

I'm disappointed R/L seem to have pinched Foals, especially now they seem to be around at glasto time

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I can see Skepta/BBK playing a pretty high slot this year, they seem to be getting very popular 

I'm disappointed R/L seem to have pinched Foals, especially now they seem to be around at glasto time

I don't think New Order are big enough, they wouldn't sub the Pyramid. Sub at the most or JP header.

I have a feeling Foo's deciding to break for a fair while now has probably fucked an idea of R&L as well as call it how you want but I think provided they do head it, it's because Foo's plans changed. 

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I really hope so. I have a feeling they may be the only act I'll genuinely be looking forward to seeing (if the other rumours thus far are true). 

I do think they'd probably work best as a JP headliner though.

5 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

I really hope so. I have a feeling they may be the only act I'll genuinely be looking forward to seeing (if the other rumours thus far are true). 

I do think they'd probably work best as a JP headliner though.

Me too, along with Editors. Given T booked them as a Tuts header not long ago, I think JP is very likely.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Me too, along with Editors. Given T booked them as a Tuts header not long ago, I think JP is very likely.

Tuts tent at T is definitely a lot bigger than JP at glasto, in terms of size I mean

Pixies headlined it a couple of years back, but I think that's more down to their lack of popularity amongst the T revellers 

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Tuts tent at T is definitely a lot bigger than JP at glasto, in terms of size I mean

Pixies headlined it a couple of years back, but I think that's more down to their lack of popularity amongst the T revellers 

I think you could predict them for either JP or Other sub but heading other I would say no, that'll be someone bigger.

Just now, Lubic87 said:

Crystal Castles are back playing gigs, and have a new album due next year. Not sure where they would play next, given they headlined JP in 2013 (cut short due to illness I believe).

not really sure they'd have the same high placings now without Alice. maybe slightly lower down JP

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

not really sure they'd have the same high placings now without Alice. maybe slightly lower down JP

Yeah maybe. Hard to judge until the album hype gets going. They headlined the Park in 2011 - would love to see them up there.

42 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I have zero interest in seeing a Glassless Crystal Castles... it's just not right.

I'm a huge hypocrite though so I'd probably best the first one in the tent. 

How is a Glassless Crystal Castles working, is it a just Ethan or has he replaced Glass with someone else?

I must agree, a lot of what made Crystal Castles enjoyable was Alice Glass, I wouldn't be interested 

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How is a Glassless Crystal Castles working, is it a just Ethan or has he replaced Glass with someone else?

I must agree, a lot of what made Crystal Castles enjoyable was Alice Glass, I wouldn't be interested 

he's replaced her with somebody called Edith. be interesting to see what their live shows are like these days considering Alice's presence was such a key part of it

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

he's replaced her with somebody called Edith. be interesting to see what their live shows are like these days considering Alice's presence was such a key part of it

Exactly. He can say whatever he wants about Alice's vocals not being on 10 or so songs (IIRC, the list he provided contained the majority of their weaker songs anyway) but Alice made their live shows what they were. It'll be ridiculously difficult for them to replicate that. 

Edited by TomViolence

I think their placings would take a bit of a hit but I'm willing to give the new Crystal Castles a go. The new era songs they've previewed are very good.

It's way too early to be doing the 'NO ALICE GLASS NO CRYSTAL CASTLES' thing - considering nobody actually knows who or what 'Edith' is. Plus, moaning about band lineups makes you the worst kind of person and very detestable.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think their placings would take a bit of a hit but I'm willing to give the new Crystal Castles a go. The new era songs they've previewed are very good.

It's way too early to be doing the 'NO ALICE GLASS NO CRYSTAL CASTLES' thing - considering nobody actually knows who or what 'Edith' is. Plus, moaning about band lineups makes you the worst kind of person and very detestable.

I would like to know where they'd play nowadays, Sonic headliners maybe?