Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

The last 2 years they had really strong alternatives though. Elton is just about the only guy around who could top Dolly and Lionel in that slot. I'm holding out hope.

i don't think he'll be there next year, but think he'll definitely do it somewhere down the line. what with Chris Evans saying he knew the two legend acts for the next two years (one being whispered in to Mark Owens ear), maybe it's even possible they've got him for 2017. must be a pretty huge act to have them booked two years prior

Strange how you went straight for the legends slot. I would certainly think he could headline.

he probably could headline, but i don't think Glastonbury would offer him that. he must've noticed the benefits of playing said slot, so i guess it's a possibility he'd settle for it. the Sunday legend has pissed all over the headliner in the last few years anyway

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how you went straight for the legends slot. I would certainly think he could headline.

I guess he would probably be the biggest act to ever play that slot. But at the same time I don't think there's demand for him to headline any more. Legends slot draws huge amounts of attention and publicity anyway. It's that or he won't play I think.

i don't think he'll be there next year, but think he'll definitely do it somewhere down the line. what with Chris Evans saying he knew the two legend acts for the next two years (one being whispered in to Mark Owens ear), maybe it's even possible they've got him for 2017. must be a pretty huge act to have them booked two years prior

he probably could headline, but i don't think Glastonbury would offer him that. he must've noticed the benefits of playing said slot, so i guess it's a possibility he'd settle for it. the Sunday legend has pissed all over the headliner in the last few years anyway

I guess he would probably be the biggest act to ever play that slot. But at the same time I don't think there's demand for him to headline any more. Legends slot draws huge amounts of attention and publicity anyway. It's that or he won't play I think.

Maybe the reason he's not playing is because he's being only offered the Sunday afternoon. As far as I can see, since starting doing festivals a couple of years ago he's been all about the headline slots - and his Bonnaroo headline slot had Lionel playing lower down the lineup somewhere if that counts for anything. I would think it's tantamount to Stevie Wonder headlining not long ago.

Maybe the reason he's not playing is because he's being only offered the Sunday afternoon. As far as I can see, since starting doing festivals a couple of years ago he's been all about the headline slots - and his Bonnaroo headline slot had Lionel playing lower down the lineup somewhere if that counts for anything. I would think it's tantamount to Stevie Wonder headlining not long ago.

Only in the sense that Essex is tantamount to London.

Good to hear, I'll definitely give it a listen!

Yeah he was brilliant! And I remember the weather was particularly perfect for that set. 

On that last point, I remember FloorFiller telling a story on here about him singing along during that cover for a full minute (arms in the air and everything) before realising it was Coldplay :lol:

I'm guessing you got a Glastonbury ticket in the sale?

I did a similar thing, however I knew it was a coldplay song and I have quite a soft spot for Coldplay (I know, I know)

Yes I did, me and my girlfriend are going for our 4th! Did you manage to get one?

On that last point, I remember FloorFiller telling a story on here about him singing along during that cover for a full minute (arms in the air and everything) before realising it was Coldplay :lol:

oh i knew it was Coldplay - i was just so drunk on gin and lemon fanta at that time that i didn't care. i was pogo-ing around like a right dickhead. my friends still won't let me forget that!

to be fair, it was fucking awesome. wasn't that bothered about seeing him live beforehand but it ended up being one of my sets of the weekend. such a good stage presence

Edited by FloorFiller

Editors are still fantastic live and deserve a bigger slot after the daft position they had last time. Weren't they below Lumineers? Or was that Reading...

I'd have them as JP headliners, though i fully expect to see them on the Other stage given their ability to command larger audiences.