• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

But she does

Tabloid reports today about Prince playing or pulling out are unfounded and completely untrue. We'll unveil all the stages soon!

Just to clarify incase anyone thought I was, I'm not some fanboy wishful thinking! I'm happy with whoever headlines. It's just that to me that reads that she is not saying he is playing and also not saying he is pulling out. So I don't see it as her flat out saying he is NOT playing. I get how everyone else is reading it but I read it as a bit of a wishy/washy statement. I am probably totally wrong and will be the first to admit it! But I can't help the way I first read it.

Just to clarify incase anyone thought I was, I'm not some fanboy wishful thinking! I'm happy with whoever headlines. It's just that to me that reads that she is not saying he is playing and also not saying he is pulling out. So I don't see it as her flat out saying he is NOT playing. I get how everyone else is reading it but I read it as a bit of a wishy/washy statement. I am probably totally wrong and will be the first to admit it! But I can't help the way I first read it.

How i read it too.

I'd say it's more he's not playing and he isn't pulling out because he was never playing.

Prince is definitely not playing after Emily Eavis comments, if he was playing she would have ignored the story. She has only commented to make it clear the mystery 3rd headliner is not a replacement?

Which also makes me think that Blur and Fleetwood Mac are not the 3rd headliner given comments from band members......

The Stone Roses anyone?!

Prince is definitely not playing after Emily Eavis comments, if he was playing she would have ignored the story. She has only commented to make it clear the mystery 3rd headliner is not a replacement?

Which also makes me think that Blur and Fleetwood Mac are not the 3rd headliner given comments from band members......

The Stone Roses anyone?!

aye if the Prince story has been totally made up then it does seem like the final headliner isn't a replacement (although Neil did have info that it was a replacement, and also why would they hold back it's announcement if it wasn't for contractual reasons - i don't believe that they'd have them unannounced purely for the fun of it). maybe it wasn't Prince they were after after all and it was another elusive headliner that backed out

aye if the Prince story has been totally made up then it does seem like the final headliner isn't a replacement (although Neil did have info that it was a replacement, and also why would they hold back it's announcement if it wasn't for contractual reasons - i don't believe that they'd have them unannounced purely for the fun of it). maybe it wasn't Prince they were after after all and it was another elusive headliner that backed out

maybe the Kanye reaction spooked them and the wanted a relaiable/traditonal headliner(blur)

That's a bit of a logical jump there - Prince isn't the only act who can pull out or otherwise become unavailable.

Hmmm. I think it could be Roger Waters. He last played in 2002 When he was the unofficial headliner. He has all new editions of his Amused To Death Album coming out Soon. A deluxe guide to the Floyd appeared in stores this week and the Glasto artwork is kind of Floyd like. I think I read that a film of the last Wall tour is also coming out.

Hmmm. I think it could be Roger Waters. He last played in 2002 When he was the unofficial headliner. He has all new editions of his Amused To Death Album coming out Soon. A deluxe guide to the Floyd appeared in stores this week and the Glasto artwork is kind of Floyd like. I think I read that a film of the last Wall tour is also coming out.

This would be amazing if this happened, but it's quite a long shot much more likely than a floyd reunion though. However i'm pretty sure the other headliner that's to be announced has got shows lined up, Roger doesn't.

The Stone Roses anyone?!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/stone-roses-headlining-glastonbury-william-9057443

"But industry insiders have again insisted there is no basis to the growing Roses rumours.

Our well-placed source told the M.E.N.: “The Roses are definitely not doing Glastonbury this year, 100 per cent not.”"