Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are over here in February, yes it is early, but I hope to see them on a bigger stage at Glastonbury (JP perhaps). They were my "find of 2015"

Here is a link to the tour for those interested:

http://m.seetickets.com/search?q=King+gizzard

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Excited by ATP Iceland, 1-3 July:

Legendary composer John Carpenter (who will be performing his legendary soundtracks as well as new compositions live for the first time ever), will now be joined by SleepThee Oh SeesTy Segall and The Muggers, Angel OlsenLes Savy FavTortoiseAnikaYasmine HamdanBlanck MassMueran HumanosÖrvar Smárason & Gunnar Tynes of múm (performing live soundtrack to Menschen am Sonntag), comedy from Stewart Lee

I'd take pretty much all of those at G, particularly Thee Oh Sees (thought they'd split?), Ty Segall, Angel Olsen, and Stewart Lee please Eavii.

James Ford from The Last Shadow Puppets/Simian Mobile Disco has confirmed they've finished recording the new LSP album, and it'll be released in 2016

As soon as theres a wiff of them doing any touring, they'll be a shoe in for Glastonbury 

Edited by Mezhyp1

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Don't say such things! Frank & Co, you'd be very welcome.

oh dont get me wrong, there are few acts out there who'd id like to have at Glastonbury more. i missed them last year because i'm a massive tit, so any chance to remedy that would be welcome by me! but i just don't see it realistically happening. unfortunately big American acts like them are more of a one-off booking than a regular occurrence (which makes the booking more special when it does happen, but leaves fools like me in a sulk)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

oh dont get me wrong, there are few acts out there who'd id like to have at Glastonbury more. i missed them last year because i'm a massive tit, so any chance to remedy that would be welcome by me! but i just don't see it realistically happening. unfortunately big American acts like them are more of a one-off booking than a regular occurrence (which makes the booking more special when it does happen, but leaves fools like me in a sulk)

Yeah I completely agree. They were good last time and I wouldn't complain about seeing them again but there's no need to rebook them two years down the line after the last time was 25 years waiting or something.

Wilco and Beach House announced for Northside. Wilco now with a festival the weekend before and the weekend after Glastonbury. Lookin' good.

2 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Nah not never, but I do agree its a bit soon realistically.  (Well unless they might have new material out soon?)

after the last album i'm not sure i want new material (or if they're actually working on any) but i guess if they wanna keep functioning as a band they'll have to release something new eventually, as they've done pretty much every other gimmick that reformed bands can do to keep going. don't think they'd be rebooked even if they did release something new though - their booking definitely wasn't a 'new album in the pipeline, let's book em' type thing. it was a 'Pixies are touring, time to get em', which is why i don't see them being booked any time soon, if ever

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

I have a real bone to pick with crystal castles. I didnt go to arctic monkeys in 2013 and went to see them instead. they were late, the sound was off and it was shite. i was so fcking gutted. i wouldnt go see them again tbh.

Arctic Monkeys were incredibly dull so if those were the two runners in that race you may have been fucked either way.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

after the last album i'm not sure i want new material (or if they're actually working on any) but i guess if they wanna keep functioning as a band they'll have to release something new eventually, as they've done pretty much every other gimmick that reformed bands can do to keep going. don't think they'd be rebooked even if they did release something new though - their booking definitely wasn't a 'new album in the pipeline, let's book em' type thing. it was a 'Pixies are touring, time to get em', which is why i don't see them being booked any time soon, if ever

They have a new album ready to go, I believe. Recorded and everything. I coulda mentioned but I didn't wanna open a can of "Indie Cindy was bollocks wasn't it?" and have to try and defend it.