2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

24 minutes ago, OBface said:

Proper nervous now.

Posted this up thread but no reply so will try again. Does anyone know if a mixed group of international and UK people can buy together? I'm sure there's something about international buyers having to use a credit card and UK buyers having to use a debit card. Or does this only count for the lead buyer?

Best of luck to everyone trying tonight.

23 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

UK buyers can use a credit card this year so suggest you use a credit card for all?

19 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That's fine mate if you are in UK. If you're buying mixed from overseas I think you have to use credit card

I think Scruff and Beerqueen are right, but I'm not 100% confident.  Website says:

"UK buyers may use either a UK registered debit card or UK registered credit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address)."

Now I'd assume from this that it's do with where the buyer submitting the transaction is located rather than the registration / ticket address; what do you guys think?  Would hate for you to get through and fall at the last hurdle!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, brain yolk! said:

How long does everyone give before they refresh the holding page? 1 second? 0.5 seconds? 

I'm going mental.

my procedure is F5 it, wait fo it to load, if it isn't the booking page, refresh again, its very rare I get just a white screen, usually either get through to booking page or, the holding page.

25 minutes ago, brain yolk! said:

How long does everyone give before they refresh the holding page? 1 second? 0.5 seconds? 

I'm going mental.

5 minutes ago, Alvarhanso said:

my procedure is F5 it, wait fo it to load, if it isn't the booking page, refresh again, its very rare I get just a white screen, usually either get through to booking page or, the holding page.

See this is my problem too. Because last year I was constantly just getting a white page that seemed to just carry on loading forever, without ever actually getting any content. Never sure at which point to give up when this occurs.

I actually work in web development and am still none the wiser when it comes to this!

Edited by EamerRed

Just now, EamerRed said:

See this is my problem too. Because last year I was constantly just getting a white page that seemed to just carry on loading forever, without ever actually getting any content. Never sure at which point to give up when this occurs.

I actually work in web development and am still none the wiser when it comes to this!

I had this last year in the main sale. I'm not sure I saw the holding page once. Maybe. Mostly it was a white screen, which is somehow all the more frustrating. 

26 minutes ago, brain yolk! said:

I'm going mental.

I just keep whacking F5 over and over until I see a page load that isnt the holding page.

Be warned though, it is easy to get carried away and there are a few times over the years when I've pressed F5, the ticket page has loaded and I've already enthusiastically whacked F5 and watched on in horror as I refresh off the page. 

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My white page formula is look at web address bar. Does that give any clues?

If not, don't leave it too long (unless you're trying on a few devices or browsers then leave it while you continue on the others). Don't f5 again, click back or even shut the browser down and start again.

If it's obviou it will be the page you want from the address bar, then leave it longer but again - no point staring at a white screen for 10 minutes.

I have no idea if this is right or not but it feels right to me. One of the techy people round here my offer better advice.

All great advice - except nothing would work, not refreshing, not closing the browser. I definitely wouldn't just stare at a white screen! Tried everything to get past it. But nothing we tried worked in the main sale last year. In coaches we were scuppered by options appearing and reappearing as available - in the drop-downs for different times it wouldn't let us select any numbers but also wouldn't say they were sold out. In short: massive clusterfuck.

At least when you get a holding page that you can refresh you feel like you are doing something. 

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I had this last year in the main sale. I'm not sure I saw the holding page once. Maybe. Mostly it was a white screen, which is somehow all the more frustrating. 

Had the white screen issue last year, definitely didn't see the booking page, think I only saw the holding page about twice, which resulted in me missing a year :( absolutely dreading a repeat of that so any suggestions on how to realistically get around it would be most appreciated - I'd heard it was cookie related? 

3 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Had the white screen issue last year, definitely didn't see the booking page, think I only saw the holding page about twice, which resulted in me missing a year :( absolutely dreading a repeat of that so any suggestions on how to realistically get around it would be most appreciated - I'd heard it was cookie related? 

Yeah, my very limited understanding of this is basically if you get white-screened early on, you're likely to stay that way. I'm not sure why though. 

3 minutes ago, cartonio said:

just a reminderer: if I get to the reg numbers page or the payment page and the next page doesn't load, I have to push BACK not F5, right?

tx and good luck everybody

The recommendation is to push back once and it doesn't load then to completely exit the browser and start again.

Quick question everyone. Does having fibor octave broadband have all the difference? I know it sounds silly because I would have thought it does, but last year my friend couldn't even get into the que with his fancy broadband and I managed to get in the que with my sisters not so fancy broadband. Thanks everyone and good luck in the ticket sales.