Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

What the hell actually is lad rock? I see the term used a lot. Someone who drinks lager and likes Oasis, Kasabian or one of them awful mediocre bands listed for the Friday? Seems a bloody stupid term to me mind.

Its a derogatory term used to describe music thats easy to listen to, played relatively simply which usually doesn't stand the test of time by blokes who very narrowly dodged careers as apprentice butchers.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Charlatans aren't gonna be that low down surely? band with huge cult following and 12 albums vs hype bands of the moment with one album each

I fear your finger is some way away from the pulse. Like Spinal Tap, I suspect the Charlatans' appeal has got somewhat more selective

he's had one very successful song recently, whereas Rudimental had a string of huge singles not long ago (and will probably have a few more soon). they're definitely the headliner out of the two. plus, it's far more likely that Rudimental can get the guests from their albums to appear live (some of them will probably be at the festival anyway), whereas Ronson's Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars etc seem unlikely to appear alongside him. his live show is gonna be a weird one

not to mention it's presumably just a DJ set like most (if not all?) of his other festival appearances this year.

man spinning records on the Other without some light show/gimmick/production is going to be a bit odd i'd have thought....

not to mention it's presumably just a DJ set like most (if not all?) of his other festival appearances this year.

man spinning records on the Other without some light show/gimmick/production is going to be a bit odd i'd have thought....

didn't it get confirmed somewhere that he was doing live sets? (a festival - possibly Glastonbury, but also possibly somewhere else - was getting the first live set from him i believe)

music thats easy to listen to, played relatively simply

Perfect example - Hey Jude.

I don't like a lot of what people on here call "lad rock" most of it is boring, but its just a way to lump bands together.

The stone roses are a definite "lad rock" band, but they don't get labelled as one.

Because they pre-date the entire phenomenon. If the Stone Roses are ladrock, so are The Beatles.

Nah, surely if anything the Stone Roses are the founding fathers of Lad Rock?

They certaintly get that similar following nowdays anyway.

Edited by LondonTom

hmm yeah The Charlatans may not be what they used to be, but they're still a pretty big act over here who's albums manage to break the top 10. below those two other acts would be bizarre. could happen, but i don't think it will

I lost interest in the charlatans years ago, has Tim burgess finally completed his metamorphosis into andy warhols love child yet ?