Glastocam!

pauladam

2 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Looks like Arcadia/Pangea's crane base is still there which I'm happy to see - thought their plan to keep it all year round was rejected?

IIRC, I think it will have to go, but it was OK to stay until the 2020 festival and then...y'know...

However, I am disproportionately thrilled to have that panomax link active again. I don't really use the sweeping webcam, preferring the static image which I can enlarge and move around. Doing that from the moment the fence starts going up is a multiple times a day joy.

Ben

3 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Looks like Arcadia/Pangea's crane base is still there which I'm happy to see - thought their plan to keep it all year round was rejected?

They were supposed to take the bottom bit down but COVID has obviously hampered the removal - can't reasonably take it down in the winter when the grass is wet AF, crane would just sink.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

What am I doing wrong then? BBC link posted above still gives me the following message:

To respect the privacy of the farm, we’ve switched off the live BBC Glastonbury Webcam for the time being. Instead, you can explore our beautiful archive shots.

That's still on there - BBC just haven't updated their website.

The current image is live and updating - even though the time on the BBC Website is +1 hour.

40 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Looks like the bcc glasto page doesn’t work on mobile anymore 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Doesn’t seem to want to load on my iPhone but I’m so pleased to see this. I’m actually more excited than the poster drop. 

Yeh, doesn't seem to be working on mobile for some reason.
Just bookmark this link - which is the direct link to the jpg.

https://panodata.panomax.com/cams/879/recent_full.jpg

13 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Also it looks like it updates ever 5 min rather than every 10 min. 

so twice as many updates. 

Yes it does. Noticed that increased update time. There seems to be something going on behind the SE corner, to the left of the stone circle field.   Mind you nothing new about that. 

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes it does. Noticed that increased update time. There seems to be something going on behind the SE corner, to the left of the stone circle field.   Mind you nothing new about that. 

That's outside the fence - the track infront is the fence line.

I'd imagine this has something to do with the Reservoir that they were planning on building.

The Triangular field is Kings Meadow where the Stone Circle is.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 17.58.12.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

We're back online!

Direct Link to Image: https://panodata7.panomax.com/cams/879/recent_full.jpg

BBC Website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/glastonbury/webcam

Shout out to @MartinCurtis01 on twitter who spotted this.

Excuse my ignorance, is this 2 webcams or 2 links to the same webcam?

47 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Excuse my ignorance, is this 2 webcams or 2 links to the same webcam?

Same webcam. The BBC link uses a slightly lower res version embedded in a web page that does panning and stuff.  The panomax is the real shizzle, just the raw image.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

@crazyfool1 on another thread you mentioned having the glastocam as your PC desktop.

What website/app were you using to get an auto updating image. I’ve managed to get my desktop displaying the panomax link but it’s not updating automatically. 

thats a very good question i just zoom in on the Panomax one ..... which updates .... so its not a traditional screen saver .... its just there as an open web page .... id love what you suggest to be possible .... maybe one of our techy people might know @stuartbert two hats or @gigpusher husband ? my knowledge is pretty basic im afraid 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

None of this murky grey wet nonsense in June thank you very much. ☀️

7745299A-E40D-4D46-82F8-8B9E21362C03.png

Sitting in a cafe in Marrakesh looking at that in sunshine atm. It is making me feel smug! It won’t be anything like that in June