Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

13 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

2013 and 2010 were class IMO. Loads of diverse but really interesting acts. However Fri in 2013 was a clashtastrophe of brain melting proportions.

I get home from the festival and cant remember who I have seen

you are doing well

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I get home from the festival and cant remember who I have seen

you are doing well

These days I rely on clashfinder for that, unselect stuff as time passes. 

It makes me said when they archive years, although I have exported some. 

Im in the camp that I don't really care who is topping the bill on the Pyramid. Of the 3 this year I have never heard two of them as for as I am aware.

Still a lot of the bill to be revealed as yet. Lots of bands I am into would be classed as "lower ranking" but hoping at least a few of them make it somewhere along the way.

Particularly hoping for Deja Vega, Egyptian Blue, Sprints, Deadletter, Bodega , Treeboy & Arc, Bilk and Sports Team. 

Also hoping that Damien Dempsey, Will Varley, Revered and The Makers  added and some od punk would be good. We had the Damned on the Avalon last year. Be good to see Stranglers or Sham 69!

There will be plenty going on away from the main stages.

Edited by Popsider75
  • Upvote 1

And it's only part of the lineup. If you're not into pop, then those stages probably aren't for you anyway. I'm looking forward to the rest of the lineup 👍🏻

15 hours ago, Popsider75 said:

Particularly hoping for Deja Vega, Egyptian Blue, Sprints, Deadletter, Bodega , Treeboy & Arc, Bilk and Sports Team. 

Thumbs up for Deja Vega and Deadletter. Saw both at Kendal last year.  Great live bands. 

I'm a bit 'meh' about the line-up announced so far and undecided as to whether to pay my balance.  The main issue for me is the additional days the festival takes compared to others/time off work/childcare costs etc - all of which is expensive but cost justifiable when it is a great line-up. 

I just wish they'd release the Leftfield/Acoustic/Avalon line-ups before we have to decide to stick or twist on the balance payment so I could make an objective decision.  People say "it's not just about the music" but to me it is, primarily. 

9 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

I'm a bit 'meh' about the line-up announced so far and undecided as to whether to pay my balance.  The main issue for me is the additional days the festival takes compared to others/time off work/childcare costs etc - all of which is expensive but cost justifiable when it is a great line-up. 

I just wish they'd release the Leftfield/Acoustic/Avalon line-ups before we have to decide to stick or twist on the balance payment so I could make an objective decision.  People say "it's not just about the music" but to me it is, primarily. 

That's true, it's a big commitment time-wise. There isn't loads on the Weds/Thurs in terms of music (especially if you want to avoid being crushed to death) so if the main lineup poster is underwhelming, I fully empathise with people who want to keep £350 in their pocket instead of camping out in potentially horrible weather for 5 days.

11 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

I think it becomes much more about the music when the cost is closer to £400. I could see that angle when we were paying 250-300. It's not just about how many acts are playing vs money, it's about what the music vs the money value is for you.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 12:16 PM, Agis said:

Lots of saltiness regarding the Pyramid headliners but from where I am standing as a 50 something first time Glastonbury goer I could care less. I will just be glad to be there.

But with regard to the Pyramid are the  headliners really that bad or are they a deliberate attempt to pull a global more younger crowd?

Using Spotify as an example Coldplay are 25th most streamed artist of all time globally, Dua Lipa is 26th and SZA is 52nd........for context last years Pyramid Headliners Arctic Monkeys are 70th and Elton John is 105th...and Gun N Roses are outside of the Top 200.....

It's a blunt metric and obviously has a slant towards younger people who stream music but certainly this year's headliners are definitely global megastars. Should pull in increased number of younger viewers to the tv coverage which may convert to ticket sales in the years to come.

I'm assuming that's a 'world' spotify list as opposed to a UK list. A UK list would probably give a more accurate reflection as a 'world' list would be a little skewed imo.

46 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

If you pay your balance in the next few weeks, you then have up until 3rd May to get a refund.

Most areas still won't be out at that stage, but you there's a chance more will be known by then.

49 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

You can get a refund on tickets til 3rd May so even if you pay the balance you will get to see lots more of the lineup before that final date.

1 hour ago, LowerMead said:

Completely understand this, however from the poster drop, self confirms and strong rumours I've been doing my usual trawl via my streaming service of choice and have already discovered 3 acts new to me who I'm really excited to see.  Before you throw it back in the pot, I'd recommend doing a deeper dive into the names you don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LowerMead said:

Yeah this is where my wife is at the moment - as others have suggested, she's getting a ticket and hoping for enough other announcements by May 3rd to justify the cost.