Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

A snoozefest

Looks pretty incredible to me, obviously it can be very different in person

Agree with the comments above though about night time suiting her more - think she'd be more enjoyable as an Other headliner rather than a Pyramid sub. Both the time of day, plus a higher concentration of people there to see her i.e. fewer talkers. Obviously neither is likely to happen this y ear though

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Didn’t see her in 2014 but always figured she’d work best at her own (preferably intimate) shows where people want to be there and know and get her stuff. Rather than a festival fee of casuals, talkers and people waiting for the next act.

People were waiting on Robert Plant, Jack White and Metallica so Lana's brand of melancholic woe is me tunes were lost a bit on the people waiting for Whole Lotta Love, Seven Nation Army and Enter Sandman

Have no idea how representative this is of her live shows but a friend saw her headline somewhere (Latittude possibly?) and said she spent so long in the middle of her set going along the front of the crowd posing for selfies and doing autographs that they gave up waiting for more music and just left.

Hopefully just them being grumpy as I've loved her recent albums and would be great to catch her live at some point.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Pretty mad that she’ll have dropped at least four albums since she last played in this country.

That said, four albums in four years isn’t bad going either.

We stan a prolific queen. Factor in all the unreleased tracks and one off singles and its giving King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.

6 hours ago, mouserat said:

Have no idea how representative this is of her live shows but a friend saw her headline somewhere (Latittude possibly?) and said she spent so long in the middle of her set going along the front of the crowd posing for selfies and doing autographs that they gave up waiting for more music and just left.

Hopefully just them being grumpy as I've loved her recent albums and would be great to catch her live at some point.

I seen her in Chicago - Lollapalooza 

Was very much looking forward to seeing her, she came on stage and 2 songs in went to the front and did selfies, phone calls, hand shakes and “I love you” chats for over 5 minutes 

I left it was unbearable 

She got her own announcement in 2020, right? I might be reading between the lines too much, but I think Emily is a big fan. 

Lana hasn't played any shows since then, which would explain why she wasn't booked for 2022. But if she's playing festivals again, and with the new album seemingly getting a much bigger promo push, I'm feel like that makes her a strong candidate.

Where else could she play in the UK if not Glasto? APE maybe?

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I am keeping my expectations low but I did let out a little squeak at the news of this festival appearance. Even just the fact that she is performing live again is very exciting.

Every single limb and appendage is crossed.

Im determined not to get excited, but it’s proving difficult😊

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

This interview is pretty fun. Don't think it's too much of a stretch to say there's some Billie influence happening in the second half of 'A&W'.

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/lana-del-rey-and-billie-eilish-fall-in-love

Definitely.  I'm no huge fan of LDR but I really like that.  Aware that EE is a big fan too and given the lack of established female acts in the strong rumour pot, she has to be in with a shout.

1 minute ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Lana is definitely the (realistic) name I'm most hoping to see on the poster. Not getting my hopes up too much due to a lack of other confirmed dates. But it definitely feels like a perfect fit.

I really like the new single. For me it's not quite top-tier Lana, but an exciting sign for the album nonetheless.

Now we’ve actually seen her name on a festival lineup I’m very hopeful.  She’s defo in my top 3 or wants on the farm.  Fingers crossed