Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep - tho that's not my source, what i've seen hasn't had the pics branded.

It appears to be genuine, tho there's also something about how the pics are posed that makes me suspicious.

Radiohead not being on the top line of headliners is some what suspicious, that doesn't really look like the format of any programme/ad I've seen for Werchter in the past, but that's not to say they couldn't change 

yep - tho that's not my source, what i've seen hasn't had the pics branded.

It appears to be genuine, tho there's also something about how the pics are posed that makes me suspicious.

Is it not a bit early for posters like that to be made when, if I remember rightly, Rock Werchter release a few bands at a time over several weeks?

yep, tho of course different countries rate the same acts in different ways.

There's no way Editors should be that high from a UK perspective, for example, tho they have a different impact over there.

Yep they headlined over there when I went a few years ago, played after Depeche Mode, was bizarre 

I'm going to remain suspicious of that for now, purely because if it's true il melt and probably panic and book up Werchter again

I can't see Radiohead playing a festival and not headlining anywhere in the world, really. But still no way they'd do Werchter and not Glastonbury so I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

Why wouldn't they? They did last time.

Anyway, yeah I can't see them (or Editors) essentially subbing one of those bands at Werchter. Festileaks have posted up a few fake posters in the past couple of years and this is the worst one.

Why wouldn't they? They did last time.

Anyway, yeah I can't see them (or Editors) essentially subbing one of those bands at Werchter. Festileaks have posted up a few fake posters in the past couple of years and this is the worst one.

Radiohead are not predictable.  Whoathunk they'd play V and not Glastonbury in 2006?

Radiohead are not predictable.  Whoathunk they'd play V and not Glastonbury in 2006?

Glastonbury wasn't on in 2006 so... everyone? :P

But I don't think Radiohead are as eager to return to the Pyramid as everyone here seems to believe. Them simply touring wouldn't be any sort of confirmation.

Edited by dentalplan

Been a munch longer gap now than that would've been. Probably wanted to avoid becoming a house band like Coldplay coming back every few years.

Yeah that's fair, however I still for a multitude of reasons think Radiohead won't happen until the band or festival is ending, and hopefully that's not soon. Definitely don't think next year as they're apparently not touring in summer.

As for who is touring in summer; Beck has just been announced for Northside in Denmark the weekend before Glastonbury. Also UMO, but particularly Beck.

Yeah that's fair, however I still for a multitude of reasons think Radiohead won't happen until the band or festival is ending, and hopefully that's not soon. Definitely don't think next year as they're apparently not touring in summer.

As for who is touring in summer; Beck has just been announced for Northside in Denmark the weekend before Glastonbury. Also UMO, but particularly Beck.

UMO!!!

Had imagined they might take a break after touring Multi-Love quite a lot but very happy if they'll be back around next year. That title track was one of my favourite songs in ages and didn't get to see them this year. So praying the chance comes around in 2016, a Glastonbury slot would be immense.

Beck would be fantastic too of course. Saw him before The Strokes at Hyde Park and he was a thousand times better than they were.