Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

Also lol at her response. Seems like she probably thought she was gonna be highlighted either in the written statement or given a more prominent position on the poster rather than just lumped in with the rest, but I doubt it’ll lead to her pulling out. If it does… well then what a shitty thing to do.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also lol at her response. Seems like she probably thought she was gonna be highlighted either in the written statement or given a more prominent position on the poster rather than just lumped in with the rest, but I doubt it’ll lead to her pulling out. If it does… well then what a shitty thing to do.

In the past she has been very excited to play and her management very keen for her to do it too. I don’t think she’s the type to completely drop out over something like this.

Seems she just has a track record for running her mouth on socials.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I didn’t even realise she was back on socials until this. Surprised there haven’t been any of her classic self sabotages in the lead up to her album release.

I’m pretty sure there have been moments. The press doesn’t really cover her like they used to though!

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I didn’t even realise she was back on socials until this. Surprised there haven’t been any of her classic self sabotages in the lead up to her album release.

her whole album has been leaked it seems so probably not helping

Edited by gfa

29 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

She got a special announcement in 2020, less than a month after her cancelled tour. She's probably wound up by Lizzo being on the topline even though she's a sub.

The whole wanting to announce it herself stuff is clearly classic diva behaviour (unless an agreement was broken, which I find unlikely), but she has a right to be peeved that Lizzo is on the top row and she isn't for what is (pretty much) an equal level booking.

It is completely mental Lizzo is alongside the headliners when she's nothing of the sort, just so Glastonbury can pathetically try to hide the fact that they've got three male (mostly white) headliners. Either have female headliners or own it, don't try to make out that Lizzo is somehow above the rest of the sub-headliners/Other headliners

19 minutes ago, homesick said:

The whole wanting to announce it herself stuff is clearly classic diva behaviour (unless an agreement was broken, which I find unlikely), but she has a right to be peeved that Lizzo is on the top row and she isn't for what is (pretty much) an equal level booking.

Yep. Plus Lana was in the subheadline slot in 2020, so she's either moved down by headlining the other (a bad trade for her), or has been disrespected.

She's handled it comically but I'd probably be wound up too.

From the Mirror:

And to make things worse, a source has told The Sun on Sunday about the upset:

“Lana is disappointed. She was proud to be doing a headline slot, but on the announcement graphic her name is buried among lesser-known artists. She feels let down being presented as an afterthought lagging behind the all-male trio.”

Whilst Emily has received some criticism lately for the all-male Pyramid headliners, I’ll always defend her on that - ultimately she has done so much to make the festival as gender balanced as possible, but you can only play with the hand that’s been dealt. I do think, however, that it was a bit of a PR backfire to allow Lizzo top billing status, whilst Lana, who is of comparative size here in the UK, is lost amongst the rest. I can see why they did it, and had there been a female legend then this wouldn’t have been an issue, but it’ll be a big shame if Lana now pulls out. Guess there’s now some schmoozing to be done with Team Lana

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lana-del-rey-threatens-pull-29376306?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR2ijuSfsOmjxwron07oPs1jkyaKtVrsBEnV2hPoEzQE0HY5-vibvuj8-IU

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

From the Mirror:

And to make things worse, a source has told The Sun on Sunday about the upset:

“Lana is disappointed. She was proud to be doing a headline slot, but on the announcement graphic her name is buried among lesser-known artists. She feels let down being presented as an afterthought lagging behind the all-male trio.”

Whilst Emily has received some criticism lately for the all-male Pyramid headliners, I’ll always defend her on that - ultimately she has done so much to make the festival as gender balanced as possible, but you can only play with the hand that’s been dealt. I do think, however, that it was a bit of a PR backfire to allow Lizzo top billing status, whilst Lana, who is of comparative size here in the UK, is lost amongst the rest. I can see why they did it, and had there been a female legend then this wouldn’t have been an issue, but it’ll be a big shame if Lana now pulls out. Guess there’s now some schmoozing to be done with Team Lana

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lana-del-rey-threatens-pull-29376306?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR2ijuSfsOmjxwron07oPs1jkyaKtVrsBEnV2hPoEzQE0HY5-vibvuj8-IU

LIZZO sold over 1,210,000 albums, including 1,000,000 in the United States and 100,000 in the United Kingdom. 

According to Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Del Rey has sold 32 million singles and 15.5 million albums in the United States. Del Rey has also sold 7.1 million singles units in United Kingdom

There is no comparison between Lizzo and Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Wonder if the festival can be assed to accommodate that behaviour or just think sod it let’s just let her go 

Doubt they’ll let her go if they don’t need to, but will be interesting to see if this progresses any further than her little strop and agreements break down between the two parties.

13 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

LIZZO sold over 1,210,000 albums, including 1,000,000 in the United States and 100,000 in the United Kingdom. 

According to Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Del Rey has sold 32 million singles and 15.5 million albums in the United States. Del Rey has also sold 7.1 million singles units in United Kingdom

There is no comparison between Lizzo and Lana Del Rey

LDR has been active a lot longer than Lizzo, so of course has sold more. In the UK they both play arenas (assuming they're not cancelled...)

35 minutes ago, henry bear said:

"Lana is disappointed. She was proud to be doing a headline slot, but on the announcement graphic her name is buried among lesser-known artists. She feels let down being presented as an afterthought lagging behind the all-male trio.”

I suppose the thing is, if the festival turns around and says "the Other headliners always get that on the poster, stage headliners aren't headliners, your slot is big but it's not THAT big", she goes "well, I'm out then" anyway. 

Interesting that there's no mention of the Lizzo thing though, just that LDR wasn't given the same fanfare as "the all-male trio". 

Tbh - Lana was by far the most talked about act on social media after the announcement (maybe because of her rarity).

So annoyingly I do get the point that they probably should have made a bigger deal about securing her.

She won’t pull out. I’m sure her team / Emily have cooled her down. But yeah it’s still not a great result for the festival.

She’s now setting herself up for an absolutely legendary set on the farm if she approaches this in a cool way.