Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

actually looking at this year's line-up very few of them appeared at Glastonbury:

Modest Mouse, Bastille, Empire Of The Sun, Hozier, Kid Cudi, Steve Aoki, Sublime With Rome, Spoon, Cage The Elephant, AwolNation, The Kooks, Gary Clark Jr., Kygo, Matt & Kim, The Chainsmokers, Run the Jewels, Walk The Moon, Cold War Kids, The Dirty Heads, Charli XCX, Odesza, Citizen Cope, Tove Lo, Tycho, Sturgill Simpson, Manchester Orchestra, Logic, Broods, Big Data, DJ Mustard, Andrew McMahon, Sylvan Esso, Clean Bandit, Jungle, Benjamin Booker, The White Panda, Echosmith, Chiddy Bang, Lettuce, Ryn Weaver, Betty Who, Glass Animals, Zola Jesus, RJD2, How To Dress Well, Alison Wonderland, Bahamas, Vacationer, Fences, Bad Suns, Rustie, The Preatures, Jon Bellion, Raury, Bear Hands, Cathedrals, Verite, Elliphant, Phox, Halsey, Young Rising Sons, The Wind And Wave, Dizzy Wright, Zella Day, Max Frost, Milo Greene, Joe Pug, Borns, Linus Young, Generatonals, Shakehips , Le1f, Twin Peaks, The Griswolds, Night Terrors of 1927, Lizzo, Colony House, Skylar Spence, Hey Rosetta!, Marian Hill, Knox Hamilton, Craze, Mother Mother, Grizfolk, Sweater Beats, Panama Wedding, Wild Party, SNBRN, Goshfather & Jinco, Nick Catchdubs, The Hunts, Shaun Frank, Matoma, Prinze George, Whyel, Broncho, Jayceeoh, Intergalactix, Solodisco, Filabusta, Vindata, Jack Novak, Manila Killa, Cardiknox, Cheerleader, Client Liason, Kill Them With Colour, Styles & Complete, Falls, Kingsize, Fiance, and Cypher Clique.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

actually looking at this year's line-up very few of them appeared at Glastonbury:

Modest Mouse, Bastille, Empire Of The Sun, Hozier, Kid Cudi, Steve Aoki, Sublime With Rome, Spoon, Cage The Elephant, AwolNation, The Kooks, Gary Clark Jr., Kygo, Matt & Kim, The Chainsmokers, Run the Jewels, Walk The Moon, Cold War Kids, The Dirty Heads, Charli XCX, Odesza, Citizen Cope, Tove Lo, Tycho, Sturgill Simpson, Manchester Orchestra, Logic, Broods, Big Data, DJ Mustard, Andrew McMahon, Sylvan Esso, Clean Bandit, Jungle, Benjamin Booker, The White Panda, Echosmith, Chiddy Bang, Lettuce, Ryn Weaver, Betty Who, Glass Animals, Zola Jesus, RJD2, How To Dress Well, Alison Wonderland, Bahamas, Vacationer, Fences, Bad Suns, Rustie, The Preatures, Jon Bellion, Raury, Bear Hands, Cathedrals, Verite, Elliphant, Phox, Halsey, Young Rising Sons, The Wind And Wave, Dizzy Wright, Zella Day, Max Frost, Milo Greene, Joe Pug, Borns, Linus Young, Generatonals, Shakehips , Le1f, Twin Peaks, The Griswolds, Night Terrors of 1927, Lizzo, Colony House, Skylar Spence, Hey Rosetta!, Marian Hill, Knox Hamilton, Craze, Mother Mother, Grizfolk, Sweater Beats, Panama Wedding, Wild Party, SNBRN, Goshfather & Jinco, Nick Catchdubs, The Hunts, Shaun Frank, Matoma, Prinze George, Whyel, Broncho, Jayceeoh, Intergalactix, Solodisco, Filabusta, Vindata, Jack Novak, Manila Killa, Cardiknox, Cheerleader, Client Liason, Kill Them With Colour, Styles & Complete, Falls, Kingsize, Fiance, and Cypher Clique.

I count 4 from that lot off by heart with Bastille being a secret set.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Blink, DCFC, Flogging Molly, CFATB and TDCC. Not all necessarily good but I'm not bothered about the headers far FATM so.

