Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nothing to suggest the blocker with Madonna was money.

I should think her sh*tty timekeeping would have been a major concern.

Cant believe the radio silence in Disclosure. Saw in Miami they were brilliant.

42 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Fleetwood mac are probs out now, Prince died. Elton and Macca won't do it again.

There must be others in the pool. All these artists are from the 70, 80s. Between there and now, there are several decades to draw artists from even if they are not as popular as those. Taylor Swift would probably qualify as one or will very soon

42 minutes ago, homesick said:

The Streets…Other support in 2024? Laughable. Same goes for whichever of Two Door Cinema Club or Anne-Marie have that slot

Anne-Marie is excellent live.

2 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

This all has echo’s of 2015 when The Who were bolted on due to Prince pulling out. We all know how that ended. 

SZA is a much bolder booking than The Who though. At least they’re swinging for the fences here with an artist with something to prove.

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

She's gonna bring the fun factor and I reckon I might even be there for it. Think it's a known thing that I don't always love the legend slot but I'm hoping she'll be a little less busy.

I'm thinking very much a Dolly type for me (not the size of crowd though!).  But not someone I'd choose to listen to usually but fun, a few tunes that I know well and will be happy to sing along to and I think she'll have a blast which always helps (yes, Jeff Lynne, I'm looking at you).

It's funny how I found out the poster was out this morning. I went into the bathroom for a shower, put the radio on and thought "there's only one reason Greg James would be playing Shania Twain on Radio 1 at 8.05am", knew there would be a poster waiting on social media! 

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Me RN

276132.jpg.d3f6c863b76abc69ea21502dbdc61620.jpg

I came back to somebody (don't know if it was definitely you) and disagreed massively about IDLES on Other... But then I heard TANGK and saw them in Brixton.

Best libe band at the moment and deserve this new wave of success.

35 minutes ago, homesick said:

You may want to check the artists at the bottom I said I was looking forward to. 

And are Idles and Mike Skinner black? I said both of those were poor bookings. Stop looking for something that ain’t there 

Ignore them. Same poster accused me of being racist last year when I said I didn't like any artist using the N word. I was genuinely baffled at the time. 

Edited by DDave

3 hours ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

Plenty for me to see... probably won't see any Pyramid headliners this year but that's not unusual. May give SZA a go if as I expect, Justice is dangerously busy. It might be the first time in 8 festivals across 20 years I don't see the legend as I've no real desire to see Shania but it depends on what else is on.

Very excited for Mdou Moctar who I've said should play for years but always saw him as more of a West Holts Booking rather than the Park. Based on line up so far it will be Fontaines, Disclosure & probably Justice as headliners. I've only recently discovered High Vis who will likely be a must see and then plenty of fun acts in Cyndi Lauper, Janelle Monae, Sugarbabes & Avril Lavigne plus a couple I expect will be good in Headie One & Ghetts. Skream & Benga being on there will take me right back to my early days too.

All in all I'm just happy to be back after a 5 year absence and I only ever pick one must see a day so it's nice for that not to be a struggle. Hoping for a surprise or 2 and Charlotte de Witte on iiCon but no doubt I'll have found some gems I don't know of yet before I get there and another dozen by the time it's over.

High Vis was the best surprise for me. Seen them a few times over the last year & they're class

• Like 2

Not sure I get the hate for this line-up.

Feel like the worst type of Glastonbury is a top-heavy Glastonbury. Last year felt like that. This feels like a deep Glastonbury with a couple of gambles up top. There are a lot of bands across all stages I’d be very keen to watch.

Can’t stomach Coldplay playing AGAIN for the third time in my Glastonbury lifetime. But I get why they’re there.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

SZA is a much bolder booking than The Who though. At least they’re swinging for the fences here with an artist with something to prove.

That was my point earlier. Who did people want instead? Major artists plan their world tours years in advance. With the possible exception of The 1975, all of the options left on the table by the time Emily’s third or fourth choice had fallen through would likely have been either on the smaller side or a bland repeat booking - and it’s surely better that they went with the former rather than the latter.  IMO they’ve done well to at least get a critically acclaimed artist from overseas, rather than idk bumping up Keane or something. 

In previous years we’ve criticised the fest for not giving the likes of Florence and Lizzo the headline spot, and going for a ‘safe but uninspiring’ option instead. This year they’ve done the opposite. Good for the fest to expand the headliner pool a bit if she smashes it, and if it doesn’t work out like that then no harm done and it was worth a try. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

29 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I feel like the most exciting artists are the ones with something to prove. SZA will be spending the next few months perfecting her set in a way that The Who (for example) never did/ would. This is her big shot, and she'll sink or swim. 

Success stories from that is Stormzy being the obvious example for me, but Pulp and AM previously.