Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

Is Ben Howard bigger than Paolo nutini was last year given that Paolo didn't headline, I see them as similar style and similar sized acts, I would hope that Ben Howard isn't one of the other headliners and we still have one more to come yet

They clearly underpredicted how popular Paolo Nutini would be on his return so the comparison is a toughie.

EDIT: Also, you could on the other hand ask whether he's bigger than Jake Bugg, and the answer to that would be yes.

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday:

Deadmau5

Rudimental

The Vaccines

Jungle

Saturday:

Ben Howard

Suede

The Maccabees

Peace

Sunday:

The Chemical Brothers

Jamie T

Clean Bandit

Death Cab For Cutie

I'm thinking Suede to headline John Peel Tent on Saturday night. Would have loved to have seen them headline The Park Stage. I reckon Saturday because they have the warm up gig on the Thursday, leaves a days gap between shows

Also, you could on the other hand ask whether he's bigger than Jake Bugg, and the answer to that would be yes.

Is he?

I hate Jake Bugg but the bloke is everywhere and massive. The only time I ever hear about Ben Howard is from girls who're trying to be a bit 'less pop' than liking Ed Sheeran so they say they like Ben Howard instead.

Though, I heard a song of his (Ben Howard's) on the radio the other day and thought it was alright.

Other Stage already looks like a no go area this year.

I mean, even more so than usual.

I don't spend much time there, but I might watch Chemical Brothers. Motorhead will be there I think. I bet franz ferdinand and suede are too.

Jungle are confirmed.

Thats already 4 acts more than I saw there in 2014.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I don't spend much time there, but I might watch Chemical Brothers. Motorhead will be there I think. I bet franz ferdinand and suede are too.

Jungle are confirmed.

Thats already 4 acts more than I saw there in 2014.

I think Motorhead will be 3rd on Pyramid judging from the poster. Can only see myself seeing Chems and Jungle.

I may be drunk but I like you a lot Will, you know your shit

Are peace/jungle that big though?

Hahaha, thank you!

Not sure, really, I was just going through the poster trying to fit everyone into a lineup prediction. There are still acts like The Cribs I'm expecting to be added high on the Other Stage, so there'd be potential for those acts you mention to move down.

I'm thinking Suede to headline John Peel Tent on Saturday night. Would have loved to have seen them headline The Park Stage. I reckon Saturday because they have the warm up gig on the Thursday, leaves a days gap between shows

I was torn between headlining JP or high Other, but there are so many acts on the lineup that I can see headlining JP/Park/WH (Hot Chip, Mothership, Caribou, Flying Lotus, Mark Ronson, Catfish, Patti Smith, Spiritualized, Belle and Sebastian, Super Furry Animals, Future Islands, Ryan Adams and probably more) that I'm finding it hard to fit them all into those slots, and Suede were one of the easiest to place elsewhere.

alt-J are but Chems aren't. The guy who told us there was a 7pm announcement yesterday (and also told Neil some other stuff which was cortect) said alt-J are subbing Pyramid on Saturday. This, coupled with their position on the poster, makes me pretty certain they're subbing.

Deadmau5, Ben Howard and Chems for me.

alt-J are but Chems aren't. The guy who told us there was a 7pm announcement yesterday (and also told Neil some other stuff which was cortect) said alt-J are subbing Pyramid on Saturday. This, coupled with their position on the poster, makes me pretty certain they're subbing.

Ah bummer. I like alt-J but they'd be very weak subs and from experience they only really work in the dark

So on the text version of the lineup on the Glastonbury website it is listed

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS

RUDIMENTAL

DEADMAU5

BEN HOWARD

JAMIE T

So... Possibility we could have three dance other stage headliners this year? With an other sub still TBA.

Just the fact that THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, RUDIMENTAL, DEADMAU5 being grouped together seems a bit like a giveaway.