Death Cab won't be back, Blink won't be at Glasto, 

I would have thought the most likely three were Tame Impala, Disclosure and Chvrches, the rest and touch and go

25 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would have thought the most likely three were Tame Impala, Disclosure and Chvrches, the rest and touch and go

Be amazed if TDCC, The Wombats, The 1975 and Ellie Goulding aren't there. 

Probably the likes of Alunageorge, Circa Waves and Elle King too.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Oh no, I meant what I thought bettered the headers, not what I thought would be back. And no Death Cab won't be, lucky to get them anyway, they were great as well.

In terms of who to play, what you and sisco said. Ellie is a very likely sub. TDCC and Tame in 3rd/Other sub places and unfortunately The 1975 could well take the same.

Jamie XX is on radio 1 right now, with Romy and Oliver from The XX, and Four Tet, it's really quite good actually 

but that wasn't my point, they've confirmed there will be new music from The XX in 2016, they go into the studio tomorrow, hopefully all roads lead to the farm

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Jamie XX is on radio 1 right now, with Romy and Oliver from The XX, and Four Tet, it's really quite good actually 

but that wasn't my point, they've confirmed there will be new music from The XX in 2016, they go into the studio tomorrow, hopefully all roads lead to the farm

reckon they're a shoe in to headline Bestival, but fingers crossed they're at Glastonbury too. gotta be Pyramid sub now hasn't it? only spot left for them

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

reckon they're a shoe in to headline Bestival, but fingers crossed they're at Glastonbury too. gotta be Pyramid sub now hasn't it? only spot left for them

I'd agree Bestival looks best bit for them, don't they have a name as being quite fussy about playing in the dark, or am I making that up? 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd agree Bestival looks best bit for them, don't they have a name as being quite fussy about playing in the dark, or am I making that up? 

i seem to recall something like that coming up a while back... and to be fair, it's hard to imagine their music having quite the same effect in the blaring sun. it's very much night time music. they subbed Bestival last time round and that went down a treat so i think they'd nail the same slot at Glastonbury next year if given the chance. subbing Coldplay doesn't seem too outrageous, or even Adele, although i'd rather they didn't

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I've heard that too, not sure how concrete it is though. I'm sure they'd rather headline the Other but haven't they already done that?

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

I've heard that too, not sure how concrete it is though. I'm sure they'd rather headline the Other but haven't they already done that?

aye did that last time round. there was the whole argument that Smashing Pumpkins were the actual headliner (got the longer time slot i believe?) but The xx closed the stage (and were fantastic)

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i seem to recall something like that coming up a while back... and to be fair, it's hard to imagine their music having quite the same effect in the blaring sun. it's very much night time music. they subbed Bestival last time round and that went down a treat so i think they'd nail the same slot at Glastonbury next year if given the chance. subbing Coldplay doesn't seem too outrageous, or even Adele, although i'd rather they didn't

I'm sure that's the reason that they played above TSP but were actually the sub. But it's be too weird for them to play the same time slot but be headers now. I can't see them as Pyramid subs but maybe I can't as they aren't my cup of tea.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If much rather they subbed someone I waned to watch, but that's just a personal point of view, and looks unlikely to happen this year

ive only ever seen The XX once and it was their own gig in Glasgow, so light obviously wasn't an issue, I defintely agree with you though, don't think the atmosphere would benefit any from daylight

3 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I don't see them returning with new music to headline the other stage, only reason j may see that happening is it's a new bigger other stage, which might sway them, but I would think it's unlikely (as much as it would be the best slot)

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm sure that's the reason that they played above TSP but were actually the sub. But it's be too weird for them to play the same time slot but be headers now. I can't see them as Pyramid subs but maybe I can't as they aren't my cup of tea.

it does seem a little bit of a stretch for them to sub Pyramid i must admit, but maybe that's just because they've been away for so long and so their popularity is currently hard to gage. i'm sure once they're back it'll become more clear. at this moment in time they're definitely not on the same level as any of this years subs, so maybe it'll just be headlining Bestival/a smaller festival for them instead

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

it does seem a little bit of a stretch for them to sub Pyramid i must admit, but maybe that's just because they've been away for so long and so their popularity is currently hard to gage. i'm sure once they're back it'll become more clear. at this moment in time they're definitely not on the same level as any of this years subs, so maybe it'll just be headlining Bestival/a smaller festival for them instead

I wonder if they'll leave Glasto until next year and grab a sub spot if offered off of next years interest for them? I feel Ellie G, Noel G and Faithless (this could be other but I can't think atm) are looking likely subs.