2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Saturday night, I will have 2 or 3 bottles of Brothers Festival Strength, before a relatively early night.  Sunday, after a crap nights sleep worrying, I will get up and shower just before 8, get dressed (always wearing one of my Glastonbury t-shirts), get the coffee on, and then get my browser screens and reg details pages up and ready.  Usually work from just the PC, with work phone and iphone to one side, both for browsers, and also for all of the different ticket buying groups to contact each other on Whatsapp.  I will start f5ing at around 08:55

Upon hopefully being successful, my Glastonbury wristband from this year's festival will be removed!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

That link has stopped working in the last couple of hours then, as I typed all my registrations in there earlier so they'll autofill Sunday. Luck permitting.

Mine were autofilling from previous years, so hopefully you should be good!

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Upon hopefully being successful, my Glastonbury wristband from this year's festival will be removed!

That is when we remove ours too! They were rather tatty by May this year when I eventually won tickets via this wonderful forum! :D

Sure this has been answered somewhere in but can people from abroad (ie with a non uk postcode) buy in the same group as those from the uk? 

Good luck everyone. Certain this is the year I'll miss out :( 

Edited by OBface

The cousin has been hassling Seetickets today and they've thankfully agreed to let him use his old registration details :lol: he's a lucky bugger, I'm hoping this luck holds for Sunday morning and we'll sort out all 18 in this application! 

2 hours ago, IGOTOMARS said:

Has anyone had success with the changing DNS/Host file thing from 2013/2014 in the past 2 years? Or did seetickets fix this? 

Please don't mess about with the hosts file. This only ever worked because someone at See had entered the wrong address, and the changes to the hosts file just forced all your computers traffic to glastonbury.seetickets.com to an under used server. This error was corrected after about 20 minutes.

At best, all it will do now is force all your traffic to Seetickets to one particular server instead of the 3 that are usually available. It's a great way to cut your chances by a two thirds.

Edited by musky

If one of my friends gets through and is getting me tickets, what happens if I then get through also and decide to get myself and other friends a ticket.
Basically would I end up with 2 (1 obviously getting cancelled at a later date) or would one of the processes be rejected. 

Just a thought I've been pondering over, not obsessed with getting tickets or anything........

Just decided this evening to have a shot at coach tickets for the first time.  Usually we drive and take everything including kitchen sink, had been considering worthy view  this year if we got tickets   But mate of ours has done the coach the last two years and so this year we thought lets give it a go.   I asked my better half on  a scale of 1-10 how devastated he would be if we didn't get a ticket - his response was a 9 - surprised me as i thought last year nearly broke him (and me).

Never too old for an adventure and if we get lucky i will be the oldest person on the coach,  i have no doubt about that.   Am i insane - should i grow up?  

Of course i am and no i won't grow up.

27 minutes ago, supasum said:

If one of my friends gets through and is getting me tickets, what happens if I then get through also and decide to get myself and other friends a ticket.
Basically would I end up with 2 (1 obviously getting cancelled at a later date) or would one of the processes be rejected. 

Just a thought I've been pondering over, not obsessed with getting tickets or anything........

I was trying for my brother in my group, unknown to me so was a friend in another, got all the details in and as my brothers ticket had been bought already it kicked me out and the rest of us lost out, lucky in the resale though thankfully! 

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

When you hit enter it'd error and say something like 'can't process error with reg' and underneath the offending it'd tell you already had ticket. If you were lead Booker you'd have to replace details with someone else. If not delete and try again. This has worked for me in the past but also it's made it time out for others. 

Thanks a lot pal, Just me being completely paranoid and not trusting my friends not to fuck the booking up ! ha

5 minutes ago, Lou1983 said:

I was trying for my brother in my group, unknown to me so was a friend in another, got all the details in and as my brothers ticket had been bought already it kicked me out and the rest of us lost out, lucky in the resale though thankfully! 

Oh christ that sounds painful !!
Glad you were lucky in resale to make up for it !

15 minutes ago, fernandomassuy said:

Hi, just a question that might prove useful - is there a single box for typing all 16 credit card digits or are there 4 separate 4 digit ones? Just so I save those precious seconds while copying and pasting...

There's just one box, unless they've changed it.

Having all those details copied and pasted onto an adjacent text/word document is absolutely essential. In fact, what I do is this:

1. Visit the registration numbers screen before the sale and enter reg numbers/post codes so the browser will remember them.

2. Shrink the Glasto booking browser window down so it fills about half the page (you don't need it full screen).

3. Move the Glasto window to the centre of the screen and have two word documents either side of it, each with essential details.

4. Copy and paste the first bit of info I need so it's already on the clipboard. Highlight the next bit of info I'll need on each word document so there's no highlighting necessary, just a click on the document will auto-highlight the text, so one CTRL+C is all I need.

5. Put additional text in the browser search field (for Firefox) because this will also highlight immediately. I can't be dealing with having to select the text I want to copy.

Now, I'm usually trying for more than just myself - if I only had my details, two word docs probably wouldn't be necessary. But this strategy speeds things up. Perhaps just by seconds, but the difference between the second tickets are available and the second they've sold out is one.

Edited by kalifire

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

There's just one box, unless they've changed it.

Having all those details copied and pasted onto an adjacent text/word document is absolutely essential. In fact, what I do is this:

1. Visit the registration numbers screen before the sale and enter reg numbers/post codes so the browser will remember them.

2. Shrink the Glasto booking browser window down so it fills about half the page (you don't need it full screen).

3. Move the Glasto window to the centre of the screen and have two word documents either side of it, each with essential details.

4. Copy and paste the first bit of info I need so it's already on the clipboard. Highlight the next bit of info I'll need on each word document so there's no highlighting necessary, just a click on the document will auto-highlight the text, so one CTRL+C is all I need.

5. Put additional text in the browser search field (for Firefox) because this will also highlight immediately. I can't be dealing with having to select the text I want to copy.

Now, I'm usually trying for more than just myself - if I only had my details, two word docs probably wouldn't be necessary. But this strategy speeds things up. Perhaps just by seconds, but the difference between the second tickets are available and the second they've sold out is one.

Thanks! Will use a similar strategy too

Went to see the new Bridget Jones film tonight and it has made me even more determined to get tickets because I MUST find a Patrick Dempsey to pull me out of the mud!  

Seriously, really concerned about tomorrow night.  Can't stand the idea that I won't be successful. Shiiiiiiiiitt!