Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

13 minutes ago, mikegday said:

But we’re not talking Epstein here.

We’re talking adults messaging on instagram, meeting him in restaurants, attending their gigs. 

this is not underage trafficking. I know you were making a point about the complicit aspect, but its important not to conflate the two.

I think you are mis reading what I said. Not conflating anything just making the point that it is not completely unusual that when men abuse their power in relationships with women (and men) it is not unheard of that women are complicit somehow in the abusive behaviour. 

I was at Birmingham last night. I'd agree with what another poster said, about 80% full I'd say. Birmingham gigs always tend to sell slower than other shows but it filled up just before 9pm.

They were amazing, I preferred the last tour but still great. Was great to hear We Used to Wait again. Been a while I think since they played that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I think you are mis reading what I said. Not conflating anything just making the point that it is not completely unusual that when men abuse their power in relationships with women (and men) it is not unheard of that women are complicit somehow in the abusive behaviour. 

I’m not misreading it - but I think it’s a non point regarding this. There was no bringing anyone to Will here. So there was no females complicit in this. These girls were messaging him directly of their own free will. 

I just think it’s best child trafficking abuse and unwanted attention between adults are kept very separate 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

We have tickets for tonight at Manchester, for me and Mrs C. I have been reading comments on here and elsewhere and have felt very conflicted about whether to go. Is an accusation that is, partly, denied the right basis to decide not to go? We have discussed it and have decided not to go. Our view is that although Wins behaviour might not be seen as illegal (which is what some people are using as the determinant) it is not acceptable. If someone behaved like that (carrying out non consensual actions - the girls might have got themselves into the situations but reached the point where they wanted it to stop) to my daughters, wife, sister, female friends I would be furious. And being cancelled would not come close to what I would want to do.  Just because I don’t know the girls making the accusations personally does not change this. Also Mrs C’s opinion was insightful for me when I was making the point about going to the gig to support Regine and the band. Her immediate comment was they may well be complicit. Just because there are some females in the band doesn’t mean they can’t be involved (a la Ghislaine Maxwell……). All in all it’s so sad, and as has been said, everyone has the right to make their own call. 

Going, not going. As long as you're doing it on your own viewpoint, I think in this instance, either is valid. 

Someone on twitter describing it as ‘string of affairs with teenage fans’

18,20 and 23

They’re not teenage fans. That sort of manipulation and twisting words won’t do anyone any favours. If people truly feel this is wrong what he has done, then why do they need to twist it and exaggerate it?

• Upvote 1

There’s a photographic trick working.

When I arrived at the venue around 8:25 pm, only 5 minutes before AF’s proposed opening time, there were still hordes of people standing outside in the long queue, slowly moving towards the entrance for the ground floor.

I upload a photo. This is when they opened the show on the centre stage around 9 o’clock, playing Rebellion. The sound mixing desk is situated quite close to the centre tier, leaving not much space behind, although the two photos upthread give quite an opposite impression. Also see the large the large part of the tiers occupied, both lower and upper, except the back corners.

As to the standing tickets being exchanged for free…it’s anecdotal, isn’t it? The majority of the punters, thousands of them, on the floor must have paid their hard earned money and bought the tickets, I guess.

18ED5227-BC0D-4B16-A0F2-BD103B2BC322.jpeg

1 hour ago, zzzfest said:

There’s a photographic trick working.

When I arrived at the venue around 8:25 pm, only 5 minutes before AF’s proposed opening time, there were still hordes of people standing outside in the long queue, slowly moving towards the entrance for the ground floor.

I upload a photo. This is when they opened the show on the centre stage around 9 o’clock, playing Rebellion. The sound mixing desk is situated quite close to the centre tier, leaving not much space behind, although the two photos upthread give quite an opposite impression. Also see the large the large part of the tiers occupied, both lower and upper, except the back corners.

As to the standing tickets being exchanged for free…it’s anecdotal, isn’t it? The majority of the punters, thousands of them, on the floor must have paid their hard earned money and bought the tickets, I guess.

18ED5227-BC0D-4B16-A0F2-BD103B2BC322.jpeg

Well, my mates had four they couldn't shift for nothing outside as so many others were getting rid for nothing. Touts were charging a fiver

25 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Well, my mates had four they couldn't shift for nothing outside as so many others were getting rid for nothing. Touts were charging a fiver

People are weird, if they were boycotting the band due to Win's behaviour why would they give someone else a free ticket that would in effect be increasing his audience? If they just kept the ticket they would still lose the money but would have the satisfaction that they had at least taken a stand. I suppose it could be that they genuinely couldn't go and didn't want to waste the ticket but in that case why are they at the venue? Very strange.

Not disputing your account BTW.

