Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

"we're not playing glastonbury" - Mick Fleetwood

Sound nailed on to me Craig

What date is this quote from?

The band headlining is likely to have only been booked over the past few weeks. That quote would of been correct at the time.

I'm just saying Fleetwood Mac cant be ruled out based on quotes from months ago

How could that tweet show any possibility that it might be Prince?

"Tabloid reports today about Prince playing or pulling out are unfounded and completely untrue. We'll unveil all the stages soon!"

It doesn't say he is playing, been asked to play or isn't playing. It's quite ambiguous so that has me hoping that he is. He probably isn't though.

I can imagine Gaga headlining next year, she's releasing her new album early 2016. The Tony Bennet album was supposed to be a bit of a palette cleanser after the huge amounts of bad press she got in the U.S. for her last album. Her oscars performance in February seemed to sway a lot of the media, but I guess only time will tell. She's talented but the songs just haven't met that really.

Now who's gonna be the first to start a 2016 headliners thread?

"we're not playing glastonbury" - Mick Fleetwood

Sound nailed on to me Craig

That was a while ago though, as is anything related to Fleetwood. I agree that Blur seems most likely but I've just got a feeling in my water it's FM. Even though I'd rather have Blur!

"Tabloid reports today about Prince playing or pulling out are unfounded and completely untrue. We'll unveil all the stages soon!"

It doesn't say he is playing, been asked to play or isn't playing. It's quite ambiguous so that has me hoping that he is. He probably isn't though.

Doesn't it say that tabloid reports of Prince playing are unfounded and completley untrue? That's how I read it.

Surely if Prince was locked in he will pull out because Emily said something about him not have pulled out. Kind of counter intuitive

Prince and PR for a festival strikes me as one of the most critical, sensitive, hanging on a thread kind of things that any company can endure. Like a slippery fish.

Is it even worth going through it all for the Eavii?

How on earth can you read that as ambiguous?

I don't see the quote as ambiguous. I just don't see why Emily would specifically come out and deny the Prince reports, when she never usually does this kind of this unless she's specifically asked, unless she's purposely trying to stop people speculating about him. As said, this could be to maintain a healthy relationship with him in future years, so he doesn't think they're using his name again to sell tickets for this year.

As I've said, though, I'm not actually expecting it to be him, I just found it an odd thing for her to do.

How on earth can you read that as ambiguous?

I read it as Emily saying that reports saying he is playing OR is pulling out are untrue. That for me is the ambiguous part. She does not confirm one way or the other.

I'm still just occasionally glancing at the line-up and realising acts are playing for the first time (La Roux!!!) and then just remembering that acts I really like are playing (John Hopkins, Jamie T)

I kind of got lost in the hype of Patti Smith, Flying Lotus, DFA1979, Todd Terje, Perfume Genius, Sharon Van Etten hype and now I'm realising even more people I love are playing

Fucking hell this line-up is sick.

I read it as Emily saying that reports saying he is playing OR is pulling out are untrue. That for me is the ambiguous part. She does not confirm one way or the other.

But she does

Tabloid reports today about Prince playing or pulling out are unfounded and completely untrue. We'll unveil all the stages soon!