Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Have you heard and whispers about what the Beat Hotel folks have got lined up? 

It's easy to get carried away with the dizzy heights of Block 9 which we all know and love, but having plucked out Avalon, Job Jobse etc in recent times, it's something I have a keen eye on as I feel the Beat Hotel could have been improved a lot

wasn't it beat hotel's last year in 2019 and it's changing to something different? I might have my wires mixed but i'm pretty sure it was ending and they haven't said much about its replacement that I've seen, though i will have a quick browse

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

I think it could be argued that one of who I'm alluding to is close to immortal, and the others not far off tbf. But no, not that banished tech-house waft outfit you mention.

UR? Not sure who's even in it at this point, but that'd be brilliant.  

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

wasn't it beat hotel's last year in 2019 and it's changing to something different? I might have my wires mixed but i'm pretty sure it was ending and they haven't said much about its replacement that I've seen, though i will have a quick browse

IIRC it will be the same crew that will run the new venue, but with a change of name and appearance, now that TBH has expanded to Marrakech etc. 

Received wisdom seems to be that it will be the same, not the same, with a similar feel to the line up of the original.

Ben

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well, don't just leave us hanging, @GrumpyRaver...!

Ben

I can't reveal who it is as they haven't signed on the dotted line yet, and they told me off the record.  Not a massive name, but a good solid booking.  Just wanted to give people a sign that it could be worthwhile sending some speculative social media messages to djs asking if they're playing...

Edited by GrumpyRaver
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I can't reveal who it is as they haven't signed on the dotted line yet, and they told me off the record.  Not a massive name, but a good solid booking.  Just wanted to give people a sign that it could be worthwhile sending some speculative social media messages to djs asking if they're playing...

Gah

😖

Ben

9 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Just spotted Dekmantel finishes at 11 every night, whats the story with night time entertainment?

When I’ve been I’ve gone to De School, Shelter and De Marktkantine. It’s also Pride in Amsterdam city centre so we had a mooch about there one night was class. Dekmantel have an official afters at another venue I can’t remember the name of.