Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

33 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Not sure I really get this - I kind of hate DnB but happy it’s there. Less people are the DJs I want to see. 

I dont mind an area or 2 for anything, but after hours there is no need for so much of the SE corner, Arcadia & a chunk of the Silver Hayes to all be playing DnB at the same time. I'd have the same gripe if it was Techno & I'm into techno!

I want there to be Drum n Bass. People like it, it just isnt for me..  I just would like more variety in the SE corner to be honest.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheBurns said:

I did see Sunil Sharpe in the old Cave in 2016 and liked the venue much more than Samula so hoping they can improve on last time round.

Samula looked impressive inside but I much preferred the old Cave, before they opened up the sides and made it less cave-like.

54 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

We are pretty sure Murf is Kae Tempest's dog who will be barking over DnB beats 

Could be Roisin Murphy doing something similar to the livestream performance with Honey Dijon?

3 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

We are pretty sure Murf is Kae Tempest's dog who will be barking over DnB beats 

In all seriousness could it be a Kae Tempest secret set?? They have played Rum shack on Thursday at least twice before that I have been to. I thought they would be way too big to this time but perhaps pseudonym for secret set??? 

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-06 at 2.26.04 PM.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I hadn’t heard of anyone on there. My mate says Imogen and FJAAK are both decent bookings though.

Yeah Fjaak are sick, a big booking - Big techno club night headlining act.

Also can’t recommend yung Singh enough, mad Jungle and UKG stuff with occasional Punjabi twists

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

In all seriousness could it be a Kae Tempest secret set??

It is a possibility, however I read on a different thread that Kae doesn't want to do as many sets this year so they can enjoy the festival more.  No idea how reliable that info is though!

4 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

It is a possibility, however I read on a different thread that Kae doesn't want to do as many sets this year so they can enjoy the festival more.  No idea how reliable that info is though!

Maybe it's just wild speculation of course but if Murf is playing on Thursday I might go and investigate. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Maybe it's just wild speculation of course

It wouldn't be efests without it!  As you said, definitely worth checking out if it's on a thursday.

So have we only got the block9 lineup left out of the SEC areas or have I forgotten one?

5 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

It wouldn't be efests without it!  As you said, definitely worth checking out if it's on a thursday.

So have we only got the block9 lineup left out of the SEC areas or have I forgotten one?

Does the Unfairground get an announcement? I genuinely can't remember.

6 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

According to the thingy Unfairground had its own poster in 2019 as well. 

17 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Does the Unfairground get an announcement? I genuinely can't remember.

To be fair, I forgot the  Unfairground even exists. 

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

According to the thingy Unfairground had its own poster in 2019 as well. 

Excellent.  Hopefully will have a few more surprises in store