Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

I tell you what, I'd put money on him having the biggest crowd of the weekend. More than the Who, I guess.

Thing is, Deadmau5 and Kanye on the two big stages, given the Glastonbury demographic means there's going to be a lot of older people wandering around with fuck all to do. A half decent headliner in the Acoustic/Avalon will see that field fucking rammed.

The Moody Blues are headlining the Acoustic that night so I can see them getting a big crowd if it is Kanye and Deadmau5. You could probably have Suede or Super Furry Animals on JP/Park to even things out a bit as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what, I'd put money on him having the biggest crowd of the weekend. More than the Who, I guess.

Thing is, Deadmau5 and Kanye on the two big stages, given the Glastonbury demographic means there's going to be a lot of older people wandering around with fuck all to do. A half decent headliner in the Acoustic/Avalon will see that field fucking rammed.

Michael has confirmed that Moody Blues are headlining acoustic at same time as Kanye. I will be seeing the Moody's

Edit: sorry to the poster above me didnt see

Edited by mungo57

Could just be the same order we previously thought and there's one of those dealies where a DJ dance act closes the stage and Rudimental get a longer slot beforehand or something. I can't see deadmau5 headlining Other on Saturday so I'm anticipating that or he subs or heads up another stage.

Could just be the same order we previously thought and there's one of those dealies where a DJ dance act closes the stage and Rudimental get a longer slot beforehand or something. I can't see deadmau5 headlining Other on Saturday so I'm anticipating that or he subs or heads up another stage.

Is Deadmau5 not bigger than Rudimental, though?

Long time lurker, very occasional poster.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but in this weeks Timeout magazine there is a festival guide. On pages 10 and 11 of the guide there is an interview with Rudimental where they state they are headlining The Other stage this year.

http://www.timeout.com/london/music-festivals/rudimental-interview-were-still-true-to-our-roots

Oh, thanks for posting that. Take it it's this? That's the 2nd time they've said they're headlining it now

hmm interesting, i really can't see where else Deadmau5 would fit apart from Other headliner 'cause he's HUGE. he is headlining the NME tent at Reading/Leeds, though, which is obviously much smaller than Other, so perhaps he doesn't mind scaling down. JP headline? perhaps even WH? i dunno

edit: or maybe he's just subbing Rudimental and we got it the wrong way round. seems odd to me but not totally undoable i suppose

People have said about a closing act, could it be that Rudimental are headlining it but Deadmau5 is a closing dance act for it? It's that strange closing act tag and not headliner tag.

They have no reason to hold back the poster / rest of the lineup now... other than just being cruel.

Erm maybe they haven't booked all the acts yet? By the sounds of things the headliner situation (or whatever is behind it) may have been taking a lot of their collective attention?

Erm maybe they haven't booked all the acts yet? By the sounds of things the headliner situation (or whatever is behind it) may have been taking a lot of their collective attention?

some very small acts have been revealing their stages, days and even times, so i think the majority of the lineup is definitely booked now. obviously some final touches to right at the bottom, but the main lineup poster (not final one) should be all sorted

Deadmau5 did "headline" the Reading dance tent at about 3pm one year (due to later commitments at Creamfields I think), so doesn't appear to be overly fussed when he actually plays. Was a cracking show too, albeit 6 years ago.., and a lot can happen in 6 years.

Is Pharrell actually a nailed on sub before Kanye? I assume he is as I wouldn't know where else he could / would play .. If not, then maybe Deadmau5 could sub the Pryamid on Saturday?

seems like the logical choice, but with Florence having herself down for the Saturday on her tour schedule that puts some doubt in it! not sure where else Pharrell would go mind - he's not gonna headline Other opposite Kanye, he's booked up Friday and all the spots he could take on the Sunday are seemingly taken, so he has to be subbing Kanye really (guess he could be third down, but i don't see it)

Deadmau5 did "headline" the Reading dance tent at about 3pm one year (due to later commitments at Creamfields I think), so doesn't appear to be overly fussed when he actually plays. Was a cracking show too, albeit 6 years ago.., and a lot can happen in 6 years.

aye but that was a nice dark tent - hardly gonna play mid-day on Other. plus he was much smaller back then

Deadmau5 could do what disclosure did last year and headline the West Holts on the sunday.

Seems a bit too similar to Chemical Brothers on the Other stage.

I would not be hugely surprised if he is subbing Rudimental on the Friday. After all, there have been some quite big Other subs in recent years: e.g. Paolo Nutini, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins.

Seems a bit too similar to Chemical Brothers on the Other stage.

I would not be hugely surprised if he is subbing Rudimental on the Friday. After all, there have been some quite big Other subs in recent years: e.g. Paolo Nutini, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins.

yeah, the other way around would make a lot more sense imo, but i guess this isn't impossible, although with him being a globally huge DJ does he not have some insane live setup a-la Skrillex? or is it just him and a laptop and a few flashy lights?

yeah, the other way around would make a lot more sense imo, but i guess this isn't impossible, although with him being a globally huge DJ does he not have some insane live setup a-la Skrillex? or is it just him and a laptop and a few flashy lights?

Dance acts have subbed in the past, the visuals still work as the sun is setting, most recent I can think of is Pendulum in 09 before Franz Ferdinand.

Dance acts have subbed in the past, the visuals still work as the sun is setting, most recent I can think of is Pendulum in 09 before Franz Ferdinand.

yeah that;'s what i was thinking about - but if he were to have a ridiculous setup similar to Skrillex then it'd be hard to see him as anything but a headliner as it takes too much time to set up / dismantle. looking at videos of him now and it doesn't look like he has much apart from a few screens, so it's doable, but i still definitely think he's gonna headline, so either Rudimental are talking out of their arses or he's on the Saturday

yeah that;'s what i was thinking about - but if he were to have a ridiculous setup similar to Skrillex then it'd be hard to see him as anything but a headliner as it takes too much time to set up / dismantle. looking at videos of him now and it doesn't look like he has much apart from a few screens, so it's doable, but i still definitely think he's gonna headline, so either Rudimental are talking out of their arses or he's on the Saturday

how long does it take him to get the mouse thing on his head?

he has a ridiculous set up