Park Stage 2024

Joey Peeps

Looks like I'll be spending a fair chunk of my time there this year.

Fontaines on Friday.

Looking like a sensational run of The Breeders, Orbital and Peggy Gou on Saturday.

Plus Dexys, Otoboke Beaver, Barry Can't Swim, Mary Wallopers, Baxter Dury.

Can't wait!

Although a lot of the lineup is banging, I’m not so much of a fan of them putting acts like Peggy Gou and Fatboy Slim headlining there now instead of acts we used to associate with the Park. Feels like, much like Holts of recent years, the unique identity is slipping in favour of it just being another stage at the festival. 

Small quibble mind - hope to spend a fair bit of time there. Barry Can’t Swim seems destined to be the ‘why the f**k are they playing that stage so early with little competition’ act of the festival. Will be heaving. 

Edited by FloopFiller

12 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Although a lot of the lineup is banging, I’m not so much of a fan of them putting acts like Peggy Gou and Fatboy Slim headlining there now instead of acts we used to associate with the Park. Feels like, much like Holts of recent years, the unique identity is slipping in favour of it just being another stage at the festival. 

Small quibble mind - hope to spend a fair bit of time there. Barry Can’t Swim seems destined to be the ‘why the f**k are they playing that stage so early with little competition’ act of the festival. Will be heaving. 

I think this is just the festival responding to shifts in what the audience wants. Even on here, I read so many comments about headliners needing "bangers" or for it to be a "party" so it makes sense that more dance acts are going to end up in those slots.

Peggy Gou is an interesting choice - does she play live or is it a dj set? Will be busy for her regardless, I'm sure.

9 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I think this is just the festival responding to shifts in what the audience wants. Even on here, I read so many comments about headliners needing "bangers" or for it to be a "party" so it makes sense that more dance acts are going to end up in those slots.

Peggy Gou is an interesting choice - does she play live or is it a dj set? Will be busy for her regardless, I'm sure.

seen her a few times and its always DJ sets - to be completely honest I think she is always disappointing, I am sure some will have a great time though and she is certainly big enough for the slot

I saw Peggy at Lost Village a few years back and it was great, just as she was on the cusp of mega stardom, but aren't her sets now just her playing her own (terrible) edits. 

Like a female version of David Guetta.

As I’m camped far away, it’s really dependent on the weather as to getting up to The Park a few times. Several acts I’d hope to catch, probably the main one is Lankum (Best album 2023 in the Guardian and elsewhere), but it’ll be a dark and brooding set so not to big a crowd I’d guess. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Saw them live last month and they didn't even play a great deal from False Lankum.

Interesting. Might need to check out some of their live set lists then. I loved False Lankum eventually (definitely took me a while)

43 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Dexys a big appeal for my eighties-loving posterior. Will have to see how clashes go.

Only just heard on a playlist that it’s Dexy’s Midnight Runners. Always assumed it was someone totally different. If only there had been a clue. 

20 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Could say that about the Other Stage bud, it used to be my main hang out for an elctronic headliner, now look at it!

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Burst out laughing again thinking about the Other stage headliners 

Not even (just) the headliners. It's 2024 and the best the world's greatest festival can rustle up on the supposedly 'Other' stage is Bloc Party, Two Door Cinema Club, The Streets, Bombay and the Bicycles. Don't think it's unfair to say that for all those acts, maybe their best days are behind them. But who knows, maybe bands who were huge in 2010 are the real alternative. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Hopefully seeing Orbital and London Grammar for my first Park headliner 

Same here for Orbital. Is the consensus that they're actually headlining the Saturday now then, as opposed to playing before Grammar (which I read on here yesterday)?

I've seen a load of Park acts, but annoyed with myself for never seeing a headliner, in 7 Glasto's.

I was so gutted not to see Flaming Lips in 2017 but not much on earth would have stopped me seeing that Radiohead gig.

Other is certainly having something of an existential crisis. Always saw it as a vaguely 'alternative' stage but what does that even mean anymore? Perhaps if Woodsies reverted to a proper new bands tent some of the more established acts from there would move to Other and give it a bit more oomph. In saying that if LCD, Little Simz and The National were topping it this year, with PJ Harvey and Kiwanuka subbing, that would be a reasonably meaty line-up. But we are where we are. 

Woodsies and Other both weak as piss. Im a little cold on the Park also tbh. Peggy Gou? Really? Whole hill there to mooch their way through the nanana tune? Fontaines are the pits and booking Orbital 30 years after their debut to go on 2nd last before two-tunes-and-the-truth dirge like London Grammer is berzerk. Rest of the stage's billing is vanilla af.

Edited by Wooderson

22 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Glastonbury Festival, brought to you by BBC Radio 1.

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Interesting. Might need to check out some of their live set lists then. I loved False Lankum eventually (definitely took me a while)

Fail to watch Lankum live at your peril. They are astonishing and one of probably only two must-sees for me so far from the poster. 

Ben