Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Ronson down for Friday Other stage as well now. At least it's a break from the lad rock.

How high up do we think he'll play, subbing Rudimental maybe?

yep subbing Rudimental is my guess, with Vaccines and Courteeners below. we've got quite a few acts for the Friday Other stage so far haven't we? Charlatans, Jungle and Catfish as well

I'm going to start taking these Friday Other Stage confirmations as a positive. It gets everyone I don't want to see out of the way on the first day

I'm only currently slightly disappointed by Jungle being there, I will definitely be going to see them so il need to be there, if only briefly

Other than Jamie T and possibly The Chems, I can see little chance of anything even vaguely enticing me to the Other Stage during my first Glastonbury. Historically, I would not see myself as an 'Other' person, but this year is particularly shocking for me!

Add to that the fact that only Courtney Barnett and the Unthanks are so far causing me to be a Pyramid-botherer means that I'll be camped out at The Park/WH/Glade/Acoustic, I reckon!

Ben

If Rudimental were playing in my back garden I wouldn't even have them headlining.

My dog chasing its own tail for 90 minutes and my nan explaining the theory behind the best flour/butter/egg/sugar combination for the perfect cake would be much more worthy of that slot.

Isn't Mark Ronson way bigger than Rudimental? (Its not my type of music, but he seems way bigger to me).

he's had one very successful song recently, whereas Rudimental had a string of huge singles not long ago (and will probably have a few more soon). they're definitely the headliner out of the two. plus, it's far more likely that Rudimental can get the guests from their albums to appear live (some of them will probably be at the festival anyway), whereas Ronson's Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars etc seem unlikely to appear alongside him. his live show is gonna be a weird one

What do we think for the order then? No idea what order the bottom few would be.

Rudimental

Mark Ronson

The Vaccines

Courteeners

The Charlatans

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Jungle

Also, with all this info coming out about Friday Other Stage, would it be silly to think maybe they've now split it up into days and stages, ready to release, and so Neil has a source who knows the Friday Other Stage running order? He'll probably tell me all the info is coming from separate sources now, but oh well.

Other than Jamie T and possibly The Chems, I can see little chance of anything even vaguely enticing me to the Other Stage during my first Glastonbury. Historically, I would not see myself as an 'Other' person, but this year is particularly shocking for me!

Add to that the fact that only Courtney Barnett and the Unthanks are so far causing me to be a Pyramid-botherer means that I'll be camped out at The Park/WH/Glade/Acoustic, I reckon!

Ben

Think the last act I saw in full on the Other was Pet Shop Boys in 2010

This year, it'll be the Vaccines (don't judge me). Basically, once every 5 years is enough. Even though they're all lovely people on that stage.

Pyramid, I venture to about once a year, depending on lineup. Can see it only being Patti and/or CB who gets me there this year.

Thinking about it, we've got nowt for the Avalon, have we?

What do we think for the order then? No idea what order the bottom few would be.

Rudimental

Mark Ronson

The Vaccines

Courteeners

The Charlatans

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Jungle

Also, with all this info coming out about Friday Other Stage, would it be silly to think maybe they've now split it up into days and stages, ready to release, and so Neil has a source who knows the Friday Other Stage running order? He'll probably tell me all the info is coming from separate sources now, but oh well.

That's the order I'd expect. I will probably be at Jungle, unless something else catches my eye. Otherwise I'll be avoiding the stage on that day (though I do like the Charlatans)

Thinking about it. There isn't much I'll be there for full weekend. Jungle, Maybe Chemical Brothers, but seen them a lot so I will see what else I can find first.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

What the hell actually is lad rock? I see the term used a lot. Someone who drinks lager and likes Oasis, Kasabian or one of them awful mediocre bands listed for the Friday? Seems a bloody stupid term to me mind.