Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

If Rudimental are heading Other Stage, how the he'll can they get that at Glasto and not be subbing T?, regardless of it being Scotland or not. They're not a main stage sub act yet.

But also as another remark, it stands against that I never saw Ben Howard above Other sub either.

It's not really that bewildering. They were main stage 4th down last year and a new album is sure to give them a boost up the lineup. TITP is a completely different kettle of fish as they don't have to work around exclusivities as much as Glastonbury and they book a heap of bigger acts that most likely wouldn't feature at Glastonbury like Guetta and The Script and Stereophonics. Rudimental could still end up subbing at TITP if Sam Smith's voice is still shot by then.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudimental seem like a shite Other headliner, but i guess their popularity will skyrocket soon what with new material coming out so it may make more sense nearer the time (plus they'll no doubt have all the guests out with them etc). Ben Howard definitely makes more sense as a sub than a headliner as well - but it looks like my dream of Beck/Iggy fitting in there is gone

edit: although if you look at the written lineup (which there does seem to be some sort of pattern to), it seems like there may still be a sub left to slot in before Rudimental. definitely can't see The Vaccines taking that spot what with their monumental fall from grace

Rudimental headlining Other, Weller subbing Pyramid, alas i wouldn't necessarily rule out that Vaccines sub slot...

Rudimental are slowly getting to the size chase and status were at their peak, I imagine with another album they will both be pretty much the same size, if not Rudimental being bigger as they seem to be a bit more radio friendly / mainstream.

I'd of thought an other sub would make more sense but I'm not doubting they'l get a massive crowd.

Rudimental headlining Other, Weller subbing Pyramid, alas i wouldn't necessarily rule out that Vaccines sub slot...

hmm maybe, but if we've nailed down our other two subs, Ben Howard and Jamie T, both acts massively on the rise, The ever dwindling Vaccines seem a damn sight smaller than both (didn't think i'd be saying that a few months back!). but yeah that's just me being logical - which the lineup so far has not been

hmm maybe, but if we've nailed down our other two subs, Ben Howard and Jamie T, both acts massively on the rise, The ever dwindling Vaccines seem a damn sight smaller than both (didn't think i'd be saying that a few months back!). but yeah that's just me being logical - which the lineup so far has not been

Thing is they are only playing T and Lattitude in terms of major festivals. They are absent from reading / V so maybe the decline isn't as present as it seems.

I know this is not what this board wants to hear but I can see the Courteeners being the Friday other sub and vaccines third down. I'm sorry but today is a day of harrowingness :(

The Vaccines are still playing arenas and stuff so it's a bit of an exaggeration to say they should be plummeting down the bills or smaller than Jamie T is.

are they? must've missed that one. all i've seen is ridiculously low placings on festival lineups and headlining tiny festivals like Sound City

I know this is not what this board wants to hear but I can see the Courteeners being the Friday other sub and vaccines third down. I'm sorry but today is a day of harrowingness :(

both those acts are interchangeable imo, but it doesn't bother me at all as i won't be anywhere near Other that evening! already clash central that night so thank christ i don't have to worry about this stage at least

are they? must've missed that one. all i've seen is ridiculously low placings on festival lineups and headlining tiny festivals like Sound City

It's only 'ridiculously low' compared to the expectations of people that they'd keep moving up the bill. When they left off they were about the size of a medium sized festival headliner or towards the higher end of festivals. I don't see their positioning at T as much of a drop either considering they were 4th down last time and stand to be placed similarly this year.

I know this is not what this board wants to hear but I can see the Courteeners being the Friday other sub and vaccines third down.

I don't think the board particularly cares but I would definitely say The Vaccines are bigger than the Courteeners. Not gonna eat my hat over it, mind.

Edited by dentalplan

The Vaccines "fall from grace" is based solely on their festival bookings which, indeed, are very bizarre. They must have a particularly shoddy booking agent to have them dropping down the bills after a #1 album when Jake Bugg and Alt J climb to the top with similar sales.

They really shouldn't be lower than sub for the Other but, based on their other festival placings this year, it's really difficult to tell. Looks like they'll take anything!

The Vaccines odd positioning on lineups have got me interested to see if Two Door Cinema Club come back which such a dwindling return as i'd always pegged both acts as following a similar trajectory

only just seeing The Vaccines tour dates now and they are still playing pretty sizeable venues so maybe Other sub is just about right for them

Edited by FloorFiller

I'd say the other top three for Friday is pretty weak but it's just down to my tastes.

Vaccines could be subbing other if they were signed for Glastonbury quite early, and they played third down last time so it's probably a booking keeping them the same level.

It's not really that bewildering. They were main stage 4th down last year and a new album is sure to give them a boost up the lineup. TITP is a completely different kettle of fish as they don't have to work around exclusivities as much as Glastonbury and they book a heap of bigger acts that most likely wouldn't feature at Glastonbury like Guetta and The Script and Stereophonics. Rudimental could still end up subbing at TITP if Sam Smith's voice is still shot by then.

Glasto get big acts as well so I don't get the point there.

I have seen about Sam Smith and I guess it's not so bad if they end up subbing there but it's not great as they'll have still been booked for a slot high than elsewhere.

Edited by thewayiam

Gnomicide, fancy a bet? ;)

Ronson subbbing the Other on Friday. Vaccines pretty low down. Fuck knows what's happened to their bookings. They were on the Pyramid last time

they're 100% not gonna headline. they may sub, so there will be a tiny bit of a clash, but you'll definitely be able to see most of both acts

thanks for the info such a relief, both brilliant bands cant wait any longer :D

they're 100% not gonna headline. they may sub, so there will be a tiny bit of a clash, but you'll definitely be able to see most of both acts

I've put them as subbing on the clashfinder but I'm 99% sure that won't happen. I think they're most likely to be third down on other on the friday, giving you plenty of time to get to the Pyramid stage after their set!

Edited by Acid_Haze