Edited by gizmoman
Clarification

19 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

People are weird, if they were boycotting the band due to Win's behaviour why would they give someone else a free ticket that would in effect be increasing his audience? If they just kept the ticket they would still lose the money but would have the satisfaction that they had at least taken a stand. I suppose it could be that they genuinely couldn't go and didn't want to waste the ticket but in that case why are they at the venue? Very strange.

Not disputing your account BTW.

They went. Got 8 tickets originally - could never shift four. 

2 hours ago, mikegday said:

18,20 and 23

They’re not teenage fans. That sort of manipulation and twisting words won’t do anyone any favours. If people truly feel this is wrong what he has done, then why do they need to twist it and exaggerate it?

Now its all about age of consent apparently. So Deshaun Watson ( look him up )  did horrible things to dozens of women, but since they were all over 18, its cool right.

again, people gonna keep jumping through a million mental hoops to normalize this now because Win isnt in handcuffs.

Edited by Suprefan

6 hours ago, Davepickett82 said:

I was at Birmingham last night. I'd agree with what another poster said, about 80% full I'd say. Birmingham gigs always tend to sell slower than other shows but it filled up just before 9pm.

Thinking about it, I have begun going Birmingham more often due to their shows selling slower than London ones (and at cheaper prices to boot).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikegday said:

18,20 and 23

"A person begins their teenage life when they become 13 years old, and ends when they become 20 years old."

I hope none of you weirdos bending over backwards to defend him have kids. Middle aged blokes are the weirdest breed I swear. 

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

"A person begins their teenage life when they become 13 years old, and ends when they become 20 years old."

I hope none of you weirdos bending over backwards to defend him have kids. Middle aged blokes are the weirdest breed I swear. 

Right.. so it wasn’t teenage fans then? It was 18,20 & 23.

Edited by mikegday

I'm on the bus home. Can't really describe how good that was. Saw one of my favourite bands ever with people that I love. They did Crown Of Love and Intervention. I've been obsessed with the news all all week but I'm so glad we went tonight.

Edited by elgatonegrofabricwardrobe
Typo

15 hours ago, mikegday said:

Right.. so it wasn’t teenage fans then? It was 18,20 & 23.

An 18 year old is still a teenager, so it wasn't "teenage fans", but it certainly was a "teenage fan". He was smart enough to google her to check her age, you can look at that and think he was being responsible by not getting involved with someone under 18 or you can see it for what it is, the actions of a predatory older man.

I went because Win had my money regardless. It is the last of my money he will ever get though. I think people nit picking about age of fans and whether what he did was illegal or not are missing the point for me. Whatever he did he clearly has a pattern of behaviour of treating women without respect. Yes maybe other artists are the same and if I find out any of the artists I support are like him they will get the same response from me. I don't willingly support that kind of behaviour. 

I personally felt that the gig last night was the weirdest I have ever been to and I hope never to experience another like it. I was in pre-sale seats and lots of people clearly had voted with their feet. Yes in terms of the music etc they are undeniably a great live act and that is why it is even more disappointing but it still felt to me like I was at a funeral for a band. Regine got cheers every time she sang whereas Win definitely got a muted response all night. I'd say it was 70-75% capacity. 

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I went because Win had my money regardless. It is the last of my money he will ever get though. I think people nit picking about age of fans and whether what he did was illegal or not are missing the point for me. Whatever he did he clearly has a pattern of behaviour of treating women without respect. Yes maybe other artists are the same and if I find out any of the artists I support are like him they will get the same response from me. I don't willingly support that kind of behaviour. 

I personally felt that the gig last night was the weirdest I have ever been to and I hope never to experience another like it. I was in pre-sale seats and lots of people clearly had voted with their feet. Yes in terms of the music etc they are undeniably a great live act and that is why it is even more disappointing but it still felt to me like I was at a funeral for a band. Regine got cheers every time she sang whereas Win definitely got a muted response all night. I'd say it was 70-75% capacity. 

Yep, that sounds pretty much exactly my experience, where I’m currently at and also future feelings about them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lots of lads feeling the need to write essays to defend the sex pest.

Cause theyre using not being able to shift their tickets as a way to still go to the gig. Like Ive said, the band possibly calculated it in that sense that people will still turn up because they arent selling their gigs out and refunds arent an option for band members being sex pests.  The amount of apathy is ridiculous.

It's alright if you want to seperate the art from the artist, but pretending there's nothing wrong with a man well into his forties messaging 18/19 year old girls is okay is bizarre. Not to mention showing up at women's houses when they asked him not to.

I know this forum loves the band and leans fairly male heavy, but we can recognise that Win sending pictures of his knob to girls young enough to be in sixth form is worth condemning. Sort it out lads. If it was your mate you'd probably disown them.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 12