Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My 1 gripe with Glastonbury is, far too much DnB. I have no intetest in it.

Hoping Block 9 has none.

Not sure I really get this - I kind of hate DnB but happy it’s there. Less people are the DJs I want to see. 

Not a huge amount for me on that poster but one good techno night in the temple would be great.

I did see Sunil Sharpe in the old Cave in 2016 and liked the venue much more than Samula so hoping they can improve on last time round.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My 1 gripe with Glastonbury is, far too much DnB. I have no intetest in it.

Hoping Block 9 has none.

there's so many other stages so its not too big of an issue really. helps convince a lot of my group to go aswell

1 minute ago, Boilingtent said:

DnB is arguably the UK's biggest contribution to dance music so seems fair it is heavily represented!

Boomtown is literally 50% DnB and people are happy !

Agreed. I'm from N Ireland where although there are active crews of promotors that provide DnB a a few times a year in Belfast (Drumology/Step/Crilli), it's a genre of music that has been criminally under-represented over here - and this from a city that gave us Calibre! I utterly love the DnB choices at Glastonbury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Agreed. I'm from N Ireland where although there are active crews of promotors that provide DnB a a few times a year in Belfast (Drumology/Step/Crilli), it's a genre of music that has been criminally under-represented over here - and this from a city that gave us Calibre! I utterly love the DnB choices at Glastonbury.

For sure, only wish they would mix it up a bit instead of benny page, ed solo, jinx in dub types you see at every festival

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

There is an over saturation of drum and bass at Glastonbury and I’m into it. Can’t be doing with Jump Up which you tend to hear a lot of. I think it’s more the quality for me as opposed to the style. 

Walking around ya hear a lot of shite tunes blaring out the stages.

I'm not into it myself, but I sometimes think its part of the fun when you're walking around aimlessly at night 😅 adds to the chaos