Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been picked up before but I heard last night that AC/DC are playing at the Etihad next June. Same period as Roses and Coldplay in early - mid June. To be announced soon.  Thoughts........

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

Not sure if this has been picked up before but I heard last night that AC/DC are playing at the Etihad next June. Same period as Roses and Coldplay in early - mid June. To be announced soon.  

Just remembered also in same conversation, completely unrelated to above, that apparantley Taylor Swifts management were talking about a stadium concert at the Etihad (and I assume elsewhere as well) but the promoter didn't think she was big enough (yet?) to carry it off. I have no idea of the probability but thought it was interesting having just read Emily's Beeb interview about new acts coming through who can headline in future. 

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

Not sure if this has been picked up before but I heard last night that AC/DC are playing at the Etihad next June. Same period as Roses and Coldplay in early - mid June. To be announced soon.  Thoughts........

Is there not a limit or something on concerts? Five announced and more incoming? Etihad are going ham.

Already given up hope for them playing Worthy Farm but definitely up for this. Though logic suggests that if it's June it'll either be midweek or clash with G. Look forward to hearing more though like.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

lovely little gap there. dental has been touting her as a headliner for a while instead of Adele hasn't he?

i'll take The Weeknd as well! Big Sean can do one after making me (yes, making) lose money this year

The Weekend will probably be there, I doubt Rihanna will and Big Sean was never happening ;P, it was too easy for bookmakers to cash in from it.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I think my initial prediction was Biffy, Rihanna, Coldplay, but after seeing no signs of activity from Rihanna I took her out. I'll put her back in now I guess.

Would that many stadium dates be too much? *clutches at straws*

Well she's been in my prediction for 2016 since about this time last year or something but I'm not really confident anymore as I would have thought it'd look a lot more like Coldplay's dates if she was playing, rather than having a stadium show that weekend - unless she has a scaled down set or something. Will wait to see if more get added though before fully ruling it out though like.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm slightly surprised they're still playing those sized venues after such a long break as they were that sort of size before the hiatus weren't they? Still, good to have them back.

Yeah. Similar to SFA though really init? I don't think they'd really grow much with a reunion but they'd bring out the old fans and stuff. I could actually see them getting a similar slot to SFA next year.

30 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

June 14 - Ricoh Arena, Coventry

June 16 - Cardiff Stadium, Cardiff

June 18 - Stadium of Light, Sunderland

June 21 - Aviva Stadium, Dublin

June 24 - Wembley Stadium, London

June 27 - Hampden Park, Scotland

My inital prediction on the headliners thread was Radiohead, Biffy Clyro and Rihanna.

Just had a fiver on Rihanna saturday headliner at 40/1.. If she is, she pays for my ticket

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

36 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

June 14 - Ricoh Arena, Coventry

June 16 - Cardiff Stadium, Cardiff

June 18 - Stadium of Light, Sunderland

June 21 - Aviva Stadium, Dublin

June 24 - Wembley Stadium, London

June 27 - Hampden Park, Scotland

While those dates are around Glastonbury time, surely they pretty much rule her out?

I'd say it's near certain that a second London show will be added to that, most likely on the 25th in which case the only way she could play Glastonbury would mean playing 4 days in a row.