Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Editors are still fantastic live and deserve a bigger slot after the daft position they had last time. Weren't they below Lumineers? Or was that Reading...

I'd have them as JP headliners, though i fully expect to see them on the Other stage given their ability to command larger audiences.

I think JP headers is a great shout, I don't see them on Other as they wouldn't command a better position than last time, they keeping going down if anything.

Exactly, no panic like last year! 

Are you planning on Primavera again this year?

I struggle getting time off at the start of the month in my job so it's quite unlikely I'll be able to go :(

I'm sure I'll start preparing an elaborate lie to tell them when the lineup drops though. 

Will you be returning? 

That's a great shame! 

Last year was my first and I thought it was incredible. Did you happen to try the 'Las Fritas' stall? Those chips were bloody good, I still think about them now. 

I'm hoping to return but it all depends when my exams fall this year. The fact its a week later than last year helps my chances a bit. 

Knowing my luck the line up will be incredible and I won't be able to go. 

That's a great shame! 

Last year was my first and I thought it was incredible. Did you happen to try the 'Las Fritas' stall? Those chips were bloody good, I still think about them now. 

I'm hoping to return but it all depends when my exams fall this year. The fact its a week later than last year helps my chances a bit. 

Knowing my luck the line up will be incredible and I won't be able to go. 

Indeed, very unique and the line-up was just so good for me. I'll definitely return when the dates revert to their usual schedule. 

Aha nice, don't think I tried them :( I did have an epic hotdog everyone kept talking about though and I feel like that was from a Las Fritas stall?! Hopefully the exams fall at a good time for you then, I'm sure they'll book someone I love that won't play Glastonbury (e g. The Cure/The National/Bjork/Foals) :(

Edited by TomViolence

saw RICHARD ASHCROFT yesterday in zürich. new album out in 2016.... could (hopefully) be around glasto :-)

would be a nice addition . Ashcroft, Guy Garvey, Noel Gallagher...it will be the year of the northern band leaders then

i missed the years of The Verve appearing, but did manage to catch The Shining (Simon Jones & Simon Tong) opening up one of the Other Stage days in 2002...

Wilco touring in November next year (seems very early to announce it over a year before but ok), so I'm guess they're looking unlikely to be around Glastonbury time. Could still happen but wouldn't bet on it. I'll probably head down to the Brixton gig if I can anyway.

they've been tricky with the announcements of their US dates in certain regions. a total of 5 shows within a shout of NYC in 3 different venues, with different release dates, making sure they sellout b4 they announce the other city

with these dates so far away, i wonder (hope) if it's an attempt to sell these out before a summer festival run.

they've been tricky with the announcements of their US dates in certain regions. a total of 5 shows within a shout of NYC in 3 different venues, with different release dates, making sure they sellout b4 they announce the other city

with these dates so far away, i wonder (hope) if it's an attempt to sell these out before a summer festival run.

Yeah true, could be something like that going on. I'd like to see them but I'm in two minds as to if its worth booking Brixton or waiting.