Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are indeed, the week after Glasto.

they're so "in"...upsell autumn dates much later in the year which basically says there will be none of their 'own' gigs anytime earlier in the year, and that June/July euro run is merely a festie crawl. practically the first confirmation for Glasto, more so than Manilow...

Only thing is, i imagine they're quite pricey to book, and I don't know where on the bill they'd go. I fear a late afternoon/early evening Other slot, with a smallsih audience.

i think they'd headline a smaller stage. the festies they've suddenly been signing up to in the past year have for the most part been headline spots, the last big one they did was Bonnaroo i think and they were on b4 McCartney...i think the last thing they want at a big fest like Glasto is to be lost on a big stage midday to peeps waiting for the likes of the next Two Door Cinema Club to come on afterwards...

but i also think if Glasto get them, they might have them for 2 days, and I dream of them getting a 2nd set, perhaps on the Radiohead undercard on the pyramid

hehehe *stops clock on 'Park headliners'*

I dunno, maybe I'm worng, i don't really get the idea they're a cheap act. I also really don't know about their following. I mean, I really like 'em, going back 15 years or so, but are they still a draw in the UK? It's a really interesting proposition. What sort of size venues do they play?

hehehe *stops clock on 'Park headliners'*

I dunno, maybe I'm worng, i don't really get the idea they're a cheap act. I also really don't know about their following. I mean, I really like 'em, going back 15 years or so, but are they still a draw in the UK? It's a really interesting proposition. What sort of size venues do they play?

Their next tour is Albert Hall and O2 Brixton. So they're not huge at all but do have a considerable legacy.

Played Pyramid last time they played ages back, I think? Could be back on there but a bit higher up.

hmmm... Brixton Academy. Yeah, right, not so big then. I've always imagined they're much bigger in the US

Brixton Academy ain't small or anything; it's like a 5k venue. They've not played a bigger gig here apart from as R.E.M. supports. Don't know the official capacity for Manchester Albert Hall but that shouldn't be much smaller.

hmmm... Brixton Academy. Yeah, right, not so big then. I've always imagined they're much bigger in the US

The venues they play in the US are generally the same size or smaller. Brixton Academy is about 5k. Next few gigs in the US are all under 3k. Some well under 3k. They're not a big band.

Edited by The Nal

The venues they play in the US are generally the same size or smaller. Brixton Academy is about 5k. Next few gigs in the US are all under 3k. Some well under 3k. They're not a big band.

it's a fucking crying shame. Scrapping their way through the music business like that. Ain't right.

Brixton Academy ain't small or anything; it's like a 5k venue. They've not played a bigger gig here apart from as R.E.M. supports. Don't know the official capacity for Manchester Albert Hall but that shouldn't be much smaller.

it's smaller than Manchester Apollo which is about 3.5k I think. I'd imagine it's around 2.5-3k

it's smaller than Manchester Apollo which is about 3.5k I think. I'd imagine it's around 2.5-3k

No way, the Roundhouse and Shepherds Bush Empire are about 2k and Brixton is at least twice the size.

It's one of if not the biggest club venue in the country.

Edited by mrtourette

more by choice though. don't seem to want big venues. they sold out 4 of those venues in the NYC area when they went on sale recently and a 5th not too far away in New Haven on day of sale. if they wanted to, they could add more and they would sell out too.

very loyal fan base....some of whom are surprised at the rising ticket prices of some of these Brooklyn and Capital Theatre gigs in NY mind you.