Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

36 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Damn shame The Black Madonna looks set to stink out another decent slot but Giant Swan + Peach are big wins. Do we know where Giant Swan are playing? They drink in a few of the same pubs as me so can try and ask next time I see them.

I thought she was decent at Arcadia, did anyone catch her at NYC?

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Can we pause for a moment and imagine they've got Floating Points on IICON

Hopefully @bennyhana22 isn't trying to save people's lives when he reads this

“Can I have some help in here, please!”

”How sick are they?”

”What??”

”How sick are they?!”

”Does it matter?!!”

”Well, kinda. I’m just looking into a really exciting rumour on eFests...”

Ben

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Floating Points on IICON is just the kind of act that stage needs. Very much down for that - hopefully brings the crowds a bit more (but not too much so I still have room to dance).

We want em big but not too big

Saw eris drew b2b with octo octa last night in glasgow. Was absolutely wild, they played for 5 hours and went to 5:30 am well over the licensing time. Crowd was a bunch of mental trans, crossdressers, butch lesbians, fabulous queens, people in their underpants, men in leather harnesses.

If you ever have chance to see these girls you absolutely must!

Thinking whether I should go see partiboi69 in dundee tonight.

Just on my way back home from the big smoke after another epic day/night out at Glitterbox. Was my first time at Printworks for a music event and it really didn't disappoint. Sound, visuals and production values were on point. The only negative aspect of the venue is the WC availability. Not great for a venue of that size. That aside though, a fantastic venue and I'm keen to return. 

The more positive aspect for me is that of Glitterbox the organisation itself. I appreciate that nu-disco or GB's brand of house isn't necessarily everyone's thing but with it they've taken a genre with deep roots in the origins of electronic culture and created a wonderful happy, positive safe space for people to be free to express themselves. It genuinely lifted my heart to see EVERYONE with a massive smile on their face, completely in sync with the vibe. Easily the best atmosphere I've witnessed in a club event in London. Can't wait to get back to the White Isle in July to do it all again. If you've never experienced a Glitterbox night, go for it, you'll not be disappointed. 

Side note, the first tune that was playing when I entered the main room was Blue Monday. Is there another tune that transcends across so many sub-genres as that banger? Whether it's in a sequin-filled disco, a Berlin techno dungeon or an indie disco it goes OFF. 

• Upvote 3