Thankyou

parsonjack

Just a brief note to say thankyou to everyone who followed the 'Announcements' thread yesterday, and throughout the week, and who provided all the support and encouragement regarding the Foo's gig in Frome on Friday night.

I'm not usually the sort to be the centre of attention, luck doesn't often come my way, and in the supermarket I'm never the one who they open a new till for,  so to suddenly be the subject of such interest (and an impromptu Twitter campaign :lol:) was to be honest a little overwhelming, but wonderful at the same time.

I have to admit there were moments throughout the day when I did think of giving it up and heading to the pub , but with you guys following every move what else could I do but stick with it and keep trying, there was no way I couldn't not see it through to a conclusion and let you all down.  You guys restored a little faith in humanity that as a cynical sod I sometimes struggle to maintain.

Kindness of strangers also comes at the most unexpected times.  After living off my debit card all day I thought all was lost when I got to the wristband desk and was asked for a £10 donation.  Having nothing but some loose change my face fell until, almost immediately, the girl next to me, a complete stranger, said  "I'll pay for you".  Once inside she even said she didn't need repaying but I got her contact and ensured her that, of course, I'll repay her.  Sophie from Bradford-on-Avon, if you're reading this, thankyou again.

So once again thankyou everyone.  I hope you all had a great day/evening.....I know I did.  And Neil, really good to meet and hang out a little, we looked for you after to give the van a push but missed you somewhere.  Hope you got home ok.

See you all at the meet in June.  It's going to be a great Festival....the best ever I hear ;)

Rich.

• Like 1

Fair play to them for asking for donations, but if they'd said no to you at the front of the queue rather than let you pop to the cashpoint to get a tenner out, I'd have been raging. 

Glad you had a great evening. Still can't believe it actually happened & I wasn't even there. 

I was so pleased when you got in .... Followed you all day and was wiling you to keep trying. Loved it when the Twitter campaign took off for a small while. love it when a plan comes together :-) 

someone put it brilliantly when you got in, and said 'never had they felt so emotional for someone they didn't know getting into a gig for a band they vaguely liked ' lol 

@parsonjack so glad you got in!  I arrived around 2.30 from Leicester, others in our group made the drive of faith from Manchester - with no expectations of getting in but just a lot of hope!  after speaking to a few people I got the feeling that there would be tickets on the door, but didn't want to bank on it!  Apparently after speaking to someone who lived locally,  some people who received the airline tickets didn't know what they were for and hadn't checked in or in some cases had thrown them away!! I looked at the forum a couple of times but hadn't got my glasses with me so it was a struggle!  I wish I'd have know about your efforts... we were stood at the top of the steps on the left hand side and at around 6.00pm, they put some pedestrian barrier at the side of us - this was excruciating as my brain was now telling me we were in a queue!! When I asked why they'd put it there - they told us it was for our own safety, it was a car park after all.  As it turned out they formed the standby queue behind us...Amazing !!!  Not knowing what you look like did we speak to you???  

Just had a look back through the thread and found your picture.... bugger

Edited by Jules62