Glastocam!

pauladam

On 3/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Not sure what you are looking at but here in Pilton we have bright blue skies and its a beautiful warm spring day.

We've had little rain of late, in fact some of my garden is cracking a little.

Puddles mainly 😁

Am looking forward to your brilliant weather updates in the coming weeks though 😉

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Dee, do you know if visiting restrictions have been lifted? 

Do we think they might remain in place until the build and beyond now?

Seeing the cam back online really makes me want to stroll around the place again. 

Seeing as it won’t be long before the restrictions, that would normally be put in place prior to the build, are there, I’d say best email the farm and ask. They have not made any announcement and I very much doubt they will to be fair.

the webcam is the best way to enjoy the farm without getting in the way/ trespassing. Enjoy it whilst it’s there.

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Seeing as it won’t be long before the restrictions, that would normally be put in place prior to the build, are there, I’d say best email the farm and ask. They have not made any announcement and I very much doubt they will to be fair.

the webcam is the best way to enjoy the farm without getting in the way/ trespassing. Enjoy it whilst it’s there.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll wait for the festival itself

Is it weird that I get  a proper Glasto buzz looking at the cross roads on the paths and railways. Found myself looking at the one at the top of the Park and the one near the exit to SE corner on the webcam yesterday.

I think it's because I can imagine the hustle and bustle of both spots, long drop doors, loads of people swarming in different directions to experience the different parts of Glasto (especially at night). The crossroad on the railway track at the bottom of Pennerds is one of the first places I think about when I think of Glastonbury.

Bit weird really isnt it?

24 minutes ago, Divein said:

Is it weird that I get  a proper Glasto buzz looking at the cross roads on the paths and railways. Found myself looking at the one at the top of the Park and the one near the exit to SE corner on the webcam yesterday.

I think it's because I can imagine the hustle and bustle of both spots, long drop doors, loads of people swarming in different directions to experience the different parts of Glasto (especially at night). The crossroad on the railway track at the bottom of Pennerds is one of the first places I think about when I think of Glastonbury.

Bit weird really isnt it?

Your mind is basically doing this...

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Your mind is basically doing this...

Absolutely LOVE that video... What a fantastic concept. 😃 Thanks for sharing!

And @Divein - sounds 100% normal to me. It's all those little transient parts of the festival that add up to the whole experience. Walking across the site, queuing for some food, exploring... can almost be more resonant and memorable than being in a crowd at one of the stages, or whatever. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Just now, jimmillen said:

Absolutely LOVE that video... What a fantastic concept. 😃 Thanks for sharing!

And @Divein - sounds 100% normal to me. It's all those little transient parts of the festival that add up to the whole experience. Walking across the site, queuing for some food, exploring... can almost be more resonant and memorable than being in a crowd at one of the stages, or whatever. 🙂

Once of my favourite videos, so well done!

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I tried to do a similar thing to this video but with photos about 5 years ago. I took all the before photos. Then came the festival and I just could not concentrate on anything but the festival. Epic fail

I did similar, the only one I ever managed was this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTzRp9rBbkb/?utm_medium=copy_link

It’s not embedding for some reason but should work if you click the link.

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Like 1